October 21, 2014 | 968 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ambercriedwolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the foundation I am currently using. To be honest, I don't think that it is anything special or spectacular. With that being said, I don't think that it is bad, either. To me, it's very comparable to Revlon's Colorstay. However, I find myself going back to the Colorstay because it is cheaper and there's a greater range of shades which is nice because I wear the shade NC15 in this foundation (the lightest shade available) and it is still a bit too dark for me. I have to put some bronzer on my neck and chest when I wear this.

I will say that the coverage is great! My sister also wears this and she has freckles and this foundation covers them like a charm. She recently bought Estee Lauder Doublewear (which I have not personally tried but a lot of people love) and it doesn't do nearly as good of a job covering freckles as this foundation does. She said that this foundation gives a lot better coverage and she will be going back to it.

I have a few ice pick scars on my cheeks and this foundation doesn't do much anything to cover them or make them look much less noticeable. I would try to use a Sigma F80 to apply this foundation and it would give too cakey of a finish sometimes so I've been applying it with a stippling brush which gives a much lighter finish wihtout packing this foundation into my scars and pores thus making them more obvious. I have also applied this foundation with a BeautyBlender and that usually turns out pretty good, too.

I have not personally experienced a lot of breakouts with this foundation or if I have, I have not made the connection. With that being said, this foundation is somewhat notorious for breaking people out. I have struggled with acne in the past but I feel like I am at a place now where it's very controllable, however, I am still prone to breakouts every now and then. So with that being said, this foundation doesn't do anything horrible to my skin.

The packing is rather annoying, particularly when you get down to the last of the foundation. I've spent a few painful minutes banging this jar against the back of my hand trying to get the last of the product out. But other than that, I think the packaging looks nice and sleek. Which is should for the $27 you are paying for it (which is still rather inexpensive for a department store foundation).

So all in all, if you want to give this foundation a try and are not super prone to breakouts and do not mind spending $27 on a product that is fairly comparable to some foundations you might find in Walmart, then I say go for it. I mean, if you don't like it, you can always return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Hadele

Broke me out after 1 week of use like CRAZY. I have never broken out to a product before.

This foundation smells and feels like paint, and for some reason the NC15 I bought this time around (from the official site, mind you) was banana yellow on my face.

There's a reason they call it Macne.

On the bright side, it was good at covering up the acne it made...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Sailormoon21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ughhhhh I hate this foundation soo much! I don't know how the girls love it?????? It's breaking me out and the price not with it all!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Jennnyerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before i'll always buy this product but it got pricey after awhile that's why i stopped buy it.
As right now this product i was a nc25 shade and i real like this product and it dose to the cover up but it gives my face a dewwy look but i kinda go for the matte look. i have oily face. this product for do good with oily face you;ll have to use a powder every hour.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by CindyC19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have my pro's and con's with this particular item My Con's: the horrible strong smell never smelled something like that before when I purchased other brands of foundation thankful the smell subsidies after a few minutes and the foundation gives me a white cast on my face which I hate!!! And my skin isn't sensitive I don't break out easily but this foundation causes me to break out after one use. My Pro's: Medium-Heavy coverage which I like it blends evenly on my dry skin doesn't cause any streaks for me and it's long lasting.... My final conclusion is I wouldn't repurchase this it's on the expensive side for a foundation it isn't worth the money I know drug store foundation that is cheaper could work just as good so this is a hit and miss for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by thatssodeming

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

terrible! super heavy and the spf in it makes your face look white in pictures. it is very thick so covers yes, but by taking it off you will find breakouts that WILL get worse with use. this foundation is expensive, and I cant even use it on my models when I freelance as a makeup artist simply because of the white reflection that the camera captures when wearing this product. I have also found that when I stopped wearing this, my skin cleared up within like a week. do not use if you have any acne problems. period.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by dtintina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Just one of the worst foundations ever. It applies streaky, it doesn't last long, it breaks up the minute you become oily, breaks me out, and smells like paint. I love mac, but studio fix is a huge miss. I expected more from you when it comes to your best selling foundation, mac!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by emmmg

I got this foundation for christmas in 2013, the shade of foundation when applied looked very yellow and orangey, it didn't match my skin at all, so I left it in my 'back up' makeup box for a good few months... 7 to be precise. Until a few days ago, I was having a makeup crisis, so I decided id give mac another go. Instantly I noticed the coverage was exactly what I needed (it had the ability to hide the few acne scars that I have) and it matched my skin almost perfectly, as its summer now and my skin is tanned. In my opinion, it gives a very natural look, and feels fine on my skin. When used with a primer, setting powder and setting spray it lasts all day without needing to be touched up. Unfortunately my skin is prone to getting spots, but so far this foundation hasn't broke me out. I just make sure I wash it off well at night, and take good care of my skin. As for the packaging...well.. it could be better if it came with a pump, but you can buy that separate if you really want to!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by pocket123

Horrible foundation that broke me out so bad I had to return it. Also didn't like the colour I bought at all, was way too yellow. Will not be buying from Mac again! Will be sticking with YSL and Estée Lauder foundations from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful foundation with medium to full coverage, it doesn't claim to be long-lasting but I just set it with pressed powder then I'm good to go. It is cheaper than other high-end foundations ($27). It comes in a wide variety of shades for all skin tones with different undertones which is always a good a thing. I do hate the fact that the pump is sold separately. If you want a really good high-end foundation with great coverage then this is what you're looking for :)