MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

I love it, it covers up all of my acne and most importantly doesn't break me out!
I have been using for about a year now!
I tried various Urban Decay/Naked foundations and they just sat on top of my skin and I couldn't find my color!
This goes on a bit yellow but once it dries it darkens up to a natural shade. I use the NC35. I wish that I could post pictures because I have before and afters that show how good this product works!

I was so excited to try out this product, particularly after reading some really positive reviews. I was looking for a foundation with full coverage, lasting power and one that doesn't fell heavy/cakey on the face.

However, i was left disapointed and ended up selling it on ebay.

This was because it broke me out in terrible spots that i'm still tackling to get rid of even months later.

I am a teenager with sensitive skin. If you are a teenager or have acne prone skin, I really wouldn't reccomend it.

It's such a shame, because this is quite a popular foundation and it gives a good amount of coverage. However, it feels very heavy and thick on the face. I personally didn't like the way it felt on my skin.

Moreover, i got matched to the wrong colour in the mac store.

Pro's - good coverage

Cons - broke me out
feels very heavy on the face
you might end up being matched to the wrong shade

Been using this foundation for a around a week and I am liking it so far.
I ordinary got matched to NW15 however it oxidised throughout the day and looked so orange at the end of the day. I then decided to try NW10 however the lady at Mac in Covent Garden said NW13 would be better but she would give me a sample of both. I first tried NW13 and again it oxidise but not as bad as NW15 but I still look a bit orange however NW10 is the perfect match and doesn't oxidise at all (even if it did you wouldn't notice). I think nw13 will look nice in summer when I have a bit more of a tan and don't look like a ghost.
I have quite oily skin and have found this can dry out your skin but so long as you moisture before it is fine
As people have said before it doesn't smell great and doesn't come with a pump which is annoying but that doesn't really bother me because it gives a lovely matte finish without having to use lots of product
I do use a setting powder and finishing powder to make sure my foundation stays on all day so I'm not sure whether it would last all day without it not but does with setting powder and finishing powder.
Depending on what happens the more I use this project, I will buy this again

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally I purchased MAC Foundation. I never wanted to buy MAC Foundie because I remember my sister told me that MAC is for an adults and whatsoever.

This is my first impression. I bought this just 3 days ago.
So last night, I came home little bit late. I'm reached home and suddenly I fell a sleep. In the morning, I was like "Damn! I slept with makeup on zzz". Then I get off my bed and gotta clean my makeup. As I stare at the mirror I cannot believe that my face still perfect. No oily. No creasing. Flawless. And I'm feeling like Yoncé, Woke Up Like Thizzz!

I am struggling with my oily skin. I have tried so many foundation and primer. I tried a lot of skin care too. This foundation is amazing. It's light on my skin. I use MUFE Primer or Benefit Porefessional right before it and spray UD's Oil Control Spray.

It's quite expensive but I see the quality over it. But since this is my first time buying MAC Foundation, I wonder why they separated the pump?

Was really disappointed with the product after hearing and reading so many recommendations. I used NW25 and felt the yellow undertone was really strong. The smell was horrible, a really strong chemical smell. The liquid blended well and it was a good coverage. However it seemed to dry my skin out and subsequently stuck to dry patches making them flaky and noticeable. It needed reapplied after only a few hours and needed lots of powder added on top to give it a soft and even finish, when I personally prefer to find a foundation that doesn't need much else added. It wasn't the worst foundation but for the price it is totally not worth it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a great product for me although there are some annoyances with it. The packaging is cute, the tiny box it comes in, but the actual bottle does not have a pump which is annoying because I waste product and it's pretty unsanitary. The foundation is a but pricey, at $27 a pop, but if it isn't a big deal for you then go for it. The product itself is a thick product maybe the consistency of maple syrup. It doesn't give you a cake face as many people say, you just have to BLEND!!! It doesn't give me a mask looking face at all. It I very full covers so great for scars and things. It gives a matte finish, but not too much a matte finish, it doesn't dry the skin either. It has great lasting power, I would say about 8 hours without powder and 11 with powder. The product photographs well even with flash. This product has never broken me out and I do have very sensitive skin, it may just be a matter of washing your face correctly. Thin foundation also NEVER oxidizes on my skin, which is wonderful because I hate putting on a foundation and 2 hours later looking 3 shades darker than my color. The product to me smells great also, somewhat of a cocoa smell. I would have given this product 5 lippies, but the packaging and price made me drop t a few points. Overall it's a great product if you're willing to pay the $27 and buy a pump for $9

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This broke me out and gave me tiny bumps around my mouth. It smells awful!!!! Like death and paint. It covers nicely but looks kinda dull on the skin. Its not like a nice matte that looks makes you look like a doll. It did have good staying power but does get into fine lines. This foundation feels drying if you use it everyday and have dry skin. I think this would work better for normal to oily skin or using it for special occasions l.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

1 lippie off for packaging coz it's pretty necessary to buy a separate pump. This is around $30+/- investment to your fdtn wardrobe & fdtn isn't something u wanna scrimp on I've found. I've got very extreme oily skin & I like a lot of coverage so I have the option of applying it/going over t-zone w a cream fdtn/applying HD powder (loose or pressed)/applying loose powder fdtn over the top/& my personal fave is to apply Studiofix powder fdtn over t-zone u never want to be over powdered so it's really only necessary to powder the t-zone very conservatively & I get photoshop results w those methods. NC15 is what I was diagnosed as way back when but its kind of too light but exchange is a hassle I will rebuy when j run out in NC20 or NC25 or somem I can make it work yanno? & it turns darker as the day goes on anyways lucky me huh then it's the right color haha it does oxidize beware! I use a MAC Sponge or MAC fdtn brush from holiday '15 collection to apply.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I recently purchased this foundation in the shade c4.5 .The foundation comes in a glass bottle, which isn't great as its difficult to control the amount coming out of the bottle. However the make-up artist who served me gave me a pump to use it and didn't charge me for it which was nice.

I applied the foundation after using moisturiser. I have dry skin and as this foundation is oil-free it is necessary to apply moisturiser beforehand so it doesn't cling to my dry patches. I don't like a dewy finish with a foundation which is why I went for the studio fix fluid as it does deliver a matte finish which I liked. It is medium to full coverage yet doesn't look cakey. I think the finish and coverage of the foundation would be particularly good for a night out.

What I really didn't like about this foundation was the colour....I would describe it as orange. I didn't choose the colour myself, I spoke to one of the make-up artists who sat me down and tried a few shades on me. Shade c4.5 is the one the make-up artist chose as being closest to my neck, however when I got it home and tried it on it was two shades darker than my neck.

I have a golden tan from using sunbeds now and again and still found this "tanned" shade far too orange. I do cover my face on the sunbed so my face is a lot lighter than my neck, therefore I use fake tan on my face to make it the same colour as the rest of me. I don't know if the fake tan on my face is what makes the make-up look orangey, but she said she matched it to my neck The rest of my skin is a pinky golden colour, so the colour of this foundation doesn't match my skin tone at all. The makeup artist told me that this shade c4.5 doesn't have as strong an undertone as other mac NW or NC shades. To me this foundation has a very strong yellow/orange undertone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First thing that I don't like about this product is the packaging, it's cute, but without a pump or something that I can use to see how much product I'm taking I usually waste the product, and it's not a cheap thing to me use a half and trow away the rest. Now about how this foundation works on my skin... I don't like it! It is like a mask, to thick