July 26, 2014 | 1625 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never knew that I would ever use a bar soap for my skin & that it would be the best thing for it. I have been using the sensitive skin version for about 3 years now. I don't have anything negative to say about it.
--------------------
The bars are frangrance-free, so incredibly moisturizing and they clean well! With most any soap (liquid or bar) my skin feels very tight and dry after use in the shower. When I get out of the shower after using the beauty bar, my skin feels soft, smooth and moisturized.
--------------------
I use the bar for my body, shaving and even my face sometimes to remove makeup. (does not break me out)
--------------------
I will keep buying this bar for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by mihailo1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Every morning when I get out of bed I think to myself 'God, thank you for this product'. Last couple of weeks I even wash my hair with it. No scent (I'll use my cologne when i feel like smelling), very few preservatives, very moisturizing BUT it leaves no residue (I will put on my body milk if I feel my skin is drying out, thank you), I mean - it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by angelfish12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best body soap I've ever used. I used to get dry itchy patches on my arms when using body wash, but with this my skin is soft and if I don't have time to use a body moisturiser, my skin is fine.

I have also used this on my face for a few years now, although I think it clogs my pores a little bit. I can also only use it on my face once a day, as if I use wash off cleansers twice a day my skin gets reactive.

Overall though a great product at a brilliant price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm fragrance sensitive. There is a subtle whiff of clean smell, not as strong as other dove bar soaps. Did not irritate my skin. Lathered up well, rinsed off completely. Good budget bar soap alternative to the pricier organic/natural/plant based cleanser bars. I recommend this soap over the fragrance loaded baby bar soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only bar soap (or any product, for that matter) that I use to wash my body.
My skin is extremely sensitive, as I have eczema, but this soap hasn't irritated it in the slightest. I also don't get that overly dry feeling I usually get from other soaps.
There's not really much more that I can say to sum up how much I love this soap. I have and will continue to use and recommend it.

Edit: While I was in Europe recently, I used this as a multipurpose product (face/body soap & for shaving). It did a fairly good job for my face and I didn't break out from it, and as far as shaving went, it did a decent job, but the hard water (literally mountain water, people!) made it hard for the soap to lather well enough to stay on my legs.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the original Dove beauty bar (occasionally their seasonal scents) I use to wash face & body never had any issues it always left my skin super soft, silky, moisturized and I didn't have to apply lotion on afterward, weirdly I got the sensitive bar and it's ultra drying. Funny b/c it's geared for sensitive skin, it didn't leave me with a silky, moisturized feeling like the other Dove bars? I tried this for a while, but still, dry skin... weird I love Dove though just not this bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by BadBlood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only bar soap that I use right now. My skin has gotten more finicky as I've gotten older and this doesn't aggravate my skin at all. I don't always use it but when my skin is acting up (itchy, rashy, etc.), this is my go to!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by NettalynnVL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only body soap I can use. I use Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser to exfoliate, but first I use this soap with a loofa. I absolutely love it! I've been using this for about six years, and it's the only thing that kept my skin moisturized and clear. Every time I've tried to switch to a body wash or even just another Dove soap my skin has had a fit (I really do need to learn not to try new things so often when it comes to skin care...), but this cleanser always clears me back up again and keeps my skin soft and happy :)

That said, I wouldn't use it on your face. Typically what works wonders on one part of the body is bound to cause problems when put on your face, when I did use this my nose and forehead broke out (stopped using it and went back to Cetaphil and MB Glycolic and everything went back to normal). So stick to this as a good body cleanser if you have sensitive, acne prone skin, and avoid putting it on your face.

PROS:

- Cheap, lasts forever.

- Moisturizes and cleanses

- Won't irritate/breakout body (but avoid the face!)

CONS:

- It's a bar...that's just awkward and totally fodder for comedy sketches when in the shower.

- May cause breakouts on the face if you experiment and use it there.

Conclusion:

Total keeper! Give it a try, it's dirt cheap, and shouldn't cause any problems when used below the neck :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by godpsent

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hands down the only body cleanser I will probably ever use. I have been using it and it only for the last, oh I don't know, 10 years of my life. Its amazingly moisturizing considering its a sensitive skin formula. The one con is that it really does melt pretty fast, so keep it dry when not in use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive been using this as a facial cleanser off and on for years. I have never had any problems with it. Gets the job done and keeps my skin clear and smooth. My only complaint is I wish Dove had a facial cleanser in a liquid form? I dont feel like a bar sitting in a shower is very sanitary.