July 28, 2014 | 2074 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a big fan of this product.. It did leave my hair looking shiny but I was hoping it'd control my frizzy curly hair as well, I was wrong :/ I can't say I'd reccomend it, pretty disappointing :/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

I'm a guy and I have coarse thick black hair, this stuff leaves my hair soft and fluffy I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This made my thick hair very tangled. It also made my hair feel like I had major buildup. Disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by kcarideo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan of this product. Although it didn't do anything bad to my hair, I didn't notice anything good that it did either. It seemed to just kind of sit there, no matter how much or how little I smoothed in. My ends were still dry after using this for a while and it didn't smooth out any frizziness. Maybe it would work for thinner, less damaged hair?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by xChocobunny

The paackaging was nice- no awkward half broken-caps. However, this did the absolute opposite for my hair. It made it MORE frizzy-looking. If I moved even one strand out of place, a couple strands will go with it and then when I let go, it just droops awkwardly on my head. I found that out the hard way- imagine that on a windy day. My hair is thick is not that frizzy to begin with, depends on the weather. Another plus I guess was that I think my hair colour lightened a bit more? It's been two months since I last died it and with Liese bubble hair dye, it usually lightens to it's actual colour in a week so I'm certain it wasn't the hairdye lightening still as adding this product to my routine was the only thing that changed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by onlyfr33b33

I don't buy regular conditioner anymore, just use this stuff after showering with a natural shampoo. It seems to work! Hair feels so soft and shiny. I like that I can really work it into the ends. I have really fine hair, and never had a problem with it feeling too greasy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by caitiebug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This leave-in is working SO well on my hair! I am pleasantly surprised.
Right now, I am using this out of the shower every day, after shampoo and conditioner. Then, I blow dry with a round brush, and my hair is soft, silky, shiny, and frizz-free! I can't really ask for any more! I have not tried it yet with air-drying. I will usually add a bit of hairspray after blow drying for some hold and texture, but this is the only styling product I use other than that.

My hair is long, not currently color treated, but the ends are a previously dyed, dry, frizzy disaster. My hair is fine and straight-ish, but I have a lot of it and some random waves and lots of frizz. Through trial and error, I've found that the more styling product I use in my hair, the worse the ends seem to look.
The ends are so dried out and damaged, that I realized I needed to make a treatment part of my everyday routine to see some results. A weekly deep conditioning wasn't cutting it. I'm happy that this is an inexpensive, easily found product, and will continue to use as long as I'm getting these fab results, for sure!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by dprovi

My hair is natural and I've been on the hunt for a reasonably priced leave in conditioner that actually moisturizes my hair. I used to use Garnier Fructis products (shampoo right through to leave ins) when my hair was texturized and figured I'd give it a try since it worked well with my hair before. Well this bad boy was on sale and I ended up buying two eager to try it and I wish I had saved the money. After using this product for a two months, my hair is drier than before I started using it. I find that it coats the hair and over the course of the week (if applied daily or every other day, which I do) it leaves a greyish film on your hair which looks terrible. I even diluted the product with loads of water hoping that it would help with the greyish film and it didn't even help in the least bit. In fact my hair became even drier which made the grey film look worse. Now I suppose the porosity of one's hair might attribute to the product sitting on top of the hair shaft rather than sinking in, but the last time I checked the porosity of my hair was within the normal range so it leaves me to believe that this product just isn't good and certainly not the one for me.

Not into the hair typing thing but for the benefit of others, my hair is classed as mainly 4A (with 3C areas)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by LittleTogi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't go a day without this conditioner! My whole life I've been stopped by women with curly hair (and without) to ask what I do to my hair to get it frizz free and defined. I am always happy to help out a stranger with curls because I know what it's like to cry with frustration over hair with a mind of its own! I haven't cried once since I discovered mousse! But since then I've found an easy routine that works for me.

Curls always will have a mind of their own, you can only do so much! Here is my routine for anyone who liked my photos I submitted and wants to give it a shot. Step 1: I use Suave Mint & Eucalyptus anti-dandruff shampoo (this is new but I like it so far for my dry flaky scalp & product build-up) Step 2: I condition my hair most days but sometimes it makes my hair frizz even worse (I really don't understand this) but when I do condition, I use Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream and leave it in for at least 15-30 minutes. Step 3: Do not comb, brush, vigorously towel-dry or blow-dry hair at any point! When hair is very damp, apply Garnier Sleek & Shine leave-in conditioner very liberally and evenly. Try to focus on ends and the back of the head. I turn my head upside down while applying this to get the under side of my hair. I usually have a little clip to put my hair half up to get "into the thick" of the back of the hair. Step 4: I usually part my hair how I want it and begin applying Tresemme Climate Control Mousse. This mousse is not bad about getting hard and flaky, just be sure to apply it evenly, with only a small portion in your hands at a time. At this point I am still "shaping my hair" which means I can run my fingers through my hair to distribute product. Step 4: I usually wait until my hair is slightly more dry (about and hour later) and then I will apply Big Sexy Hair Root Pump or Root Pump Plus (same thing). Some days I don't need the Big Sexy Hair but if it's going to be humid (all bets are off) I'll put it in for a little extra hold. I go pretty easy on this stuff as it provides the strongest hold of all these products.

While my hair is drying, which usually takes a long, long time, I am constantly flipping my hair over and side to side so it doesn't dry so flat. With all the products in my hair, if I didn't do this I would have absolutely no body! So flip and scrunch and try to get some air-flow to your scalp. If you have thick curly hair and want to try this, I say good luck! But everyone's hair is different, I just put this out there to try and help and give you some ideas. (Sorry this is so long!) I'll be posting this under the other two products I use in my routine also.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by pnnylne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on sale at CVS for about $3-4 USD. I have really dry/relaxed hair and I use this as my leave-in/base for pre-poo mixture. When I first got the product I noticed that it has a really thick formulation and felt heavy on my hair (especially when I applied it to my dry hair). So now I've begun to dilute it with 3 teaspoons of water to thin it out. I apply it as a pre-poo (with 3 teaspoons of water and 1 teaspoon of honey) for more moisture. After my conditioner, I take the diluted form of the product and apply to my damp hair and seal with an oil/serum. The result is really moisturized hair that it is soft (after it dries via air dry/blow dry). If you intend to apply this product on dry hair, I definitely recommend diluting it with water. It has an okay smell, is readily available, and cheap. I would recommend.