August 1, 2014 | 1932 users online

Body Scrubs - Neutrogena - Energizing Sugar Body Scrub-Fresh Citrus

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by cranberry7

This is not my favorite scrub, but it's not terrible. It has a nice, grainy texture to it. It feels like it's really scrubbing you. I like that the sugar dissolves, however it does dissolve a bit too quickly. And it does leave a film on my skin. I probably wouldn't buy this again unless I could get it cheaply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub. It comes in the standard jar packaging and has a very refreshing citrus scent. I use it on my legs, feet, and elbows and after I rinse off they are well moisturized with a slight oil residue to lock in moisture. Its pretty difficult to find body scrubs from drugstore brands so I appreciate that Neutrogena made this. I usually have good luck with Neutrogena products and this is no different. The price is decent for what it is. Definitely would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by gymmia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a jar of this for free. I signed up for a promotion on the Neutrogena website. I started using this after my Bliss scrub ran out, and I won't be buying this stuff again. I like the light, lemony scent- it's refreshing in the morning. I like a more abrasive scrub, and this is like a scrub "light." The big negative is the oiliness of the product. I assume it's less drying than other scrubs, which is great for my skin, but it's totally slippery in the shower afterwards. Pity any poor unsuspecting fool who has to shower after you too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by aclassicbeauty

I really like this scrub. I have dry, sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate it or make it itch. I actually like the oily feel it leaves after I exfoliate. It has a very pleasant citrus scent. I feel like the tub is a bit small, as I probably got about 3-4 good uses out of it. I would however purchase again if I need to exfoliate before self-tanning.

*edit* I read a reviewer applied this to her face. I would not recommend this at all. I'd suggest Origins Modern Friction for facial exfoliating. Also, another reviewer claimed to use this before shaving and had the nicest, closest shave. I totally agree with her. My legs have never felt smoother before trying this combination!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by jhorner07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand all the negative feedback on this product because I loved it! It comes in a tub, which, a lot of body scrubs do so, nothing out of the ordinary there. The smell is pleasantly orangey and not overbearing at all. I smoothed it on my legs and began scrubbing vigorously. For me, the sugar did not dissolve too quickly at all, it did its job quite nicely! I rinsed it all off, followed it with a quick soapy lather and shaved my legs. I tell you, it made my legs silky and gave me the closest shave I've ever had! All in all, I was impressed with the product, although you may have to spend some extra time rinsing off the moisturizing agent in this scrub, it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by noahluvsmee

the smell is great if you want to freshen things up. like everyone has said, it does leave a bit of a residue. but it goes away after a few hours though. i would buy this product again, but for 9.99, i couldve made a dozen batches with homemade body scrub recipes online, so probably not.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by shy_makeup_girl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i took off one lippie because of the film it left on my face
gross
i agree with the other reviewers...
the scent is so REFRESHING!
=]

and the exfoliating job is fantastic
i have the tender skin you can imagine

i just use neutrogena oil-free acne wash after to get rid of the film, and it does wonders=]

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by hlj504

I was really excited to try this product...it smells great and does a decent job of exfoliating...but the film it leaves on your skin - and on the floor of my shower - makes not want to use this ever again. I think I'll have to go back to me Bliss exfoliator - pricier, but much better overall. Oh well...I still love my Neutrogena Comforting Body Butter. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by calisummer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, a bit surprised at the reviews as I actually really like this product. I stayed with a friend of mine who had it in her shower and after using it for a few days, ended up making a special point to buy it myself once I got home. I love the refreshing smell and it seems to do a good job of cleansing and exfoliating. Mostly I use it on my legs and it always seems to leave them looking and feeling really nice. And I have somewhat sensitive skin. I haven't had any problems with using this and I always like to keep a jar in my shower!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by GtownMermaid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have to agree with other reviews -- if you have oily skin or you do not like your skin to feel like you just slathered on half a bottle of baby oil, you may not like this. Tonite after using it, I just couldn't stand that oily slick feeling so I washed again with some Neutrogena shower wash.

I bought it at Walgreen's along with the Neutrogena shower wash because it was BuyOneGetOne 1/2 off. I've used half the jar and cannot tell that it's really doing anything in the way of exfoliating.

I gave it 2 lippies because I really enjoy the scent -- it's very refreshing, and I did get it pretty cheap. BUT that's not enough for me to buy again when what I really wanted was exfoliation. It's probably best left on the shelf for those with really dry skin to purchase.