November 27, 2014 | 1518 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by laapointe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently noticed a dry patch on my cheek but nothing major I should worry about. A few days later, the patch got drier, itchy, red and it burns like crazy. Hello again, eczema.. If you already had this kind of issue on your face, you probably know it's impossible to cover.. Makeup over eczema patch looks terrible, even if I applied a very rich moisturizer on the affected area. So I was stuck with a uncoverable red area on my face for a few days. I don't like to wear concealer on my face during the summer except for the under-eye which so I wanted to get rid of this patch fast. I know cortisone can heal eczema but I also heard that it make the skin thinner and I experienced skin whitening after using cortisone cream on my face. I went to the drugstore and the lady gave me a sample of Cicalfate. It took 4 days and my patch was almost gone. It's still a little bit red but it's coverable with a dot of a light bb cream, the area is smooth again and I keep on wearing it to help my cheek to heal completely. YAY for avene!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Snosand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried tons of options from Euricen to prescriptions. Nothing has worked and most make my rosacea worse. If finally dropped the money for Avene.. After reading tons of reviews and looking at the ingredients I went the Cicalfate creme.

This really helps keep everything with my rosacea under control. It is really thick but it does not increase my extremely oily skin. The only downfall is it does not fully control the dryness. However, I have tried other products in the Avene line and nothing else has worked to help keep my nose normal.

I use this daily with the extremely gentle cleanser then I spray my face with the Avene thermal spray and apply Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream while my skin is still wet.

Full name of the product: Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

I originally purchased Cicalfate after a glycolic peel mishap last year. I had stupidly attacked a spot with Duac the night before a peel, forgot to tell my nurse, & ended up with a burn. This didn't help with that situation, but it was pretty bad and required Rx hydrocortisone to heal. But I kept the Cicalfate around, as I'd heard great things about it.

Lately I've developed 2 odd, red bumps in-line with each other right on my cheekbone, under my eye. To sum it up, it hasn't been pretty, nothing has gotten rid of them, & they've been there for about 2 weeks. They've slowly started to shrink down with time, but last night I decided to rub Cicalfate on them. The area around the bumps has been irritated, due to my many tries to eradicate these little devils. This morning I woke up to more even-toned skin and the bumps seem slightly smaller and definitely less angry. I'm gonna keep up with the Cicalfate and hope they continue to heal without further breaking me out.

If you have sensitive, easily irritated skin give this stuff a shot. I especially like it after plucking my brows to relieve the red skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

This cream works great on wounds and cuts but when i try to use it on my face it's extremely drying.........even when i put very little on spots , the next day those areas will be very dry which makes it very hard to cover.....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by cuschlamochree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

About a year ago I developed a dry, red, flaky patch around the left corner of my mouth that didn't clear up for months. To this date I'm not sure what caused it, but I'm suspecting it was either an allergic reaction to Dermalogica's Multivitamin Recovery Masque, or a beard rash. I felt like I'd tried everything when I came across this product. I can't remember what made me buy it but I did and was amazed by the result - my dry patch cleared up within days!

Since then it's been standing in my bathroom shelf until recently when the unusually cold winter led me to look for something to replace my usual almond oil as night moisturizer. So far I'm happy with the results. This cream is very heavy and while my face is quite greasy when going to bed I always wake up with supple skin that's even in tone. It seems that the dehydration lines I have around my eyes have decreased a little as well. I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Schmoopsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been smoking too much hash and it makes my eyes really puffy all the time, especially when I wake up. I drink a lot of water, eat healthy food and run 45 minutes a day, tried tea bags, ice packs, cucumber slices, but it didn't get rid of the puffiness. I had a tube of cicalfate that I had never used before and I decided to try it under my eyes. The puffiness is definitely reduced after about a half hour and a spot that I scratched is less red. I think it does what it's supposed to do. I'm careful not to get it too close to my eyes. I think if I get any of it in my eyes, I'll be right back where I started.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by katsubrtova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This actually SAVED my skin...I've been using since I was 15 to heal pimples, cuts, scratches and more less every terrible mess on my face I made (all apologies to my skin for suffering that much, now I'm more careful :) and to fade my acne scars. And I tell that it's awesome. It doesn't make wonders, so do not expect a scar to heal within a week, but it's miracle when being compared to other healing treatments.
It has a healing power of a well made pharmacy ointment, but it's not greasy, which means that it kill the bacteria without breaking you out and calm the inflammation (stops that stupid transparent/yellowish liquid pouring out of your inflammated pimple.
Well In highly recommend it to acne-rpone girsl as a healing product!
And one a little bit silly thing to add: I like the fact that it's white - when you're not wearing make-up for example while being at home and you put this on spot, it covers it quite...for me it means that I feel less ugly passing the mirror :D

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by eugrandet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this product much, but it broke me out "in one hour" in first and second trying, very very bad product for my sensitive skin. I stopped using it. Maybe I will try it on my lips :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by bibi517

I adore this product. I can not imagine my life with out it. I have very sensitive and super dry skin around my nose. This is the only thing that helps me. And I tried Every. Thing.
After using Cicalfate I feel like my skin is drinking that stuff! I don't mind a little thick consistency, in fact I find it soothing and I honestly can't believe a miracle like this existed.
I brought myself two huge tubes of it from Europe (I have not seen such size available in Canada) and I surely will buy more and more and more. Forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by kokosboll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Update oct 19th 2013: I just bought what I think is my 7th or 8th tube since purchasing my first one in dec or jan. I pretty much go through one of these babies a month, and preach the gospel of Cicalfate to anyone who's prepared to listen. Love it and pray they never discontinue/reformulate.

Original review: My skin is dehydrated, easily irritaded by things like dry or cold weather, new makeup products and stress. My cheeks have hyperpigmentation from acne and I break out randomly - so I'm not always excited to try new creams or products, because if they don't fit my skintype they just wreck havoc and I'm left with either pimples or dermatitis. Also, this winter has been very cold and dry, and the air in my apartment is also very dry. Happy skin? Not so much.

For my skin, this cream is a miracle. I got it to try and treat a stubborn flareup of dermatitis under my eyes, and started putting it around my mouth and cheeks to see if it would help with flakiness. My dermatitis was gone within a week, and the skin on my face felt smoother than ever. I've been slathering this cream all over my face twice a day for a month now, and the results are fantastic. I think my skin is as close to "normal" as it has been in 5 years, pretty much all thanks to Cicalfate.
Even though the cream is quite thick, it sinks in completley and leaves a matte/neutral surface. (Not sure if that's bc my skin is very dry or the product just does that for everyone)

I've gone through almost an entire tube in a month, and I will definitly repurchase. Wonderful, wonderful product.