July 25, 2014 | 1995 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Miracle Cure

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I first purchased this product months ago, and I can't have liked it very much as I relegated it for use as a pedicure base coat (where all of my dud treatments/bases end up). I finally got round to using it for pedicures, and after several weeks of use noticed that my toenails seemed a lot brighter, smoother and less ridged. As I couldn't quite remember what I hadn't liked about it as a fingernail treatment, I decided to re-try it as I was impressed with these results.

Well after a couple of times using this, all of its bad points came flooding back to me. Used alone as a treatment, Miracle Cure chips straight away, leading to it peeling off quite quickly. That can of course be rectified by adding another coat each day (as the chips aren't noticeable with it being clear) but sadly this is not the only problem.

On the nails that it does manage to stay on, horizontal "cracks" started to appear on the surface of my nail. I assumed this was the polish itself cracking, but when it is removed I am left with horizontal white lines on my nail where the crack was, that I can feel are shallow cracks in my nail. I don't even know how this would happen, I can only guess that the formula of the polish means it is not flexible once dry, so if my nails are knocked/bent due to daily wear and tear the polish can't cope and badly cracks? As dry and damaged as my nails are, they have never achieved cracks like this by themselves.

I have also used Miracle Cure as a base coat under polish, and the results weren't bad. my nails did seem to be left more moisturised upon removal of polish and there was no sign of the weird cracks, but my polish did not last as long as with my regular base coat.

I would therefore not re-purchase Miracle Cure. I seem to be having better luck (so far) with Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Growth treatment, so I will stick with that until I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually have very healthy and strong nails but had a couple of issues that got me looking at nail treatments and I finally settled on this one. I used it religiously for a while (while growing out a damaged nail). When I had the product on, my nails looked good and didn't peel or break easily but if I skipped an application (every other day) my nails looked awful.

Without the treatment on, my nails weren't any healthier than before treatment. It's only useful when on the nail and when applied every other day in thin coats.

By the time I get halfway through a bottle the remaining product gets thick and goopy and it's very hard to apply a thin coat without bubbles.

It's an ok product but I don't think I'll use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does sweet F-A for my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by riama

I was dealing with two peeling nails for all of July and August, and it was driving me insane! Whenever I applied a base coat and a nail colour, you could be sure that the next day, those two nails would be peeling at the tips. I finally thought to try a nail treatment polish and went for this one based on the review. I really like it! I've been using it for three weeks now and for the month of September, both of my peeling nails have been controlled! I can see that they still have a bit to go before the peeling areas grow out, but at least they're not peeling any lower than they already are. I'd give it one more month until my nails are in great shape again. I gave 3/5 for packaging quality because I've been finding that tiny amounts of the blue paint used to paint the bottle have been finding their way onto the brush. But I've only encountered this twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by emmajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this for a few months and I think my peelies are getting better. I started off with nine peeling nails and after using this for a few months, I now have three that are still growing out. I don't know whether it's the Miracle Cure that's helping, or just because I stopped using Sally Hansen Nail Quencher that triggered the peelies in the first place. But it's not a bad base coat and generally helps nail polish grip the nail quite well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Personally I haven't seen anything "miraculous" about my nails since I've been using this. They're just as crappy as ever. I have found though that this is a nice product for when I just want to wear clear polish and nothing else. Under nail polish it's awful; I have never had tips so bad as when I use this as a base coat. I wouldn't repurchase because IME w/ it, it doesn't do anything for my nails and obviously if you're spending money on a treatment product you want one that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Choccyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Brilliant product. I apply it every 2 days to strengthen my nails and after 2 2weeks they are no longer splitting. Remember it is a treatment not a nail polish so yes it does peel off but it does what it says!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:25:00 AM More reviews by staringatthesun

Completely disregard what I had written before: DO NOT BUY. I used it for the 10 days and it made my nails soo much worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MeggaLee425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is definitely not the miracle cure I had hoped it would be for my peeling nails. I have been using the polish for about two months and have seen absolutely no difference in my nails. The polish itself chips and peels off very easily, especially on the tips where I need it most. Applying a second coat only makes it peel easier. Hasn't cured my nails or protected them from peeling further. Nay

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by clarabella66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i used to have the strongest nails that could grow to any length, would not crack, chip, peel, split or break, I decided to try dr lewinn's (i think it's an aussie brand) nail treatment that you're supposed to use for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. i thought i was working the first time i used it, but as soon as the treatment polish wore off, my nails would break again. i just thought it was the winter that was making everything weak and used tonnes of hand moisturiser trying to see if that would help. still nothing... i was in my local priceline the other day and for some reason picked up 'miracle cure' and thought that it might be just another gimmick that wouldn't help. 2 days after applying this, i realised that it had sealed the my split nails and they had grown longer and stronger. yes it does peel off after a few days, but my nails haven't been this strong since i was in grade 6! will continue using this until i don't need it anymore! very very happy with it!