April 20, 2014 | 1646 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Miracle Cure

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by riama

I was dealing with two peeling nails for all of July and August, and it was driving me insane! Whenever I applied a base coat and a nail colour, you could be sure that the next day, those two nails would be peeling at the tips. I finally thought to try a nail treatment polish and went for this one based on the review. I really like it! I've been using it for three weeks now and for the month of September, both of my peeling nails have been controlled! I can see that they still have a bit to go before the peeling areas grow out, but at least they're not peeling any lower than they already are. I'd give it one more month until my nails are in great shape again. I gave 3/5 for packaging quality because I've been finding that tiny amounts of the blue paint used to paint the bottle have been finding their way onto the brush. But I've only encountered this twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by emmajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this for a few months and I think my peelies are getting better. I started off with nine peeling nails and after using this for a few months, I now have three that are still growing out. I don't know whether it's the Miracle Cure that's helping, or just because I stopped using Sally Hansen Nail Quencher that triggered the peelies in the first place. But it's not a bad base coat and generally helps nail polish grip the nail quite well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Personally I haven't seen anything "miraculous" about my nails since I've been using this. They're just as crappy as ever. I have found though that this is a nice product for when I just want to wear clear polish and nothing else. Under nail polish it's awful; I have never had tips so bad as when I use this as a base coat. I wouldn't repurchase because IME w/ it, it doesn't do anything for my nails and obviously if you're spending money on a treatment product you want one that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Choccyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Brilliant product. I apply it every 2 days to strengthen my nails and after 2 2weeks they are no longer splitting. Remember it is a treatment not a nail polish so yes it does peel off but it does what it says!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:25:00 AM More reviews by staringatthesun

Completely disregard what I had written before: DO NOT BUY. I used it for the 10 days and it made my nails soo much worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MeggaLee425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is definitely not the miracle cure I had hoped it would be for my peeling nails. I have been using the polish for about two months and have seen absolutely no difference in my nails. The polish itself chips and peels off very easily, especially on the tips where I need it most. Applying a second coat only makes it peel easier. Hasn't cured my nails or protected them from peeling further. Nay

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by clarabella66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i used to have the strongest nails that could grow to any length, would not crack, chip, peel, split or break, I decided to try dr lewinn's (i think it's an aussie brand) nail treatment that you're supposed to use for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. i thought i was working the first time i used it, but as soon as the treatment polish wore off, my nails would break again. i just thought it was the winter that was making everything weak and used tonnes of hand moisturiser trying to see if that would help. still nothing... i was in my local priceline the other day and for some reason picked up 'miracle cure' and thought that it might be just another gimmick that wouldn't help. 2 days after applying this, i realised that it had sealed the my split nails and they had grown longer and stronger. yes it does peel off after a few days, but my nails haven't been this strong since i was in grade 6! will continue using this until i don't need it anymore! very very happy with it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Venuschampagne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product due to the positive commenets made by the various users, but is disappointed by the results.

I had my nail extensions removed two months ago, and my nails became super brittle and soft. I have been using this since then, but it did nothing to my nails.

As previous user have mentioned rightly, the peels off soon next day or so. And definitely make my OPI color chip off fast!

Don't try!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like this polish. It takes forever to dry and is goopy/bubbly. I don't know how well it "cures" nails because I usually end up removing it not long after putting it on because it's way too messy. The one time I left it on after it finally dried, it ended up peeling off the next day. I definitely won't repurchase and might not even finish it up. The bottle is cute, though. I'm happy that it's worked well for others, but I'm sticking with my Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This definitely is a miracle cure for my poor nails. My nails tend to split & peel when I wear nail polish - this fortunately is no longer a problem now that a friend put me onto sally hansen miracle cure. My nails can have nail polish on them everyday of the week & there's no splitting or peeling in sight. This has made me feel a lot better about wearing nail polish - given me a lot more confidance about showing coloured nails in public. I can't do a manicure without this product - my nail just won't handle the nail polish chemicals without it. If this product is ever discontinued - I'm up the creek without a paddle :(