January 29, 2015 | 2004 users online

Concealers - Clinique - All About Eyes Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by elifisiklar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First pros:
- I'm very surprised how long this little bottle lasted. I put on concealer at least a few times a week every week. Yet, this lasted for almost a year. I thought the price was too expensive when I was buying it, but considering how long I used it, it's actually pretty cheap.

- I have a very pale skin and my under-eyes are always purple. It gets worse when I don't have a good night sleep. I've used concealers from L'Oreal, Max Factor, Maybelline, and Nivea. To cover the purples, Clinique worked the absolute best.

- It does moisturize and *if you put on an eye cream first*, it does not give a cakey look or emphasize the lines.

Cons:
- If you want some brightness around your eyes, this isn't enough. This only works to cover the darkness around eyes and that's all.

- You have to re-apply during the day. I put on this in the morning, don't touch my eyes in the next hours, and by the afternoon, the purples under my eyes are slowly coming back. Though, keep in mind that a concealer that stayed the same all day would probably dry your skin as it would be too heavy.

I will buy this product again, but I'm also looking for something that can give a little brightness while also covering the darkness under eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by comet1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been using Clinique advanced concealer since I was 22 years old, so for a long time. At first it worked great, but it would always cake up by the end of a long day, and look really noticeable. When I started having a terrible dryness from it (they changed the formulation) I decided to try the all about eyes concealer. This did not work for me at all. It separated and creased terribly, and after 1 month separated inside the tube, so that more then half of the time I was getting a blob of oil out on my finger rather then the pigmented concealer. This is a no go for me, it wasn't quite pigmented enough, even when it stayed together.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've had this concealer for quite some time now. To start off I've never used MAC but I think I'm around an NC37-40 depending on the season. I use 05 Medium Beige. I have read that this concealer is ONLY meant for the eyes, hence its name & that the oil in it can cause breakouts. However, I'm stubborn & used it on my face. I have actually mixed it with moisturizer & smoothed it all over my face numerous times with no problem. On the eyes I love that it has enough of a peach tone to help with my horrible dark circles. But it DOES crease unfortunately, even with very little powder. I have a lot of tiny wrinkles under my eyes & all concealers tend to age me but it is what it is. I prefer this to spot conceal blemishes before applying foundation. I won't buy this again because I've found cheaper ones that do the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by rmylon

The best concealer I have used so far. It really lasts for a long time without overemphasizing under eye wrinkles. Good packaging because you can control how much you use.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by HapaKikui

Where do I begin? It was far too light for my complexion, looked cakey under my eyes, and my dry patches of skin in the under eye area was quite magnified. In addition to that, it made me break out like crazy. I have had better experiences with drug store brands that are a fraction of the cost. Definitely not repurchasing, and I would not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's great, I use it all the time for brightening up eyes and on pimples, sometimes it may crease if not powdered down, otherwise it's awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by mzjacquiec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this since high school... and after trying different brands i came back to this one!

Definitely moisturize...it is an instant brightening up effect for me, #2 is great for my asian skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Kerri8d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best under eye concealers I have been trying, it worked good for me(but I don't have very dark circles under my eyes though) , but it could seem a little dry under your eyes, if you haven't moizsturize your skin before you use it. And as a concealer I would only use it under my eyes, not on red spot.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by florenceinitaly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this in an attempt to conceal dark circles under my eyes - does not work at all. Product is in a tube and settles over time, when I squeeze it out a bunch of clear liquid comes out before the concealer.

Upon application, the concealer goes on very heavy and hard to blend - gives a cakey appearance and it emphasizes my lines rather than conceal them. Because it's so hard to blend, I find that it makes my face very spotty looking.

I will not purchase again - definitely not worth the money there are better concealers out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. I bought the shade "light petal", which has a cool salmon undertone in it that helps a little with the redness of my eye area. Other than that, I can't find good things to say about this product. It's packaging says that it's oil free, but it has a gooey consistency that's far from being suitable for my skin. It glides on smoothly the first second you apply it, but then it adheres to the skin making it hard to blend outwards. It's not full coverage at all, it almost inmediately sets into fine lines, and OH it looks greasy. It doesn't last the first half hour by itself, you'll have to set it with powder to make it look decent. If you have great problems with your under-eye area like me, you'll have to use at least two well measured layers of this concealer and setting powder to work it off. I can't wait 'til I finish this so I can go back to the Mary Kay concealer. Sheesh! If you have minor problems with your eye skin, this is for you dear.