Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara

3.9

on 4/23/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loooove this mascara so much! It doesn't get enough hype as false lash effect and i think it's alot better, false lash effect clumps my lashes and is too wet. However masterpiece makes my lashes look SO long, i've had so many compliments when i wear this, on the other hand it doesn't volumize that much, but i normally put a coat of a volumizing mascara on too ( i like too faced lash injection) but still on its own lashes look so good and after 2-3 coats lashes don't look too clumpy. It's not that expensive either, compared to other mascaras i've tried like YSL which wasn't great. It's about £10 in the UK, so worth it, it can dry up quite alot in like 2 months but i don't mind at all because it's such a good mascara.

This mascara is definitely the best drugstore mascara I've ever tried, after using my Bobbi Brown Everything mascara for almost 9 months until it ran out I was in the dark about drugstore mascaras since I wanted to try something new, but not be out of pocket, and I blindly chose this mascara knowing Maxfactor is usually quite good - I am so glad I chose this! Great dark colour, doesn't flake/chip/smudge, price isn't dirt cheap but isn't hugely expensive either, separates but not spider leg ish, volume, cat eye look, lengthens .. what more could you want? I don't even MISS my Bobbi Brown and that was a great mascara!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is a really great mascara for the money. It lengthens lashes while not clumping too much, and has a great brush which defines individual lashes well.

I also find it it quite buildable; it won't clump unless you add 4 layers.
The packaging is sleek and elegant and offers exactly what you need in a mascara, small and practical while looking like a more expensive product.

The only problem I have with this mascara is that if you only put one layer on, it doesn't tend to last, so if you like a very natural look it is perhaps not the best idea. I didn't find it to flake though, it just sort of disappeared.

I purchased mine from an eBay shop still in the wrapping for £5 and £1 p&p, which I felt was reasonable.

All round, a good mascara for those on a budget that I would recommend.

on 2/16/2012 8:58:00 AM

My go-to mascara. I have very long eyelashes naturally, and i love this for everyday use. It doesn“t clump, and just looks natural and nice. It does lengthen - but it doesn“t really give a lot of volume. If it is volume you are looking for, then I would rather recommend the Max Factor False Lash Effect, which I use when I want a more dramatic look when i“m dressing up.

on 1/16/2012 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really good mascara, very dark separates lashes and doesn't clump and gives a nice amount of curl. I've repurchased this lots and will continue to.

on 1/1/2012 4:08:00 AM

Slightly on the pricey side.. but must say.. one of the better mascara's i'v experimented with... amazing brush.. 2 sweeps over my eye lashes and im good to go ! does not clump my lashes like so many other mascaras do and relatively easy to remove ! :)

on 12/23/2011 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It's okay. Doesn't lengthen so much or make your eyelashes thicker. But it doesn't clump.

I personally found that it didn't at all do as described. I didn't feel that they looked especially separated, or striking and didn't really like the product at all. The formula itself seemed sticky and gloopy (technical term I know). I also didn't like the packaging, it is very flimsy and the first time I dropped it whilst sitting at my dressing table the tube cracked quite badly up the side.

It was, however a very dark black which did stand out.

Check out my full review on my blog
www.briarrosebeauty.com

on 10/10/2011 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this mascara, it's very dark black, doesn't clump, holds a curl, seperates and disposes a good amount of volume. Only thing is that I wish it would elongate my lashes a little bit more and give a tiny bit more volume as I want my lashes to look fake, even for an everyday eye. I remember buying it when I was 16, and I though it was HG back then. I don't think so anymore, but it is indeed nice. The brush is very good at catching inner corner lashes and isn't too big to coat my lower lashes. The gold "print" on the packaging rubs off pretty easily, though. Overall, I would buy again.

on 9/8/2011 7:13:00 PM

It does take a little bit of practice and I have sporadically used this mascara and not liked it until the other when i tried it and stuck with it for a few weeks and now I love it!

PROS:
Separates lashes
Really black
Doesn't flake
Doesn't smudge
Can use an eyelash comb and still looks good (others can flake off stick together)
makes eyelashes look longer

CONS
takes a bit of practice to get the right technique
doesn't thicken the look of eyelashes

But all in all I do love this mascara and although I will still try other mascaras just in case there is a better one, so far it is the best i have found.

Top Rated Max Factor Products