December 20, 2014 | 1763 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this mascara for waterproofing my fiberwig mascara. Basically i build up 3 layers of fiberwig onto my lashes and then use the lash expander as top coat to make sure they become waterproof, budgeproof, flakeproof and smudgeproof. I got this for around $13 in adambeauty.

To remove this mascara, I coat my lashes with waterproof makeupremover and leave it for 5 minutes. Then i saturate a pad with waterproof m.u. remover then gently rub it on to my lashes to effectively remove every trace of mascara. It is easy to remove it most of the time because i only use it on top of a fiber mascara that easily comes of when saturated with water.

overall a good mascara if you're looking for a waterproof/budgeproof at a good price

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by tn08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My mom actually bought this on a whim while shopping in Chinatown for me and it has been my HG mascara since ! Unfortunately, this was about $45..a little overbudget for me. Does anyone know where i could purchase this mascara at a decent cost? Whether online or instore- i reside in lower mainland BC, Canada.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara, hands down. It defines and lengthens my stiff Asian lashes really well. Doesn't do much for volume--I'll probably have to layer this with another volumizing mascara to get my ideal lashes, but I love the brush head on this. It's not your standard mascara brush--rather, it's like a plastic comb that allows you to reach all your lashes. It lasts all day without flaking or smudging, and comes off easily with cleansing oil (i use boscia's). I got it for about $16, so it's not cheap, but I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by alleexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i'm confused, are this and frame plus the same? there's two seperate entries for them but it seems like there's only one product..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by maicuhp4mii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

first and formost, i ADORE the packaging. its super cutee and lacyy but its black so it maintains a sophisticated look. the wand is kind of weird but one yu start working with itt its amazing aat legnthinging and volumiing because the product gets between each spikee but the spoikes arent rlly close. The formulaa is amazing, it legnthens and separated and volumizes my lashes. I use it for the beach or for workout or even jsut school becausee it doesnt flake. shuare, its harder to take off even compared to lash blast but if you use an oil based formula and try washing it off twice then you should be fine. and remember to not rubb yur lashes or they WILLL fall off. :) other than that, YESS I RECOMMEND THIS COMPLETELY :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by forbidden_desire

I can't say how much I love this product. You can't ever mess up with this mascara because it doesn't clump at all (no spider legs!), the comb wand separates each lash, and the mascara itself goes on so smooth, it makes your lashes so much longer, especially your bottom lashes! The formula is a little shiny but it doesn't look bad.. it's not too shiny or noticeable anyway. It doesn't flake and it's essentially smudgeproof, which is great for me since I have oily skin, the oils from around my eye area normally smear any kind of eye makeup I have on by the end of the day. The only problem (that's been mentioned many times over) is that it is a bit hard to remove because it's waterproof.. but I dont really have too much of a hard time taking it off (I use Clinique's take the day off makeup remover).. so I don't spend any longer than I usually do removing my makeup at the end of the day with this mascara on. The price for this mascara isn't bad either.. I think it's a steal for what you get! It's like a high end mascara for half the price you would normally pay for one. I think I've found my HG mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by puccaandgarufan2

Overall Rating ( 1 = worst, 5 = best ) 4
Price ( 1 = dirt cheap, 5 = expensive ) 3
Packaging Quality ( 1 = worst, 5 = best ) 5
Would you buy this product again? yes

hard to remove but its ok!

love the packaging
waterproof, flake proof & smudge proof!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I opened the mascara and used it yesterday for the first time. The texture is quite dry, not wet/ gooey like other mascaras so I do like it. Its got those fibers stuff on it, but not too much though, just a small bit, which suits me fine because those with heavy fibers, like Dejavu Fiberwig tends to clump on me, and weighs down my lashes. The brush is comb applicator type, with half side of the comb in the normal comb shape you see as most mascaras with comb applicator carry, and the other half in a semi circle comb with shorter bristles facing out. There is some kind of instruction at the back of the package that teaches how the mascara should be applied, but its in Japanese which I can't read, so I just use it my own way.

Application: The semi circle part of the comb applicator is harder to maneuver as it can't seem to get the lashes all at once in a single stoke, I have to repeat at different angels to get all the lashes.

Effect: It seems to hold a curl pretty well, which is essential for me. It is not easy for me to find mascaras that hold a curl well as I have stubborn lashes so I do recommand this mascara for people whose lashes have trouble holding a curl. My lashes were also lengthened. However, this mascara does not volumise lashes, which doesn't bother me since I am more into strong curl holding power and lengthening.

Removal: It is harder to remove than the other mascaras I have used, I need more eye makeup removal than usual, but that's not a big issue with me.

Overall: I like this mascara and might re-purchase if I see it on promotion. Otherwise, I would go back to SANA mascara as I find the wand more applicator friendly.

Update: Having used this mascara for several weeks now, I can say it definitely holds a curl better than ones that I did like and thought performed pretty well too (like Bourjois's Yes to voulume, no to clumps, and SANA). However, I hate how its pretty messy to apply. No matter how careful I am, somehow someway, it seems to get onto my eyelids on certain days. That's really the only complain I have though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by samanthacm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent mascara on my short, fine lashes. Lengthens, thickens without clumping, no leaking or streaking, and easy to remove with baby oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by judithwong

I usually use lancome, but this is way better! for half the price too! I find it has a more liquid-lighter consistency when compared to typical mascaras so my lashes stay curled. it has never smudged. easy to remove.