January 29, 2015 | 1062 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Makeupmafia90

I love the Bobbi Brown Gel liner in Black Ink! It's the darkest black gel liner I've bought so far! Darker than Macs Fluid Line Gel liner. I have had no smudging or raccoon eyes so far. I'm wondering if the people suffering from raccoon eyes are Tightlining with this product? I've used on my water line as well it doesn't last ALL day but close enough. Pretty expensive I think so hopefully it lasts!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I have tried this several times and it ALWAYS ends up transferring to under my eyes and give me an extra dark shadow. I went to BB looking for a darker long wear cream e/s because I have been using Beach Bronze all summer as a liner with no issues at all. When I told the sales rep about this she pushed me towards the gel liner again. I told her my issues, she looked stunned and confused like I just told her Santa Claus wasn't real. Then she kept telling me how the same technology that is in the long wear cream e/s is in the gel, so once again, I buy it thinking maybe I just wasn't applying it right or it was my old makeup look that was the problem. Well, around 3pm I look in the mirror and I am unwillingly sporting the heroine chic look of the 90's! Not happy. I know this time it wasn't my other makeup because I have been wearing everything else the same all summer with no issues. I am also writing this review so that now matter how much in the future BB reps protest...I know in my heart this will transfer on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by vicomite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner was so terrible for me. Had extremely high hopes because of the price tag which was 35AUD and am sorely disappointed. The liner always transfers onto under my eyes within the HOUR. Whatever I do, setting sticky concealer, putting translucent powder, putting black eyeshadow on it to set it and priming my lids have proved futile. The eyeliner also went hard after a few months even though I had always closed the lid tightly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I love this eyeliner. It's creamy, it glides on smoothly, it's opaque, and it never smudges. I use a Sonia Kashuk liner brush and it gives me a perfect application every time. There's really no cons about this product except the pot can dry out over time ( as with any other gel liner). I've had mine since February and it's still holding up decently. However, I won't repurchase. While it's good for what it is, it's nothing to drop another 20-something dollar on. I find the Wet n Wild gel liner does the same thing for about $20 less.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by jewelmeow

before i came across this product, nothing - and i mean NOTHING at all apart from using eye shadow as liner wouldnt smudge on me. i never lined my waterline because i am bound to get panda eyes. i've tried drugstore to high end pencil liners, gel liners including mac and urban decay 24/7 - with no success. i was doomed, until someone told me to try bobbi brown gel liner. i was very skeptical at first since not even24/7 pencil liner works on me, and i envy ppl so much that they could line their waterline and let their eye shadows pop without the liner taking too much attention. i hv now found my HG gel liner - this did not smudge on me at all not evenwhen put on the waterline!!! im so happy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by baobei77

My favorite high end gel liner. It's creamy, for me it does smudge a bit, but once I set it with a black eye shadow, it stays on all day. Although, it is a bit pricey, it`s definitely worth trying and it is worth the money. I've gone through 2 jars of this gel liner, and I just cannot bring myself to try another kind.

I would recommend this for all the gel liner lovers :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jamface17

This is my favourite gel liner. The texture is creamy enough so it doesn't drag along my eye but the creaminess doesn't mean it smudges like crazy. I've had mine for about a year and a half and it hasn't dried out at all. I heard somewhere that you're supposed to keep these kind of products upside down to prevent them from drying out so who knows if that's helping too!

My eye shape is such that my eyelids fold over which then covers the majority of any liner applied. This can be annoying cos I get really oily lids and hence eye products smudge and crease really badly on me. However I find that if I do a nice, thin winged out liner I get minimal smudging and creasing. If I've been wearing this for pretty much the whole day, it's only towards the end that it starts to smudge on the outer corner and underneath my eye. This is very good considering how oily my lids get.

To apply the gel liner, I use the small eyeliner brush that comes with Maybelline's gel liner and it works really well. I need a small tip brush to apply gel liners otherwise I can't do it properly! However, I did buy MAC's 163 brush and though I'm still getting the hang of using an angled brush, I think in general, this gel liner would be very easy to work with regardless of what kind of liner brush is used.

I also have a small gap in my eyebrow where hair just doesn't grow. This liner is pretty black so I just take most of the product off the brush to lightly fill in the gap. I have black eyebrow hairs so this would obviously not working for everyone. But for anyone who has black eyebrows with a few random gaps to fill, this works great but just remember to use the product very lightly to give off a more grey-black colour.

I purchased Bobbi Brown's liner in Hong Kong so I can't remember how much I paid for it. However if you were to buy it here in Australia, it would cost $35 which isn't too bad considering how expensive some cosmetics can be.

I haven't even thought about repurchasing this since it's lasted me such a long time. I don't wear eye makeup very often and after one and half years, have only made a small dent in the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had this for a long time but I never used it because I preferred a softer black. But I found when I wore dramatic eye shadows, the softer black didn't really stand out a lot, so I wanted something darker and more dramatic. I discovered this sitting around and tried it out. Although I like BB gel eyeliners (and I think maybe they were the first, or one of the first, to put these out on the market) I prefer MAC Fluidlines. Fluidlines are creamier and easier to apply, and both wear like iron and are water-proof and smudge-proof. I find that BB, however, tends to flakes off. And also flakes of it fall into the eyes and irritate them. I've since discovered Essence black gel eyeliner and use it instead of the BB one. It's actually better, it doesn't flake off. But still kudos to Bobbi Brown for introducing these to the world.

By the way, for those of you who have problems removing this with makeup remover, use OIL instead! I always use oil (sweet almond, coconut, even baby oil will work), just rub it all around your eyes wherever you have makeup, let sit for a couple of seconds and wipe off with a dry or damp wipe/cotton pad/tissue. It will just MELT OFF like a dream!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by cbk821

My favorite eyeliner for daytime. Applies on smooth with the matching Bobbi brown eyeliner brush. Kind of melts in with my eyelid, which makes it look much more natural and graceful for the daytime. Also, it really stays on for a long time, all day. Doesn't smudge or grease off, I love this eyeliner. Also blends in really naturally with eyeshadows. I also recommend the other colors for their long lasting gel eyeliners. Natural looking is the best way I can describe this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

Honestly cannot see why this is a HG for so many people. I've been using this for a few months now. While I like the effect this eyeliner gives, the effect only lasts for the first two hours I'm out. After that, the eyeliner somehow transfers from my upper eyelid to my lower eyelid (I did not apply any on my lower eyelid at all) and leaves me with panda eyes.

With a good eye primer (I'm using Etude House Proof 10 eye primer), this lasts longer and transfers less. But before I started using eye primer and just used normal primer for my eyelids, I would sometimes go home at the end of the day with barely any eyeliner left on my lids and a whole panda circle under my eyes. And the worst part is, despite cleaning my face thoroughly with make up remover, the next day I wake up to find another smudged black line on my undereye. Feels really bad for my tender under eye area to keep cleaning it with make up remover but its the only way to get the black stuff off!!

Given the price of this eyeliner, I expected much more from it. I'm going to look out for Japanese or Korean brands instead.