NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella

4.3

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 10/6/2014 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I love love love this lip pencil. The colour is amazing and long-lasting and it saves so much time for application. It is a bit pricey so if you are looking for a low-cost drugstore alternative, try the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm pencil.

on 4/16/2014 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nooo! This is not like MAC's Ruby Woo! It is darker...it's like Viva Gam I! It is a dark red matte lip pencil that is very wearable for all skin types. If you love red lipstick you need this color! It's beautiful! You definitely need to prep your lips (as I do with all matte lipsticks) use a lip scrub, and a good lip balm. I will repurchase!

on 4/6/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My new favorite: I have perhaps a NARS lip color problem, and Cruella has turned into the most reached for color in the last month. It has a fantastic depth and richness that is unmatched by the other colors (I still love Terre de Feu, Red Square, and Mysterious Red), and it's the color that makes me feel done. If you're looking for one brilliant NARS red, right now I'd say this is the one.

on 4/6/2014 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was in the mood to expand my Nars collection so I decided to get Nars Cruella. I am a NC 45 (Black Opal Truely Topaz), but a NC 50 (Black Opal Hazelnut) in the Summer. I'm not gonna lie, if you wear this lipstick, prepare to be noticed! Like woah! I love how this red lipstick really excuates my kissing-thick lips because it is an amazingly perfect shade of red. And it brightens everything! My eyes, my skin, my teeth, everything! And it makes me feel like a sexy, confidant, woman. I can see why this is a staple for many black women. You can wear it no matter the season or weather and it'll still look great.

By the way, it's close to Mac's Ruby Woo, but the texture is so much better. It also has a lot of staying power, clunging to your lips like a toddler does her mother's skirt. If you're thinking about getting it...get it.

on 12/29/2013 8:13:00 PM

Honestly, I am very much into red, burgandy ect and this was the BEST lip pencil I have ever used. I pair it up with MAC's lip liner in Kiss Me Quick and it lasts a good 5 hours. You do need your lips to be in good shape but other than that, the matte finish is to DIE for and it tastes like cherries! The colour is deep and very pigmented. I'm in love with this product and would definitely buy again. The packaging is alright, the only downside is that you have to sharpen it..If you look past that, it is a quality product.

on 12/29/2013 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Absolutely fantastic lip pencil! The colour is a neutral, darker red colour and the formula of these are amazing. Very creamy, lasts forever but they are also super matte and do not make my lips dry at all. One annoying thing about this pencil (and I assume all of the other lip pencils by NARS) is that the cap has a tendency to trap air and therefore be pushed off by the pressure and so the cap has fallen off and made an absolute mess of my purse more than once.... Really beautiful colour and formulation but I hope they fix the packaging but for now, best not to take it on the go!

on 12/10/2013 4:36:00 AM

Love love love cruella. Deep true red - absoloutely sexy! Easy to apply, minimal feathering and minimal transfer. Could be more moisturising but hey, its a matte lipstick. Would totally buy again.xoxo

on 11/29/2013 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love it! Deep build-able matte red that doesn't dry my lips out and lasts forever.

on 10/31/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've had Cruella for a long time but rediscovered it today. I received so many compliments on this lip color. I forgot how much I love it. I'd say Cruella is a perfect neutral red on me. The matte finish along with the beautiful rich color, it's stunning. Without looking overdone/garish. I have a lot of reds but if I had to go down to one I'd be okay with only Cruella.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NARS Cruella - where the frick have you been all my life?!

I wasn't really a lipstick girl. I was more into black eyeliner and foundation, and that was it. I liked the look of red lips but I wasn't sure then that I had the right attitude for it, yet I had a very brief stint with trying to find the perfect red for me without looking like I ate some bloody animal carcass. And so I forgot all about red lipstick and slowly added more cosmetics to my daily makeup.

Then at 21, I got fixated again on red lipstick. And I found NARS Cruella. Or rather, Cruella found me, and I was a goner.

I do color outside the lip line when I use NARS velvet matte pencils, and just shape it when I'm finished using YSL Touche Eclat. I thought it might look a bit much for daytime, but when I thought, "Who cares? I'm going to rock it." I knew that I was ready to take on red lipstick.

Oh, NARS Cruella you life-changer you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials