July 31, 2014 | 1299 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jen314

I don't think I have ever received this many compliments in one day before. I wore this at work (retail) and so many customers complimented me on my lips! The colour looked absolutely amazing on my NC20 skin. Some of my coworkers said I reminded them of a geisha.

This lip pencil is very creamy, pigmented, and easy to apply. I applied it straight from the stick and then used my lip pencil to smooth the edges. Then I put a bit of lip balm on top and it looked and felt awesome! The only thing that would make this product perfect is if it came in a twist-up form; I really hate sharpening pencils since there can be a lot of waste and mess.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by bruisepristine

HOLY EFF.

The only reason I can't rate this lip pencil perfect is because of the price. $35 in Canada after taxes...yikes.

Other than that - SO impressed. Glides on effortlessly, the colour is SUPER pigmented, and the finish, like the name, is like velvet.

I adore it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by popalinaluna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

OK so this is the most gorgeous red I've ever used ! It looks like velvet on. I haven't tried to sharpen it yet, but if that works out well I'll be in love forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Cruella on my skin tone (Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab, NC35, Chanel Beige, Diorskin Nude 031 Sand) looks VERY bordeaux wine red, almost vampish on me. For a true red, I go with Dragon Girl, For a bright happy fun orange red I go with Red Square. Whilst I like Cruella, I can't see this as being my go-to red. It's kinda cool to wear for fall with hardly any makeup. It doesn't bleed, which I love. It applies so creamy and stays on forever. It might look good if I went as a vampire for Halloween.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Prettynotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of my two 'finalists' last week when swatching lipsticks at sephora (the other one is 'Maneater' by Illamasqua). Went back today and bought it and I must say, between these two amazing reds, I am done searching for my perfect red! This lip pencil goes on matte, like the Illamasqua one, which I love. And it offers the deeper red that I can't get with 'Maneater', which on me shows up brighter, on the orange side a bit. Will definitely be buying Cruella lipstick again whenever I run out of this one! If you're looking for the blood red matte lipstick, this is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by missashleexoxo

great product, simple application, great longetivity, can be a bit drying, make sure you apply a hydrating balm prior to application. good deep blue-based red.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh. My. God. I cannot properly explain my love for this lip pencil. I have just recently decided to take the plunge into the world of red lips, and now that I have I cannot get enough! This is a beautiful red color and I will never be able to live without it again! The pencil form makes it so so so easy on both initial application and reapplication. I use a red lip liner when I first apply, but as another reviewer said, since it's a pencil the reapplicaiton is almost too easy! Great velvety formula. I also agree that the packaging can leave some to desire. This is my third NARS lip pencil, and I always have to keep them seperate from the other things I am carrying in my purse so that the cap does not accidentally come off and poo all over my other things. lol

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by carina_c

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like that the cap could potentially slip off in my bag (which is why I keep it in the box). Since it's a pencil, I find it easy to apply, especially to the bow (top?) of my lips because they're kind of sharp/pointy (did that make sense?). Love the color, I just wore it a few times and have to see how it weathers eating, etc. Looks good on a variety of skin tones. I hate sharpening pencils though, so I guess there are pro's and con's to this shape. If this wasn't so expensive, I would buy it more often.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Mimikat46

This is my go-to HG red lipstick!

This is the perfect Red for a pin-up look or when you want a classic red lip. This is an orange based red, so it works well with my NC25 skin! Not too dark, or too bright, this is the PERFECT matte red lip!

This is a great lipstick to add to your red lippie collection, or the perfect starter if you're testing the waters in the sea of red lipsticks..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by vanillachica

I love the texture of this lip pencil because it doesn't dry out my lips. I also love that, unlike many reds, it doesn't turn hot pink on me. I found that in pictures it has a slight orange tinge to it, making it more of a warm red than a true red. Not quite the red I was looking for - need something deeper and more of a blood red. The search continues...