July 28, 2014 | 1027 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jean9weg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am sensitive to fragrance, and this product is highly fragranced. It actually made my skin burn and itch. Back it went.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this powder for several years now and until recently was very happy with it. Now that a few lines are starting to show on my face I am finding that after a few hours the powder settles into the lines. Looks like the hunt is on for a new powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Powder is absolutely amazing. I'm really impressed! I have it in deep & I love that it offers some coverage. I love that it's a loose powder, but I dislike the sifter inside with the holes in it, because you have to kind of shake the container to get product out & that's annoying because it gets all over the place. This powder is lightweight & it doesn't get caked on your face. My only real con is that I don't believe it's actually luminous & it is a little expensive for a non-luxury powder. L'Oreal isn't a high-end brand, so why the high-end price?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

I purchased this product in the translucent shade to mix into my smashbox halo that's too dark for me.
    I was looking for something slightly luminous. Halo promised to deliver that and hasn't.
    I really really like Translucide. It offers an appropriate amount of luminocity (I really hope that's a word...)- it isn't glittery or shimmery like most cheap luminous powders. I don't look shiny when I use this, but my skin just glows. I have received multiple compliments since I began using it.
    It is very finely milled and feels like a much more expensive product. Usually I'm not that thrilled by LÓreal in the least- but I'm definitely glad that I gave this a try.
    The only downside for me is that it doesn't do a great job of oil control. I have normal skin, but my forehead gets oily because I have heavy bangs. So really- that's not the product's fault, it's probably just me.
    I can't vouch for the tinted versions of this because I got translucent- but I'm smitten with this powder.
    I've heard that it is very difficult to find these days, so I hope they haven't discontinued it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vial smell, I can't stand the smell. esp. b/c i use makeup that are frangrance-free! this is going to take getting use to, it smells like an old lady!!!! Ugh, I'm thinking of just returning this b/c of the awful stench.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by lalamb78

I have been using this as a setting powder for 4 years now. I have this in the translucent color and it is nice. Not chalky. I have strayed to try other brands but I keep coming back to this because I like the finish. I also like the fact that it keeps me matte longer compared to other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by shamimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this translucide powder for a while now. A little goes along way. It is not cakey and blends in with your makeup very nicely. If you are looking for a powder to set your liquid foundation, I would recommend this product. My only complaint was the puff that came with it wasn't the best, however since I use a face brush to put this on it really wasn't that big of a deal. I ended up throwing the puff out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lailay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS

This is one of the few things that never breaks me out, so that could be enough reason to love it. However, it also looks great on. I have it in translucent, and it is somewhere between matte and not shimmery but it makes your skin look natural, not super matte but not a disco ball either. The only downside is using it under my eyes for concealer because it ends up looking wrinkly( I use benefits powderflage for that purpose). Will definitely repurchase, that is, if it ever finishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by shovelingferret

I bought this because I was running low on BE Mineral Veil and wanted to see if a less-expensive powder would work in its place.
    I also needed to avoid bismuth oxychloride as I think I'm sensitive to it.

The powder works well for setting/finishing with a nice appearance - not too dry or too shiny.
    The smell though - I cannot deal with the fragrance. I tried for over a month, hoping I would eventually just get used to it but that's not happening. I'm sensitive to some fragrances and they can be a migraine trigger for me. Unfortunately, this falls into that category.
    For those less sensitive, it may be a viable option. Those who have fragrance sensitivities, use with caution.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

This is above average, handy and does its job, but not top-notch stuff.
    Like so many powders out there, the finish is wonderfully natural. Caking & emphasis on dry skin is minimal. It doesn't change the colour of your foundation - doesn't lighten it or anything.

But in about an hour, I'm already oily and the powder starts to feel rubbery like clay. I have to reapply quite frequently. It would have been nicer if the texture was smooth, and not rubbery but I'm not too fussed.
    It also makes my nose very uncomfortable (the scent!) and I literally need to hold my breath when I apply it because I'm allergic to the fragrance. Some of you may not be allergic to anything, but what I really am trying to say is that it is a very strongly scented powder.

Although I am more pleased than disappointed with this, I would not repurchase because it does not last long (oil-control problem). However, the beautifully natural finish should not be overlooked.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No