L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

4.1

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 9/7/2011 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am sensitive to fragrance, and this product is highly fragranced. It actually made my skin burn and itch. Back it went.

on 6/21/2011 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this powder for several years now and until recently was very happy with it. Now that a few lines are starting to show on my face I am finding that after a few hours the powder settles into the lines. Looks like the hunt is on for a new powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Powder is my favorite powder right now. I wear shade Deep & I love how it matches my skin tone. I know everybody's going to be like 'what?' but I actually wanted it because it's shimmery I like body glitter & sparkly makeup. I have oily skin, so I mostly wear this alone. Like I said, shade Deep matches & I notice the redness in my face doesn't look so bad. This powder is lightweight & doesn't look caked on like a lot of other powders do if you have oily skin due to oxidation. After I prime my face, I apply with a simply kabuki brush to cut the shine on my face. As much as I like this, I don't think I'd buy another one because it's too expensive to be a drugstore/non-luxury product.

on 4/24/2011 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this product in the translucent shade to mix into my smashbox halo that's too dark for me.
I was looking for something slightly luminous. Halo promised to deliver that and hasn't.
I really really like Translucide. It offers an appropriate amount of luminocity (I really hope that's a word...)- it isn't glittery or shimmery like most cheap luminous powders. I don't look shiny when I use this, but my skin just glows. I have received multiple compliments since I began using it.
It is very finely milled and feels like a much more expensive product. Usually I'm not that thrilled by Lreal in the least- but I'm definitely glad that I gave this a try.
The only downside for me is that it doesn't do a great job of oil control. I have normal skin, but my forehead gets oily because I have heavy bangs. So really- that's not the product's fault, it's probably just me.
I can't vouch for the tinted versions of this because I got translucent- but I'm smitten with this powder.
I've heard that it is very difficult to find these days, so I hope they haven't discontinued it!!

on 3/26/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Vial smell, I can't stand the smell. esp. b/c i use makeup that are frangrance-free! this is going to take getting use to, it smells like an old lady!!!! Ugh, I'm thinking of just returning this b/c of the awful stench.

on 1/4/2011 4:34:00 PM

I have been using this as a setting powder for 4 years now. I have this in the translucent color and it is nice. Not chalky. I have strayed to try other brands but I keep coming back to this because I like the finish. I also like the fact that it keeps me matte longer compared to other brands.

on 12/5/2010 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this translucide powder for a while now. A little goes along way. It is not cakey and blends in with your makeup very nicely. If you are looking for a powder to set your liquid foundation, I would recommend this product. My only complaint was the puff that came with it wasn't the best, however since I use a face brush to put this on it really wasn't that big of a deal. I ended up throwing the puff out.

on 12/4/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS

This is one of the few things that never breaks me out, so that could be enough reason to love it. However, it also looks great on. I have it in translucent, and it is somewhere between matte and not shimmery but it makes your skin look natural, not super matte but not a disco ball either. The only downside is using it under my eyes for concealer because it ends up looking wrinkly( I use benefits powderflage for that purpose). Will definitely repurchase, that is, if it ever finishes.

I bought this because I was running low on BE Mineral Veil and wanted to see if a less-expensive powder would work in its place.
I also needed to avoid bismuth oxychloride as I think I'm sensitive to it.

The powder works well for setting/finishing with a nice appearance - not too dry or too shiny.
The smell though - I cannot deal with the fragrance. I tried for over a month, hoping I would eventually just get used to it but that's not happening. I'm sensitive to some fragrances and they can be a migraine trigger for me. Unfortunately, this falls into that category.
For those less sensitive, it may be a viable option. Those who have fragrance sensitivities, use with caution.

on 11/2/2010 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is above average, handy and does its job, but not top-notch stuff.
Like so many powders out there, the finish is wonderfully natural. Caking & emphasis on dry skin is minimal. It doesn't change the colour of your foundation - doesn't lighten it or anything.

But in about an hour, I'm already oily and the powder starts to feel rubbery like clay. I have to reapply quite frequently. It would have been nicer if the texture was smooth, and not rubbery but I'm not too fussed.
It also makes my nose very uncomfortable (the scent!) and I literally need to hold my breath when I apply it because I'm allergic to the fragrance. Some of you may not be allergic to anything, but what I really am trying to say is that it is a very strongly scented powder.

Although I am more pleased than disappointed with this, I would not repurchase because it does not last long (oil-control problem). However, the beautifully natural finish should not be overlooked.

Recommended for Normal Skin