September 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Lip Gloss - Neutrogena - MoistureShine Lip Soother Cooling Hydragel SPF20

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by missriss2012

I used to always carry one of these in my purse in high school. It is just a sheer gloss that left my lips moisturized. They smell great too! I would definitely buy a couple more of these.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Jenn09

I have had every one of these lipglosses but honestly I have no idea why, I did not care to much for these. The smell was kind of funky and it was very sticky and the taste bothered me really bad. I think I bought them because I thought that I would like the different flavors but I was wrong. I gave them to my younger cousin who loves lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by oliviagoogle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, a lot of people don't like this? I'm really surprised. This is my favorite lip gloss! I like its lighter shades. It goes on clear and isn't too dark. It feels kind of sticky but it stays on for a really long time. It has SPF 20 which is my favorite part. Not very many lip glosses do. Plus, it just looks really good. Shiny, and smooth.
The only reason i'm not giving it five stars is because it is sticky and it tastes kind of gross.. Other then that I LOVE IT.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

its way overpriced for what it is -- a cooling lipgloss that offers SPF protection. the color payoff was minimal (i had it in sheen), but worst of all, it made me break out right along my lip line every time i used it! i dont know whats in it that my skin reacts so badly to, but theres nothing else ive changed in my skin routine, so this has to be the culprit. i will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Mimosa07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised some people don't like this. This has really worked well for me. I have it in Glisten, which is a peachy color w/no shimmer. It goes on very sheer, it practically like have clear lip gloss on. And it has a peachy smell that I LOVE too. It moisterized pretty well, though I'm always on the lookout for the ULTIMATE lip product/treatment that will help w/my winter lips since I have full lips, I'm always have peely/dry if I'm not careful. OK product, I probably like it b/c of the smell though. But medium staying power and moisterizes like most thicker glosses. Probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Cynthia7789

I bought this in Sheen which is a glossy red in the tube. I loved the smell and zero shimmer, and rubbed a tiny bit on the back of my hand to check consistency/color. It was a bit sticky, but I figured I could deal because it was nice and thick, smooth, and not at all as red as it looks in the tube (which is what I was hoping for). My lips tend to get pretty dry, and because I only wear mascara, a little eyeliner and contour under my cheekbone for day, I usually put chapstick followed by a translucent red gloss just to have some color on my face. Well I decided I needed to find just one product to keep my lips hydrated and also provide that bit of red. Wrong choice. Great idea, Neutrogena almost pulled it off. Yet when I put it on my lips, this balm went from a clear red to an almost brownish orange color? Which makes no sense to me because naturally the tint of my lips is red. It was also more sticky than I expected. I may use it over a red stain, but defeats the purpose of me buying it in the first place.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

I'm a bit disappointed with this product. I bought this in Sheen, a nice medium toned red, hoping this gloss would give me a sheer red tint with shine. The color in this is so sheer it just looks like I have clear gloss on. Boo. I could have gotten the clear gloss look from Bonnie Bell for way cheaper than this. Lasting power is good because I find this gloss to be pretty thick.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by nzf

This is a pretty awful lip gloss. I expected better with Neutrogena. At first I thought...nice flavor, smooth texture, also has SPF! But somehow, either the consistency started to change, or my lips just had a really bad reaction to it. After using it exclusively for about a week my lips began to crust up and flake and peel something awful. It didn't hurt, but it was just really ugly and the more I used this gloss the more they crusted up, and the gloss would just cake underneath the flakes and then wear off after about three minutes. I think, like some people also mentioned, the sunscreen must have separated from the rest of the formula or something because instead of thicker gloss coming out of the tube, only some oily film would come out and crust up my lips again for three minutes. There's obviously no way to mix it, either.

The color isn't noticeable, but I have ugly pigmented lips, so nothing shows up on them anyway. Anyways, after switching to Clinique's Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss, my cracked lips have repaired (within the first two applications) and they are smooth as ever! I highly recommend that instead. Considering how much more you get it's probably about the same price, except it's a better product along similar gloss-balm lines. Just no SPF. I gave this one to my little sisters.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by cre8tiv390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Glaze, the darkest, reddest color I found. It's very sheer; this color on my lips was equivalent to that of a Cherry Chapstick--the subtlest enhancing of your natural pink. I actually like that for days when I leave the house with no other makeup. It also provides a lot of wet-look shine.

I love the tingly feeling, the berry smell, and the slightly sweet flavor. I also love the sun protection it provides. The product comes in a lip gloss-like squeeze tube. The consistency is like regular lip gloss, between a gel and a liquid. I don't find it runny, but then again mine hasn't been exposed to direct sunlight or really hot days.

It feels slightly sticky if you press your lips together and pop them apart quickly, but runs smooth if you slowly rub your lips against each other. If hair sweeps in your face, it will stick.

Overall, I guess it's up to you whether you want to spend a buck for Cherry Chapstick or 6 more for much more shine and higher SPF but more stickiness.

*Edit*
Knocking off 2 stars. I kept this in my purse for ONE hot day--apparently that's all it took, because now it is permanently runny. It also now absorbs into my lips instead of sitting on top, and it doesn't look glossy anymore. Yeesh.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by mjj

sorry to ruin this products great reputation, but i have to say i HATE this lipgloss.
its very liquidy so it tends to run down the ends of your lips.
i dont even find this product to be moisturizing AT ALL
and all the colours are basically the same, just slightly different.
complete waste of money