September 30, 2014 | 1881 users online

Blush - New York Color - Color Wheel Mosaic Powder Pink Cheek Glow

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Gnouvennew

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing color. It's like a really pretty pink barbie color. It defiantly pops out on my pale skin unlike some other blushes I've tried. I love how the it's so good for so cheap too. It's amazing I'm totally gonna get it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

Within this powder, there are a mosaic of nude-pink, deep rose, tan, and coral-pink shades of color all interwoven together. They do contain slight shimmers in them. And, when they are swirled all together (my brush of choice is a stippling brush), they give off a light, very peachy-pink glow to my cheeks.

This blush is very affordabe (costs less than $5). Whenever I see this product in-stock (at any of my local Wal-Mart stores), I do stock up on it. It is one of the best cheaper end blushes that is available in the drugstores today.

The packaging that it comes in certainly isn't the best. Which is why, you definitely have to be very careful with the handling of it. This is simply a minor con and will certainly never keep me from continuing to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to blush. I have tried so many different blushes, but I haven't found one that at looks as natural as this. It goes on beautifully, a subtle pink that isn't too bright or shimmery. My mom actually picked this up for me, and I wasn't super excited to try it but I guess she really knows best!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This is a nice pale pink when mixed together.It can be a bit powdery but given the quality I can deal with that.It goes on easily and they look so natural on.
The difference between this and kaleidoscope that the second one is a medium pink where as the first is just a light pink.
Foe the price I certainly think that it is worth a try

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by GlowingCandlelight

I had one of these last year and I loved it so much! It was so smooth and silky, and really added a nice glow to my cheeks. However, it shatters pretty easily. I dropped it, and each mosaic piece separated from each other, and it became loose powder, not that I minded.
I think my mom thought it was ruined so she threw it away, because I can't find it anymore. I got kind of pissed off about it, but haven't confronted her yet. :D
Buy this, and you'll love it forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW! another great product from NYC Color Cosmetics! I have always been a fan of NYC even though some say its a crappy brand but I have a few of their products & always enjoyed most of them and the Mosaic Color Wheels are for real one of my favorite makeup products- theyre gorgeous!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Mosaic Powder wheels can be found wherever your NYC Cosmetics can be found. They generally are available in most drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens as well as Walmart & Target. Availability will vary as well as price depending on location & also sales/discounts but generally cost around $3-4 which is def affordable esp since theres a lot of product that is great too!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The Mosaic Color Wheels are an unique "wheel" with mosaic patterns of coordinating powders. They can be worn as blushes/bronzer/powder- can concentrate on certain color areas of swirled all together for a main color. The pattern allows that. I love using them either way. Pink Cheek Glow makes an AMAZING blush color- it has mosaic pieces of bright bubble gum pink, a darker fuschia pink, and a light pale champagne/beige tones. They are all matte so you will get a matte finish. you can concentrate your brush on certain pieces or swirl all togehter to make the prettiest youthful matte pink. Its dimensional so even though its matte, it wont look flat. This is one of my most used blushes out of my extensive collection, i have very pale cool toned skin & this gives me a youthful flush like i giggled for hours. Its gorgeous & i always get compliments when i put Pink cheek glow on! Its not extremely bright that it can be worn daily w/ most looks but my fav way to wear it is w/ warmer eye looks or even on barely there eye makeup looks making cheeks center of attention. The Wheels are finely milled, soft w/ no filler- butter soft!! its easy for matte blushes to be chalky but NOPE not here. Its so soft, packed nicely so any brush used will pick up blush easy & this applies so nice & easy on the cheeks. it doesnt glob or stick anywhere & blends to a gorgeous look- natural. i luv to pair this w/ my Blushable Creme Stick in St Street Seashell (brighter light pink) & it helps this blush stay on for hrs & hrs. if not paired w/ cream blush- on my normal/dry skin, this will wear around 7-8 hrs w/ little fading. which is great wear!!! if you want longer staying power- maybe use a cream blush underneath & top w/ powder blush. what can i say its my fav!
=PACKAGING=
The Mosaic Powder Wheels come in a hard plastic circular compact w/ a slid on lid. The lid is see thru w/ metallic nyc logo/product name writing. The lid just slides shut (no twisting or tugging) its kinda suctions on. Fits snug to ensure it wont come off. The bottom contains a huge enormous pan of blush that runs rather deep so i thinks its an incredible amount of powder/blush so it will take an eternity to get through. The very bottom contains sticker w/labeling info/shade name/ingredients etc. its a nice compact that will surely hold up through traveling even though i see rough handling may end up cracking lid. I dont travel much w/ makeup but i did bring this on a cruise & it held up fine. I love how much product you get so packaging isnt too bad, simple & does its job.
Overall, this is seriously a beautiful blush that i think anyone can wear. Its a nice slightly bubblegum pink that i absolutely adore! i love this in summer but def great for a perk me up in the colder months. Great soft blush thats matte that affordable & cruelty free! ya! Def will repurchase when i ever get through this!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Musoukakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG blush no matter how crazy it sounds. Years and years ago I got this makeup pack of cheap makeup and only ever liked one thing, a blush color and when I ran out...well needless to say I was upset. But I found this blush and it was almost the exact same color. I love this blush more than my original and the only downfall is well it fades which I use to my advantage. I always apply it nicely but dark and it stays like that for the morning and then I got this nice natural blush throughout the rest of the day. Which I really like and after it gets to that natural blush color it stays put. I suppose if you didn't like how it faded you could always put a light bit of cream blush/eyeshadow under it to keep it in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by coffeeholic17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product in general. Does not apply patchy and is not chalky like I expected it to. Like others said, you can build up the pigmentation but I don't need much since I'm pretty pale. This is now a staple of my makeup routine. I'm not complaining about the packaging since I don't retouch my blush, but I don't recommend this if you're going to travel.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by justinamay

Ok well lets just rip the bandaid off ok? I HATE THIS PRODUCT. its like a SUPERRRRRRRRRR bright pink and even if you use the littlest amount you can it looks like a clowns makeup sorry nyc EW.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ispiratabyblue

What a beautiful color!! It's just a great basic pink, not too bright, not too muted, which I think is hard to find in blushes and lip colors for some reason! I think this would look good on pretty much anyone with a fair to medium skintone, whether you're cool or warm toned, because it's just a great all around pink. It's not too peachy and it's not too purply. It has great pigmentation, not so good packaging (but who cares?? it could feel even cheaper, to be honest, compared to some products ive used). You don't need much either and it stays on pretty well. Definitely will repurchase :)

What I do is swirl my brush to get all the colors and lightly stipple it onto my apples and then on my cheekbones, and then blend it lightly with the Elf face kabuki from the studio line. It's an amazing everyday color and just gives my skin that extra rosiness! If you prefer yourself in cool colors, get this. Now.

NOTE: If you have a very deep skintone, I wouldn't recommend this because it might look a little chalky.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No