Mary Kay Facial Highlighter Pen

3.7

WATER, ETHYL MACADAMIATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PTFE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, POLYSILICONE-7, CETYL DIMETHICONE, SILICA, HEXYL LAURATE, BARIUM SULFATE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, MALIC ACID, GLYCERIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, IRON OXIDES, TALC, ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, LAUROYL LYSINE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL

on 3/13/2008 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this product because it really brightens up my eyes. I chose the lightest shade which is a shade lighter than my complexion. It has a slight pink tone but I think this helps with the "brightening" effect. I apply this product OVER my foundation and powder. I use it under my brow area and extend it to where my lid starts. I also use it on my outer and inner eye area. I apply just a tad under my eyes. It also helps get rid of the shadows next to your nose. You can't use too much or it will look a little cakey. It is a little thick but a little really goes a long way and it stays put for quite a while, even when dancing all night at the club ;-) You don't need much at all but you have to work with it quickly before it dries. I'm not a fan of the brush that it is applied with and usually just use my finger to apply it. And I got it super cheap on Ebay.

on 12/14/2007 2:36:00 PM

I used to sell Mary Kay and when this came out I was excited. But it was actually one of the few products I DIDN'T like. I really thought it settled into fine lines and didn't look that nice. I tried it on myself and also gave it to my mom to try. She didn't like it at all either. I haven't tried any other facial highlighters, but I don't really need one, so I'm not inclined to go looking around for another one yet.

on 12/9/2007 1:21:00 AM

I used to use YSL until I found this. It is the same thing for me. I found it on ebay really cheap!!!!

on 12/1/2007 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I definently like this product. For me, its not enough to conceal my major flaws. Mostly I use it on my cheek bones to keep me looking fresh instead of totally matte when wearing my mineral makeup. Also a go to when i don't have a lot of time. It blends seemlessly and I really like the way the makeup 'clicks' out of the brush.

on 4/13/2007 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have this pen in shade #2. After I'm done putting on all my makeup, I use it this pen for under my eyes, pimples, and shadowy areas of my nose. When I apply it, it is significantly lighter than my skin tone, but it blends perfectly. I put a few dots of it under my eyes to conceal dark circles, and it works beautifully. I also LOVE to use this when I get a pimple. It takes the reddness out without caking. I also like this pen for lightening shadowy areas of my nose. I swear...and maybe it's all in my head...that my nose appears smaller when I use this! I wish it were a tad cheaper though.

on 4/10/2007 10:51:00 PM

I have been looking for a brightener/highlighter product for some time that could be used in addition to foundation and concealer. I have a MK rep at work and she lent me her demo and it went right back to her the next day. The liquid is way too dry and therefore, difficult to spread. The colors are not good either. The only one that was even close was way too orange. I'm happy now with my Clarins Perfecting Touch pen in 02 which I carry with me in my purse for quick touchups. Better choice of colors and the applicator is superior to the MK one. For home, I am trying the Bobbi Brown brightener and so far so good, but it doesn't seem to stay highlighted all day, so that's where my Clarins pen comes in handy. If there's a better pen highlighter out there, please let me know!

on 4/5/2007 10:37:00 PM

Well, I am going to try YSL Touche Eclat next. I really like the way this product brightens my under eye area. It makes me look awake and the dark circles disappear. Unfortunately, everyone is right about it being quite drying and settling into fine lines. It becomes flakey after just a few minutes.

on 10/6/2006 6:34:00 PM

I decided to try this after reading reviews here, I'm always looking for new concealers/brighteners for my nasty under eye circles. This did NOT work for me, under my eyes or on my face. The color seemed too pink, and the texture was nasty, looked very dry soon after being applied and settled into any dry areas, creases or imperfections of any kind, looked really terrible.

on 9/13/2006 11:53:00 AM

I've had this pen in shade 3 lying around my makeup box for a couple of weeks, I kinda forgot about it I guess. I pulled it out when I had an acne scar that would just not cover with my regular concealor and dabbed this on and I was shocked at the results. It completely covered the scar and blended in really well with my skin. I know this is meant for under your eyes, and it does work well for that, but it works wonders as a coverup as well. UPDATE: Ok, I found this wayy too drying under my eyes and as a regular concealor but it works soo well for those zits that look dark when covered up with concealor. Just dab this on top of the concealor, blend it in, and the darkness is all gone. I guess something about the peachy tone helps it disappear.

on 7/29/2006 12:14:00 AM

The absolute best concealor for under eye circles ever!! Especially if you are starting to get a few wrinkles. Applies thin but covers like a dream...don't let the MK brand scare you..there are a few jewels and this is one!