November 26, 2014 | 1928 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by iceskater719

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Packaging- the brush is useless. it's a little bulky

oil control/lasting power- both really great! my oil doesnt show out as much as it does with liquid foundation. the lasting power is awesome even without primer9 which i dont use often).

price- i usually buy stuff from spehora but i decided to try physicians formula. the price is awesome compared to anything high end.

i have sensitive skin and this doesnt break me out or make me red.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a decent drug store powder/mineral foundation. I used BE for years and I finally got sick of it. So I read the reviews on this and decided to try it.

Use very little of it, a little goes a long ways. It's not a thick or high coverage foundation, so if your looking for that, this is not it. My skin has some red, post acne scarring from my teen years (I'm in my 30's) do I just need coverage to even out my skin tone and this did just that.

Like most everyone else mentioned, the packing sucks. What I do is shake the powder into the big plastic lid part, dip my big fluffy brush into that and tap off the excess, then buff into my skin. It's still messy though.

My skin, even in my 30's is still oily so I use my Urban Decay De-slick powder over this (HG product btw) and stay oil free. Otherwise this product offers NO oil free protection at all. I think for normal-slightly dry skin this would be a good mineral foundation because it's not drying and looks very nice on your skin. Without a good oil controlling powder on top I had to blot a lot during the day and it just eventually wore off.

My skin isn't sensitive much so I can't comment about that.

Even though this is a decent product I wouldn't buy it again and I'll stick to my tinted Neutrogena Healthy Skin tinted moisturizer with the UD De-slick powder. I'll use the rest of it though because it's nice to use when I'm in a hurry.

The texture is nice, very smooth and easy to work with. Leaves no chalky look and looks very natural.

My skin is fairly light (but not super white) and I used the medium shade. I think the colors are fairly forgiving so don't stress too much about finding a perfect match. And use a light touch. My skin tone is neutral so that may be a factor. Buff in well it it could highlight big pores (which I have). I didn't try it over any primer but I think it would work very well on top of.

Even though this didn't work for my oily skin I'd still recommend it for normal skin that just needs a bit of evening out a bit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Packaging was god awful.

I did like the product and fact that it did reduce how irritated my skin was when using it but the price and packaging just totally ruin it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The packaging is ridiculous, and makes a mess when you attempt to use it. I ignored this product for ages after using it once, but recently decanted it into a simple "loose powder container" with a sifter and a powder puff (From KATE Kanebo cosmetics.) Now that it is in a much more convenient packaging, I finally use it.

I am reminded of how much I enjoy using this for a quick day to go. I have two shades and I mix them in the decanted container for a good transition shade from summer to winter.

This product covers mild acne and slightly red spots enough to tide me over for the day. Give warning to dry skin that it does latch onto dry patches or flakes, even after you moisturize properly. That being said, it would not suit those that are oily either unless you plan on blotting throughout the day as it does turn my combination-dehydrated skin into a glowier complexion. Frankly I do like this, so I don't ever truly mind, but many may differ from wanting to look a little bit oil slicked.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by MamaSher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product caused me to react and have red cheeks for weeks. I will not repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by EmoCupcakezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well... this foundation is pretty average. It wears well all day, but gowsh, my face got so oily by noon... it was gross :( I feel like this would work great for someone who's skin had no oil problem. I also felt like it was a bit over-priced. It didn't last longer than a month and a half, and the bottom cracks easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by shygirl7

I bought this loose powder specifically to set my foundation or concealer and it did an ok job at that, except this did nothing for my slightly oily t-zone. Within a few hours it was shiny. Also, another thing I didn't like was the color, it made my foundation and face a different color.. like more beige than it actually is- I got it in the medium color. If you can find a color that matches you, this would be nice, in addition to carrying around blotting tissue if you're slightly oily like me. The packaging is really bulky and big, like 50% of it is the product, the other 50% is a dome lid with a horrible brush. And the sifter is a bit weird, but overall, this is an average product. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by classyitalian

I went back and forth on liquids and minerals.. and for me minerals seem to be my love, I hate have to conceal, apply foundation, and the powder to have my face stay put! I've tried clinique mineral powder but the coverage.. well it sucked. I've tried others but this one I'm just in love with!!!!<3 it blends well, you don't need much, its very light, and natural. As for the packaging that's another story... I hate the brushes, I don't use them at all.. pretty much useless, it should be made like the bareminerals container in my opinion and instead of putting in the brush, just add more product(:
Love the powder, dislike the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by girly2222

I bought this powder in the container that stands straight up with a brush on top.I bought this in medium it was to use when I tan.The powder made my face flawless with a soft powder feel.I would purchase again.I do not care for the coverups in this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by melanieRD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this... but it's too dark and it makes my face a weird color.. I can't seem to find something that doesn't make my hot red/pink skin look a decent color. I used loreal minerals for years now but my poor skin is so irritated and awful I felt I needed to change. I hate this and the bare mineral set I got. The packaging on this is ridiculous and the brush is a pos.