Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 3/13/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Amazing stuff, simple, dirt cheap, gives results! I bought it as another tool to clear up my acne almost two years ago. I have been using it for a while on and off and didn't see any changes. However, recently I got on to applying it for 30 minutes strictly twice a week and my face doesn't seem to break out at all, because this mask literally sucks out all the gunk from the skin! I find that mixing it with raw apple cider vinegar in the proportion that makes its consistency creamy like sour cream is what makes the difference and makes your skin pulsate. I recommend to try it!

on 3/11/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Has helped my skin so much and you can really feel it pulsating.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

HOLY COW. "feel your face pulsate" is RIGHT. you can honestly feel this product working on your face it tingles and pulses and pulls all your imperfections out of your face. This stuff is amazing and pretty cheap definitely something that people need in their bathroom. :)

on 3/5/2015 12:51:00 AM

I definitely always try to keep this product on hand! It's great for DIY facials and masks which I use it a lot for, maybe 2-3x a week. From my experience, mixing with just the ACV is a little harsh and drying on my skin, so I usually add a combination of: essential oils, honey, activated charcoal (one of my faves), turmeric (newest obsession) or just a few drops of carrier oils so it's not so drying. Yes, your face will "pulsate", and yes, it will itch like hell! Your skin will most likely be pretty red afterwards, but it subsides within half an hour. But this stuff is great at pulling everything out from under the surface, for spot treatments, and makes your face smooth as a baby's bottom! It can also be tricky to scrub off, so if you have this issue I suggest adding a bit of raw honey so it doesn't dry as "hard" and washes off much easier :)
extra tip - you can also use this stuff for foot soaks, bath detoxes, and body scrubs...the possibilities are endless!

on 2/28/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been wanting to buy the Nu Skin Epoch Mud Mask but I've read a lot of reviews here on this mask. It's my first time to try this with Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar on equal parts. I have stubborn acne and oily skin. I bought this out of desperation to end this acne life! It's cheap and a tub would last me maybe more than a year. I felt the strong pulsate like pulling my skin, like blood circulating to the surface. it dried hard on my face and rinsing is a lot of work. Mind the clay clogging the sink! As expected my face was red, I toned and moisturize afterward. Acne is still visible but it came to the surface. I will repeat after 2 days. Overall I'm satisfied!

on 2/26/2015 8:03:00 AM

I mixed this with equal parts of diluted acv and applied it on with a face brush. however i only applied to my acne areas along my jawline and not the whole face. i did not feel any pulsation but only tightening of the skin. i had a few spots that already had come to a head BEFORE i applied this mask and after the mask, when i rub it off with a WARM washcloth, the whitehead fell off and i can see that my pore is clean now, better than exfoliating your spot. After that i immediately put on a hydrating mask to nourish my skin then rinse it off with cold water to close the pores.

this mask will draw all your impurities out letting it come to a head so make sure you don't have a big day for the next few days, otherwise just apply it area by area to slowly decongest your skin. unless you want to squeeze the whitehead out after it comes to a head but i prefer to let it fall off a FEW DAYS LATER.

cheers

on 2/25/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have acne prone, combination skin with occasional cystic acne and acne scarring... Whew! I'm a mess. Needless to say, I've been in desperate search of something to help me battle my skin woes. I've used this product twice on a once per week basis... Though, I'll likely increase it to twice a week based off the reviews. The pulsation is REAL! I can't say that it totally cleaned out my pores after use because there was still gunk left behind after having it on for 30-45 min. HOWEVER, the existing acne has been drying out quite a bit, mostly all of them have been brought to a head. I will start using it as a spot treatment on the other blemishes as some of the other reviewers have to see how that goes. There will be some redness afterwards, I'm medium brown complected with red undertones and I could definitely see the redness, it does fade quickly. Also an added bonus that I did not know this mask would help with is the fading of dark spots. I intend to purchase an aloe Vera plant to assist with this issue as well though. Removing this mask is truly a chore and can be a bit painful. I haven't perfected a routine nor a method of removal just yet. I absolutely think for the price that this is worth trying. I will update my review again in a few weeks.

Absolutely love this! Wow to think of all the money I wasted on other masks before I read about this is mind boggling lol. You can get a one pound tub of this on Amazon for around $10, and since you use so little to make a mask it's going to last the entire year. Like other reviewers said, mix this with apple cider vinegar to make a paste. I purchased an inexpensive mixing bowl set with spatula, face brush and measuring spoons just for face masks on Amazon as well, so cleanup was a breeze. After you measure out a small amount of the powder to the bowl, mix it with an equal amount of apple cider vinegar. The mix will bubble and then you paint it on. I left mine on about 25 minutes. You might feel it pulsating, but I liked the fact that it meant that it was drawing out impurities. Unlike store purchased brands, this becomes rock hard so eating something isn't exactly an option when this is on. I rinse it off with war water in the sink. I put down several paper towels in the sink at the beginning of rinsing it off so the large pieces of clay don't go into
the sink and clog it. Your face with probably be red after you rinse it off, but my face was as smooth as a baby's bottom! I just slathered some nightime hydrating gel afterwards and the redness was gone after and hour. The next morning I woke up with amazing looking skin, barely noticeable pores and two dark spots near my eyes noticeably faded. It's an inexpensive mask that beats anything that I've ever tried. Highly recommended!

on 2/23/2015 10:00:00 PM

I like to read reviews before I buy and this site is so helpful that I decided to write my first review. I'm 43 and I have oily/combo skin. No acne but some blackheads and I would say pores are my main concern. I can't stand my pores! My 24 yr old daughter recommended the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay so I picked some up. I've been using it for about a month now and I love it! I used to use Queen Helene Mint Julep clay mask and I was pretty satisfied with it. That was before I discovered this! It's stronger and better. It cleans my pores, shrinks them and makes my face feel amazing. My blackheads are minimal. My skin tone has evened out some which is wonderful because I used to tan all the time. I guess I just really never thought about the long term effects because I loved my tan face! When I started seeing brown spots on my cheeks start popping up I had to stop that.

I'm using this mask once a week. I'm also using Paula's Choice products. My daughter recommended Paula's Choice and actually gave me a bunch of samples for Xmas so I could decide what works for me. She is all about skincare and I really wish I was as proactive as her when I was younger. I've always had a simple routine: wash my face every night with a face wash for my skin type...and that's about it. Nothing special. But I'm getting older and I'm seeing the wrinkles and my skin starting to droop a little and I'm on it now.

I would say the only con with this mask is it leaves my face feeling a little hot after I've washed it off and my skin is red for about 20 min. But the results are well worth it. My husband saw the improvement and he's started using it too, once a week when I apply mine. I've even got my 2 teenagers using it although only on their nose and forehead which is their only problem areas.(blackheads) So we are a family using this product.

So my first ever written review is done. I highly recommend this product. It's amazing. It's inexpensive! It works! 😃

on 2/17/2015 4:39:00 PM

This mask did not help my face one bit...in fact it made my skin worse and black heads multiply!
A friend and I did use it for weight loss wrap though and that worked quite well.

Popular Masks