Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

I use this to make my favorite mask ever! I add honey and milk and it makes the most luxurious mask! It is super cheap and amazing, I definitely reccomend it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm in awe of this product. Its truly like magic. I broke out on my chin and in ONE application of this it dried up and was gone. I don't have acne anymore (I used to) but I still break out in single zits due to stress etc. Having this on hand is a secret weapon, I seriously can not ever be without it again. I wish I had this in my teens, it would have saved my life even earlier. It's important to follow the directions and I find better results when I leave it on for as long as possible. I always mix this with apple cider vinegar, which is another miracle product that everyone should own for its many uses. I have tried this mixed with water but it won't give that 'pull' feeling or dry zits out, but you could use it for other purposes. I just use the lid to pinch the amount I need and use a cap of the apple cider vinegar and apply it with my fingers. Your face will look red after use but after a few minutes it will calm down. This stuff REALLY works. If you suffer from breakouts please try this, I wish I had found it earlier!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay this is absolutely amazing, ive been using this for a month and my skin was clear within days. My skin right now is completely clear and skin tone is very even. Honestly i think anybody with mild to moderate acne should try this i feel like its a miracle and it also prevents new spots from forming. Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Seriously awesome. Read all the hype, bought it, got second thoughts, tried it today and can't stop marveling over my skin. So smooth and radiant!! I have awful scarred up pimply skin and I'm hoping over time it'll help get rid of some of the pimples. But for now, just the skin effects is awesome!!

I thought all the reviews I've seen were hype, but it's not this mask is really that good.
I don't know the long term effects from use but the first time I used it and looked in the mirror when it was dried I could see black heads on my nose brought to the surface nothing has ever took my black heads away bc their very tiny and not much to them. I don't have a problem with breakouts usually but flesh colored bumps with oil or white stuff in them, when I wiped away the mask the "stuff " from inside these tiny bumps were wiping away .
Don't use if your about to go somewhere lol I used the mask on the first time right before I was leaving and I walked around with a sunburnt looking face .. But it went away within 30 min
I can't believe I've never heard of this clay sooner !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't know how I feel about this mask. I've used it a few times. It does have pulsating effect and bring the gunks to the surface but it doesn't get rid of them… Am I supposed to extract the gunks after they're brought to the surface? Or will they go away on their own over time using the mask only…?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

To whatever reviewer, wherever it was, who suggested mixing the clay with the vinegar in a zip-lock: YES. So much easier. So much less mess.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is pretty darn awesome. I found it a couple years ago cruising through amazon and decided to give it a try because it had hundreds upon hundreds of rave reviews. It was so cheap, I felt like I'd be crazy not to give it a shot. I had my mom pick me up a tub from Whole Foods and I'm so glad.

I've used it with water, lemon juice and ACV and the lemon juice is my favorite. It's the most effective/pleasant way I find. I suggest using the latter two no matter what though, the acidic properties dissolve the powder and make it a creamy, almost whipped like texture, where as the water leaves it kind of clumpy and not as fun to use. It's like a vacuum and you can feel it working. If you like Queen Helen's, throw that crap away and use this, it puts it to absolute shame. This stuff is the real deal I tell you and you get so much product for your money. I originally got the smaller tub and used it all between me and my friends. I got the big tub the second time and still have plenty and I've had it for well over a year now. I even gave a generous sample to my mother-in-law.

I suggest using it before you take a shower because once it dries, it is like concrete. I also don't recommend using it very often because it is a hard core mask. It sucks everything out of your skin. I only use it when I know I'm in need of some serious purging. Which is today actually and why I decided to review it.

On a final note, I will say that it doesn't remove all of the clogs in my nose area, but I'm one of those people who unfortunately have ridiculous nose pores that never come completely clean. I cannot expect any product to completely rid me of this problem, so I don't deduct it from the rating, but it's just heads up. If you have hellish nose pores, don't expect the heavens to open up with this product. Regardless, it does a helluva good job at purging the skin.

HG STATUS. I am totally all for masks!!! This and raw honey masks are the only ones I will use on my skin. This stuff does make your face red but at the same time, when you go get a facial your face is red too that's from them pulling all the gunk well hello so is this but cheaper! I usually buy the small tube and I can get like 10-15 masks out of this since I use it once a week usually a sunday night to get all the crap from the weekend to start fresh for the week. Bought mine on iHerb and also ebay.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was reluctant to try this at first. I have fallen for every skincare hype since I started getting acne at 10 and I have been so let down by all of it. Everything I tried seemed just okay, but I was still getting breakouts. Finally, I caved , and wow!

This product is sooo cheap for how much you get. I've been using it for about 6 months now and there's no dent in the jar. I use a little plastic baby spoon's worth of the powder with equal parts raw ACV. It mixes well into a nice paste. I wait until it dries on my face (sometimes it can get a little itchy) and I use warm water to easily wash it off. I rinse the plastic bowl and spoon right after I apply the mask, and that's it. No mess or pain at all. I'm not sure how others I've talked to are getting such a mess with it! Maybe I use a thinner layer than others? I've found that using just enough to cover my face is the perfect amount.

I use it once a week. Anything more dries my skin out which was surprising cause hardly anything can do that to my oily skin! I use it at night since it makes my skin red for a little while. My skin is pretty tough so it doesn't irritate it, but I imagine people with sensitive skin would need to be more cautious with it, just as a warning. I also wouldn't put it on and plan to eat or talk much because it's difficult to do that once it hardens!

My skin is clear when I use this consistently once a week. It wasn't a miracle or anything after the first application, but I've been using this faithfully for about six months now and my skin has been great. Even the most hyped up and highest rated skincare products couldn't do that for me so this product is a must-have in my routine, and the price can't be beat.

Popular Masks