July 24, 2014 | 1226 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Progres Eye Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by pivot12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review, but after using this product for a week, i had to post. I have a birthday coming up and have recently become obsessed with my skin. I feel it just looks dull and when looking closely noticed a deep line on the corner of my left eye (none on my right which is weird) and fine crepey like lines under my eyes. I had a gift card I needed to use so I bought this based on reviews here with not a lot of expectations. (Sorry, just not a fan of Lancome in general). Well this is amazing, I'm talking LOVE! Now I have increased my water intake which has made huge changes in my skins appearance, but I know this eye cream has help dramatically. At first it just felt really good which honestly, I was happy with. Other eye creams I've used were a complete flop and felt nothing so I just didn't use one. I saw nothing until this morning. It has been a little over week using am and pm. My husband looked at me this morning and said "your skin looks amazing this morning." I laughed him off and went in to wash my face. OMG it did look great (If I do say so myself) My eyes look rested and that deep line is really hardly visible. The crepey lines are all but gone! AMAZING! HG I will use this forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by chesney

This was a waste of money! It didn't moisturize my eyes, it's more like a sealant. I actually tried putting another cream under my eyes and this over it, but I just didn't like it. Pros: It felt good on my skin and it didn't irritate my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

I'm usually not a big fan of Lancome, especially their skincares. but very impressed by this one. Definitely gonna repurchase.

it's thick and greasy, very hard to spread,not absorbed well, sounds terrible?

but the result is amazing! after finishing 3/4 of the pot, my under eye skin condition has been dramatically improved, looking much tighter. most fine lines are gone! i love eye creams by Sisleya and la prairie, but this one achieves the same result at 1/2 or even 1/3 of the price. a great product for dry skin. if you are not good at spreading it, use it as a night eye cream. try it with patience, you'll be amazed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by shmoodley

I really like this product! I bought it based on the rave reviews. It took only a week for this cream to start smoothing out the wrinkles around my eyes. It's very rich and thick and you can tell the consistancy has almost an oily feel. I was a little hesitant since I'm acne-prone, but it did not affect my skin negatively at all. As a matter a fact, I'm so impressed with it that I started smoothing some around my laugh lines. If it can smooth the lines around my eye then maybe it can smooth the laugh lines. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by AirportHilton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. I bought this on Friday and am returning it today, Sunday. This made my eyes burn. I had more lines and I'm waiting for the puffiness to go down. I never really liked Lancome skincare. It doesn't do much. THis was the final nail in the coffin for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

* Update 3/21/10: I stopped using this about 6 weeks after use - I did, unfortunately, develop some milia under my eyes which I never ever get. * Would've been a great hydrator otherwise. One lippie off.

I've been using this about 2 weeks and so far I'm liking the results. I'll follow-up with future posts...

I purchased this cream with the understanding (from what has been said here and by the Lancome SA) that this is a very creamy, deep moisturizing heavy cream for under the eyes to replenish moisture to dry under eyes, which I have.
My make-up was looking pretty crepey and I needed intense moisture.

I also have very sensitive eye under eyes, and so far, I have had no problem whatsoever with this cream. Others have mentioned they developed milia from this cream. I have developed it with other creams, but not this one as of today.

The price is reasonable for how little product you really need. The cream is extremely thick, white and heavy. It does leave a dewy (think vasoline) finish under your eye so if you don't wear concealer/corrector or cover with powder, it may look strange for daytime but I wear it anyway.

It is a "no frills" eye cream that does not contain the latest technology but to be honest, when I look at the reviews of all the other technologically advanced, equally expensive eye creams, the reviews don't really hold up to the marketing hype. I have hollowed eyes so I've come to understand that no cream will help me, only concealer and light reflecting powders to brighten my eye area.

Like others have said, I don't really understand why there is fragrance in this and although it's not my favorite, it's forgivable for the job the cream does.

The only thing this product promises (I'm reading from the box) is that it: "Protects the delicate eye area. Combats and minimizes the appear of premature signs of aging." No miracles, just moisture. I really dislike misleading marketing ploys. Lancome at least delivers on the moisture promise.

Ingredients:
Water, Glyceryl Oleate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Frangrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Prpylene Glycol, Methylparabed, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Potassium Chloride, Yeast Extract, Methyl-Chloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

If things continue the way they are, I do believe I will continue to purchase this cream. If something comes along that will remove my fine lines, magically make my hollowed eyes look fresher and make me look 10 yrs younger, I'm there, but in the meantime, I'll stick with this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jakeandbear12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Simply the best night eye cream out there for me! Leaves no film or irritation to my eye, wake up with moisturized, less wrinkly and unpuffy eyes! I hope they never discontinue this! It also lasts FOREVER! You need very little product! $58 for 0.5 oz's.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by bett

I agree with other reviews here that say it is moisturizing but not a miracle cream. I have been using this am and pm daily for about 3 months now and I find that it works well as a moisturizer though it does nothing for my undereye circles etc. but then again, it doesn't claim to do that! I have only used this in winter so I can't comment on how it would work in the summer... it's not a miracle cream but I would repurchase (is Lancome still making this cream?)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Nightbird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my Holy Grail eye cream. I first started using this eye cream back when I was in my 20's, and even though I am constantly looking for better eye creams to deliver all the promises they make but never keep, I always come back to my faithful and loving Progres. Apparently Lancome has been making this eye cream forever, and let me tell you, it has a CULT following. The reason is that this eye cream is simply the richest eye cream I have ever tried, and I seriously doubt that you will find anything richer, other than slathering Petroleum jelly under your eyes..lol. The ingredient list is nothing spectacular (I threw away my box so sorry I can't tell you whats in it) but these simple ingredients do a miraculous job of moisturizing your eye area like nobody's business. The scent is classic Lancome -very upscale and french, and I find it very comforting. The texture of this cream is thick and rich, but it melts quickly under the eyes, yet I never have a problem with it migrating into my eyes. No watery eyes, no stinging, no irritation whatsoever..just pure moisture and comfort. This is indeed a greasy looking eye cream, and leaves a shiny texture, but that's ok with me, because I have learned the hard way that a creams appearance on skin is like paper..if they appear dry, they ARE dry, and aren't doing a darn thing to moisturize your skin. Don't be fooled by these creams that claim to get "absorbed" by your skin -this is nonsense! Yes, some ingredients sink in a bit into your skin, but what is actually happening is a little thing called EVAPORATION! The waters and alcohols in these so called matte creams and lotions simply evaporate, and you are left with a few ingredients on your skin that probably aren't doing much. No matter what anybody says, there is no substitution for oils to create a barrier for skin protection, and this is exactly what Lancome's Progres eye cream does beautifully. So if your just looking for intense moisturization without potentally irritating retinols, peptides, acids, or herbs, give this amazing eye cream with a cult following a try..and if your not sure about trying it, purchase it at a high end department store..that way if you don't like it you can return it and risk nothing. Enjoy! =)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by xinguo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eye cream. I bought it after searching and reading the positive reviews here. Thanks to everyone who recommended it, I love it. I like the fact the cream is very moisturizing, and the result lasts whole day. Without any of the fancy ingredients, it really works to “reduce” fine lines by moisturize the area. Skin is so supple and soft.
Personally, I don’t believe these “Wrinkle eraser” magic, no one can turn back time. I think when a cream tries to work on fine lines by “filling” it, it often dries out the area. The only way to “reduce” the fine lines is to moisturize and moisturize.
The Progres eye cream does just that, and does it well. It is not thick, but rather emollient. When applying, you have to gently pat the cream onto the area and let it absorb for a few minutes. Don’t use it on your eyelids, as it can feel heavy for some. It is also an excellent cream for overnight. It is not a miracle cream, but out of so many eye creams that I have tried, this is the best.

I don’t think this cream is for everyone, not for young girls or gals live in humid, warm environment. You may also find it heavy for day time use.
I have been using it at night for 5 months now. Still like it!
Oh, the product is only available in the US, so we Canucks have to make a trip or ask a friend to get it for us. That sucks!