Fruit of the Earth - Vitamin E Cream

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate, collagen, elastin, aloe vera gel, squaline, wheat germ oil, retinyl palmitate, dimethicone, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, carbomer 940, triethanolamine, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance.

on 7/29/2013 6:14:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff! I have combo skin with random dry spots on my face & this stuff always makes my face feel smooth & hydrated which I love! Overall my skin is a lot more healthy & glowy.

on 5/30/2013 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I will never be without this stuff. I buy it in bulk from amazon in the tub and bottle. I use the tub for my face and the bottle for my body.

It is very thick and creamy but absorbs very quickly on the body but not the face. I use it on my face only at night because it does leave it shiny and almost greasy looking. I wake up with soft and normal looking skin though. Granted, I'm perpetually dry even in Mississippi summers.

I wouldn't recommend it for most people on the face, unless they're also dry but this is a holy grail lotion for anyone to use on the body, feet, etc. it's ridiculously cheap and the smell isn't atrocious (it fades in minutes). The tub doesn't bother me but it could be better - I've dropped them and the tops have cracked before. Either way, I'll keep buying it as long as I can find it.

on 4/20/2013 10:52:00 PM

I have contact dematitus, hand eczema and very dry skin. after many years of having to using oils and lotion after lotion, I came across This wonderful product. even though it is scented it doesnt cause me to itch and burn when applying. I am surprised at the price. I found mine at walmart for around 4 bucks for two containers. I have used this product for almost a year and I have seen a huge difference in my skin. I can even say some stretch marks have faded. SCORE! to my surprise this lotion has worked better on me than some leading brand name products...ie aveeno and eucerin. I just wished it came in bigger bottles, I go through one bottle in one week but 2 bucks a week isnt bad!

on 4/10/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This lotion is so cheap, I didn't even believe it at first. It's a really great lotion, but I would not personally, recommend it for your face. It does say you can use it for your face, but if you have a face close to mine, I broke out a lot from this lotion. Anywhere else on my body it's fine though. I use it for my legs after I shave, and it feels amazing! I wish I could use it for my face, but it made my face really bad. So, if you want to try and use it for your face, definitely do a test first! I didn't test it. :( I love the smell and it works wonders on my dry and cracked elbows and hands. It does take a while to sink in to the skin though being that the lotion is kind of thick. I love to use it on my legs though, they're so silky smooth now!

on 12/9/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I was shocked at the excellent quality of this cream, considering how inexpensive it is. Not too heavy, absorbs quickly and very moisturizing. I have even used it on my face with no problem. I am very pleased with the performance of this product.

on 12/7/2012 11:02:00 AM

How is this soooo cheap? I originally bought this to help moisturize my pregnant tummy and keep the itchies (and hopefully stretch marks) away but I'm finding other uses. This cream does an amazing job of smoothing the skin on my neck and chest and works great layered over my eye treatment for extra moisture. Even though I am very breakout prone, I've had no issues using this on my chest or on my cheeks. I'll wait to see how this works for stretch marks as I'm alternating it with a body butter and am also only five months along. But so far it feels fantastic and I'm very happy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What can I say, I'm just gutted about this product. I bought it based on the good reviews it received on makeupalley, and I was on the search for a simple moisturiser with either vitamin A, E or C to help with my post-acne skin. I'm especially into natural products, and so I thought 'fruit of the earth' would be a no-fuss, no-funny-business option. Unfortunately, I saw that the ingredients list includes various kinds of alcohol, acids and parabens. I already had my doubts, but as I had bought a big pot online I thought I might as well give it a go. After two or three days of using it, I now have clumps of spots on my cheeks and chin. Don't get me wrong, they're hardly volcanic and terrible, but I'm sure that if I continued using this it would only get worse. I'm going back to using my fail-safe blemish remedies of Sudocrem, rosewater toner and rosehip oil to get rid of the damage this disappointing moisturiser has done. Would not recommend to anyone with spot-prone or sensitive skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

With the fall chill in the air, I've recently started reaching for heavier creams to keep my ultra dry skin hydrated. I usually bounce around different products to try because I like to find creams that are scented and compliment my perfume. However, I decided to try either an unscented cream or nearly unscented cream. I picked up a FOTE vitamin e cream made with wheat germ oil, collagen, and lots of other good things. It's a great basic cream, perfect for slathering on before going to bed. My skin is smooth and hydrated in the morning. There's a slight scent but nothing over powering...almost like a sweet, "soapy" clean scent which I kind of like. Some reviewers have suggested using it as a facial cream, I think it would be a little heavy for that but as a body cream for less than $4 a jar, this will help me keep dry winter skin at bay!

Update: 9-28-12: I have decided that this cream unfortunately did not really hydrate my skin but sort of masked the dryness. The best lotions and creams to use for winter skin is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion with oatmeal or Cetaphil moisturizing cream. They never fail and keep my skin baby soft, even through the harshest winter!

on 8/19/2012 6:18:00 PM

wow, this will be the first review i do for a cream... first let me tell you im a guy with prone acne skin. i've tried so many moisturizers in the pass. Cetaphil, shea butter, clean & clear, neutrogena and the list goes on. I found this product in walmart and i see it was very cheap 2 packs for only $3,79 this is a ridiculous cheap. at first i was scared for the mineral oil in it, but i tried it because i was using cetaphil, but it seemed to break me out so this was my decision and im glad i did. Tip: I clean my face with Raw African Black soap then i apply this on my face, the black soap seems to destroy acne in just days, i dont get new pimples anymore on the face, i wash my face in the morning with ABS and then i apply this cream. and at night i do the same thing, so twice a day. I have oily and dry skin. hope this cream helps most of you. (FOTE vitamin E Cream & Raw African Black soap) Rocks!!

on 8/16/2012 1:54:00 PM

I honestly did not expect to like this since we've been trained to believe that if something is "cheap" then it must not work. My mom bought it to try because it was so inexpensive and gave me a jar as well. IT IS AMAZING. I can't believe the price for what you get in that jar! I use it at night on my face and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is glowing and feels great. I have very dry skin, and will also use this to touch up any dry spots with this cream if they crop up during the day. I have not broken out at all even though it's pretty thick. I also like the smell; it's just light and fresh. I will be buying this over and over, and plan to try other Fruit of the Earth products as well.