December 22, 2014 | 1620 users online

Moisturizers - Fruit of the Earth - Vitamin E Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Rahbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lotion is so cheap, I didn't even believe it at first. It's a really great lotion, but I would not personally, recommend it for your face. It does say you can use it for your face, but if you have a face close to mine, I broke out a lot from this lotion. Anywhere else on my body it's fine though. I use it for my legs after I shave, and it feels amazing! I wish I could use it for my face, but it made my face really bad. So, if you want to try and use it for your face, definitely do a test first! I didn't test it. :( I love the smell and it works wonders on my dry and cracked elbows and hands. It does take a while to sink in to the skin though being that the lotion is kind of thick. I love to use it on my legs though, they're so silky smooth now!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by snowbelle347

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was shocked at the excellent quality of this cream, considering how inexpensive it is. Not too heavy, absorbs quickly and very moisturizing. I have even used it on my face with no problem. I am very pleased with the performance of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

How is this soooo cheap? I originally bought this to help moisturize my pregnant tummy and keep the itchies (and hopefully stretch marks) away but I'm finding other uses. This cream does an amazing job of smoothing the skin on my neck and chest and works great layered over my eye treatment for extra moisture. Even though I am very breakout prone, I've had no issues using this on my chest or on my cheeks. I'll wait to see how this works for stretch marks as I'm alternating it with a body butter and am also only five months along. But so far it feels fantastic and I'm very happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by unioncityblue

What can I say, I'm just gutted about this product. I bought it based on the good reviews it received on makeupalley, and I was on the search for a simple moisturiser with either vitamin A, E or C to help with my post-acne skin. I'm especially into natural products, and so I thought 'fruit of the earth' would be a no-fuss, no-funny-business option. Unfortunately, I saw that the ingredients list includes various kinds of alcohol, acids and parabens. I already had my doubts, but as I had bought a big pot online I thought I might as well give it a go. After two or three days of using it, I now have clumps of spots on my cheeks and chin. Don't get me wrong, they're hardly volcanic and terrible, but I'm sure that if I continued using this it would only get worse. I'm going back to using my fail-safe blemish remedies of Sudocrem, rosewater toner and rosehip oil to get rid of the damage this disappointing moisturiser has done. Would not recommend to anyone with spot-prone or sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

With the fall chill in the air, I've recently started reaching for heavier creams to keep my ultra dry skin hydrated. I usually bounce around different products to try because I like to find creams that are scented and compliment my perfume. However, I decided to try either an unscented cream or nearly unscented cream. I picked up a FOTE vitamin e cream made with wheat germ oil, collagen, and lots of other good things. It's a great basic cream, perfect for slathering on before going to bed. My skin is smooth and hydrated in the morning. There's a slight scent but nothing over powering...almost like a sweet, "soapy" clean scent which I kind of like. Some reviewers have suggested using it as a facial cream, I think it would be a little heavy for that but as a body cream for less than $4 a jar, this will help me keep dry winter skin at bay!

Update: 9-28-12: I have decided that this cream unfortunately did not really hydrate my skin but sort of masked the dryness. The best lotions and creams to use for winter skin is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion with oatmeal or Cetaphil moisturizing cream. They never fail and keep my skin baby soft, even through the harshest winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by fherg94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow, this will be the first review i do for a cream... first let me tell you im a guy with prone acne skin. i've tried so many moisturizers in the pass. Cetaphil, shea butter, clean & clear, neutrogena and the list goes on. I found this product in walmart and i see it was very cheap 2 packs for only $3,79 this is a ridiculous cheap. at first i was scared for the mineral oil in it, but i tried it because i was using cetaphil, but it seemed to break me out so this was my decision and im glad i did. Tip: I clean my face with Raw African Black soap then i apply this on my face, the black soap seems to destroy acne in just days, i dont get new pimples anymore on the face, i wash my face in the morning with ABS and then i apply this cream. and at night i do the same thing, so twice a day. I have oily and dry skin. hope this cream helps most of you. (FOTE vitamin E Cream & Raw African Black soap) Rocks!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by spatterson1

I honestly did not expect to like this since we've been trained to believe that if something is "cheap" then it must not work. My mom bought it to try because it was so inexpensive and gave me a jar as well. IT IS AMAZING. I can't believe the price for what you get in that jar! I use it at night on my face and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is glowing and feels great. I have very dry skin, and will also use this to touch up any dry spots with this cream if they crop up during the day. I have not broken out at all even though it's pretty thick. I also like the smell; it's just light and fresh. I will be buying this over and over, and plan to try other Fruit of the Earth products as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have oily, acne-prone skin and admittedly, I was afraid to use this product on my face at first. But, I took the plunge and I'm so glad I did! This stuff is amazing-very emollient and moisturizing without being too heavy. I would recommend it to anyone, especially those who use the drying acne treatments (for example, I use Retin-A) on your off nights. It is dirt cheap at Dollar General; you get two large jars for around $2. It does have a scent but it dissipates after awhile. I am a person who does not prefer scented products for the face, but again, this cream doesn't seem to bother me. I will continue to repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by otoesanchico

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay... First, I have to say that my dad is the one who got me on this stuff. He's anti lotion lol I tried it when I was pregnant (3 years ago) & couldn't take the smell. Seriously, even to be around them if they'd used it in the last day made me ssooo sick.
Now, though, I don't mind the smell... I've actually learned to like it. I like the tub, but I do always use it right after washing my face or a shower, so I have clean hands.
It's really thick, & I think someone else said a little goes a long way - true!
I've been fighting oily skin for 3 years (coincidence? nope - hormones did it) & have as a result had some acne problems. I never had oily skin or acne as a teenager, so I've been floating around lost. (I'm 26)
Finally, I got sick of 3 step programs that don't work, & went back to Dove & bought a pack of this. WOOHOO!!
Now I don't touch any other soap but Dove beauty bar (white), then I use this lotion all over, from head to toe. It has reduced my makeup to pressed powder (once a day!!!!) & mascara, every day!
I made the mistake of trying another moisturizer on my face, & my face went crazy on me. It took two weeks, but now I don't have to wear concealer again.
TRY this, at least!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by strawberry7171

I really like this moisturizer. It isnít too thick and doesnít make my face too greasy like other creams. I use this especially during the evening before I go to bed. It doesnít have SPF so I donít use it during the day time. I have personally seen an improvement in my skin. I donít have as many break outs and acne scars from a few years ago have diminished in appearance quite a lot. I'm not bothered by the packaging as much as some other reviewers are. Using a clean finger, I swab a pea size amount and apply it all over my face, chin, and forehead. I would recommend this moisturizer for its quality and price.