April 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - All Pigment Powders

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by blondie7110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

MAC Amber lights eyeshadow. A must have for blue eyes. Made my blue eyes pop. I paired it with star violet, sketch (on outer corners and under eye) and dazzlelight as the highlighter. Great combo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

I have a few pots of these pigments, and unfortunately, i only got to try it on people i do make up with. It is easier to do it on others as i can spread it better than on myself, in a half-eye-jack manner. But i love the colours and i always cant stop myself from buying their new colours whenever it comes. It is not easy to apply but when u do get it up (and blending it is the key to success) it is really intense... (but intensity really, comes from the base)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm afraid I'm not here to jump on the love bandwagon. I really hate these things.

Okay, so maybe I'm not qualified to hate it so much since I only tried to use one but that is enough to turn me off all of the pigments in existence.

First, the packaging. Talk about hassle. Besides loose powders, I don't see why anything else has to be loose. It's like MAC wants to eat our money because they know that there's a high chance that some people would carelessly spill the pigments. And their packaging definitely highlights that. Unless you bought the vial kinds. In that case, good for you.

Second, the colors. Now I don't have a problem with colors but I really dislike the fact that they're glittery/shimmery. It only means that if I apply it, the glitter will fall onto my eyelashes and cheeks. Talk about annoying.

I guess it makes it obvious that I prefer pressed eyeshadows. Easier to control and such.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are the bane of my existense!!!
Like many people, I have a love/hate deal with these things. I understand the crazy hype over the pigments, but I don't feel the same way. Its cool thast there are a zillion things you can use them for, but really they are only useful to me, personally, as a loose e/s. In that respect, they really are no different from any other loose shadow. So, for me, these really dont live up to their sparkley reputation.

I was hoping for intense color payoff that at least had moderate lasting power. I didnt get that. The color payoff was so-so on the majority of colors that I have tried (appx. 20) No matter how i applied (Dry, visine, water, sponge tip, brush, etc., etc....) I get way better payoff with the vast majority of cheap pressed shadows, applied wet.
What's worse, is that, whatever intensity I was able to acheive faded like nobody's business! Even with UDPP.

The good thing about these is all the great colors. Pigments come in a vast selection of duo-chomes and other dynamic colors you cant really find anywhere else. Also, not all of the colors are dissapointments, a few deliver quite well (still nothing above average though). Plus you get a TON for your money.

Then there's the well known fact that SOMETHING about these stupid little jars of color is HIGHLY addictive, whether you love them or find them useless. I am compelled to buy and try no matter how many times they dissapoint.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by bleiboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

overall they have some really great colours!!! but the packaging is soooo difficult to master as they are small loose beads!! its a shame though! cos it stops me from using it every time, as I can't deal with the hassle, but they do have amazing effects if you can be bothered!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by 1prettygirl

I like the products, always liked loose powder pigments. However I'd use pressed shadow when I want to draw a line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 7:32:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

Even though I use pigments all the time as eyeshadow, my take on them is love/hate, and alas, more on the hate side. These things are seriously overrated. I think having shadow or pigment is loose form is really only helpful/useful if

a) you are using it as something other than dry eyeshadow, such as a face highlight, in your hair, lipgloss booster, etc.
or
b) You are foiling with it, since loose shadow is easier to work with wet than pressed shadow.

Other than that, I am a bit frustrated with MAC for not simply releasing many of their less unique or versatile pigments in standard pressed shadow format. The pots that pigments come in take up a lot of room, and are a pain to organize. Contrast this to the ease and convenience of MAC's Pro Pan shadow that you can compactly store and organize in their 15 slot pro palettes. As much as I love some of the pigment shades, I do feel that I would like/use them more if they were pressed. And yes, I've pressed a few pigments, but as anyone who has done it knows, that can be a messy pain.

Playing with pigments can be fun, but as a busy working professional, I would gladly trade-off the "fun" factor for the more practical pressed shadow format. I'd say that only but a few of the pigments MAC releases are actually worthy of being in loose form. All others, press them, please! Or at least give us a dang sifter in the pot!

That said, I have bought, and will continue to buy pigments. Like everyone else, there is an addiction factor to them that can't be denied. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by cubanchik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have heard so many excellent reviews abou the pigment powders- I will defintely have to stock up on these. One thing I can say about Mac, they have the BEST eyshadows on this planet, their colors are unbelievably beautiful & the pigment quality- amazing. What you see is what you get- gotta be careful when applying- that's how good their eyeshadows are.I will not convert to any other brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Renie82

I've been an exclusive BE user for the last 2 years and thought BE was great to blend with other colors but MAC pigments are even easier!! They easily blend without getting muddy and the teeniest bit goes a long way.

It is expensive but you get a TON (more than you'll probably ever use in your life unless it's a staple color in your collection) to get more colors, trading on here is a great idea!

Suggestions: Use the right brush, MAC 239 or any other fluffy brush is a must! Be sure to use a good base for the pigment to adhere to(paint pots, tubes or even Wet n Wild cream shadows in the tube work great) or the color won't be as true to the container. If you have problems with creasing, UDPP is a great product to try and if you are a true BE girl, they have a great new eye primer that is just as good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by TheBoogie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product it last a very long time I apply the pigments in the morning I use tan and naked I also use shade sticks shade sticks first then pigments it stays on until I take it off I get loads of compliments it lasts even after a sweaty work out last week my friend said after we worked out "My god your eye-make-up stays put! it does not run or smear". No dear it's MAC its great!