December 19, 2014 | 1231 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Could I love oatmeal more!!! Aahhh this makes my skin SOFT. And does the cleansing part well enough too. Since I dont like washing my face in the morning (cuz you just wash away all the beneficial acids and oils that your skin had made up all night) this is definetly something that I would like to give a try. It is reaalllyyy gentle and works great for skin. (And yummy as a breakfast)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by browngirl471

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I soaked organic whole raw oats in a glass of water for 2 hours. After a quick stir, i drained out the oats leaving the oatmeal "milk" in a glass. Using a round cotton pad, I applied a very wet layer to my irritated, red, dry, flaky skin. I felt immediate soothing. I kept reapplying throughout the day and by late afternoon my skin felt right back to normal. This is highly remarkable for me, as I live in a frigid extremely dry climate and I suffer from eczema and dermatitis on my face. I was very happy to notice that all the redness had been alleviated. My skin felt calmed, soothed and lightly moisturized. I will continue to use this "toner" as often as necessary.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this as a facewash, but it was the worrrst ! I liked the smell though . haha .
but i saw review videos etc on Youtube on natural oatmeal as a facewash, and it doesn't do what they say - smoother skin and soothing redness. this actually made me have more pimples and made more bumps on my face..... exactly opposite of what the reviewers say .
this is cheap to have a try though but i won't try it again lol

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by esholos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was having horrible breakouts from my birth control and tried every acne drugstore product under the sun with no success. I came here and read about the wonders of oatmeal and out of desperation decided to try it. I washed my face with it daily and holy crap it worked! Within 3 days my face was almost completely cleared up! Been using it for a few weeks now and have continued to not get any new pimples. HOWEVER, the reason why I can't give it the 5 stars it deserves is because I have formed a few cold sores and after research, oatmeal is very high in arginine which can lead to outbreaks. So, if you are not prone to cold sores give it a try, you won't regret it but unfortunately I can't continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kloudd4

Out of all things...who would have thought that OATMEAL would be my favorite thing for my face?! and this is coming from a girl who has tried everything under the sun for my mild acne problem. I would have saved sooo much money and time if I found out about this stuff earlier.
After washing my face, my face usually feels dry and I don't really like using lotion in fear of clogging my pores. Oatmeal seems to moisturizer my face really well so I don't feel like I need lotion. All I do is grind up some oats in my magic bullet (I bought organic instant oatmeal from Whole Foods) put some in the palm of my hand, add a little water to make a paste, and let it sit for about 10 minutes and wash it off. Sometimes, I mix it with Sea Salt if I want a little more exfoliation. (just be careful cause it can sting a little sometimes).
My other favorite thing to do with oatmeal is use it as a FACE POWDER! Again, who would have thought!? I have oily skin, so I've been on the hunt for a long time for a good face powder that will work with my oily skin. Most face powders usually end up making me more shiny or get cakey a couple hours later (or both). Some have even made me break out. I found using the ground up oatmeal makes an amazing face powder and actually seems to control my oily skin really well. It sits well on top of my foundation and it doesn't end up looking like sh** a couple hours later. I don't know how it would work for people with dark skin since the oatmeal is light colored, but I have light-medium skin so I don't really have an issue with the color of it. I think it looks great! I just use my regular powder brush, dip it in a little container of the oatmeal, kinda tap it off on the sides, and pat it on my face.
Last but not least, it really seems to be helping with my acne. I've been getting less break outs, and when I do break out, they are much smaller and go away quicker. And that is a HUGE bonus for me.
Thank you to everyone else on here that gave me these ideas to try oatmeal. Never would have thought of it without you guys. <3

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

wow. Not only do I LOOVE to eat oatmeal, but my skin loves it in facemasks too! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Glitterz484

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oatmeal is a great treatment for my ultra sensitive skin. It doesn't cause me any irritation, and doesn't dry my skin out at all. I like to use once in awhile as a calming treatment when my skin gets irritated. It gently cleans my face, reduces redness, and helps to heal blemishes all at once. I don't think that oatmeal necessarily prevents acne, but it soothes irritation that can cause acne. A lot of my acne has been caused by irritation, and oatmeal has helped a lot with that. It also seems to help by making my skin a little less oily. The only complaint would be how messy this gets, but it's worth it.

Here's my routine: (I grind up the oats into a powder with my coffee grinder. This makes the exfoliation more gentle on my skin):

- Grab a handful of oats
-Keep a fist around the oats, then run them under lukewarm water until soft
- Gently massage the oats onto your face for about a minute or so.
- Rinse off with lukewarm/cool water.
- Pat dry

*Note: Oatmeal does not remove makeup. It's best when used as a calming treatment.

**Also, I've heard a lot of people are worried about clogging their drains with oatmeal. Grinding them up seems to solve the problem, plus it's more gentle on sensitive skin. If you prefer to use regular whole oats, just run the water for awhile after rinsing them off. This should prevent the oats from sticking and clogging the drains. Hope this helps ^.^ *

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by balancedbeauty

I frikkin love oats! More specifically, grounded oats mixed with drops of water as a face wash. It's calming, tones down redness and has anti-inflammatory properties, making it amazing for sensitive, itchy skin. Even if you don't have delicate skin, oats contain a natural cleansing agents called saponins that helps to gently cleanse the skin, cut through the day's grease and mattify while still providing moisture.

To make:

Ground dry oats in a blender for like half a minute. Just make sure its small but not too small, so it can keep its exfoliating properties. I mix it with water in my hand and apply the oat 'milk' (just press into the wet oats) onto easily irritated or red areas (cheeks) and let it sit for a few second before applying the oats all over my face in a circular motion.

It is messy but it instantly soothes my incredibly acne prone, semi sensitive skin. AND it leaves a powdery finish on my skin. It just leaves is so soft and silky and it's really good.

I used to use honey as a cleanser but it does have a PURGING phase that gives you tiny whiteheads for the first week. This is a much better alternative (no purging) and great for all skin types :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by jessicarabbit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is like a bad-ish joke. After years and years of trying all kinds of pricey/ faddish face wash, using toner/ not using toner, patting/massaging on mosturizer, getting some kind of weird skin burn from various 'acne' products, spending a ton of money on brightening makeup ... Oatmeal has been sitting in my kitchen all this while?

I saw this as the top rated face masks on MUA and I just had to try. It's been about a week now of cleansing morning and night (I remove my makeup first at night with makeup remover wipes though), and my face has seriously never looked better (post-puberty that is).

I have combination, super sensitive skin that is prone to minor breakouts on my forehead and temples. I also have some crazy black/whiteheads on my nose area from time to time, and I need exfoliation every 2 days or so.

Since using oatmeal, I've noticed a few clear differences:

1) My face feels moisturized and not tight after washing;
2) My face is consistently 'brighter' and smoother after washing;
3) I haven't needed to exfoliate since starting my oatmeal regime (except for using a LUSH Brazened Honey mask once);
4) I haven't had ANY new breakouts on my face at all;
5) An ugly scar from an old pimple that I burst in a fit of anger two weeks ago is healing up very nicely;
6) My usually mid-day wok-like skin is NOT oily at all. This is the amazing bit... I go to work at 8am and leave at 6pm, and for the last blissful post-oatmeal week, I haven't had to blot or powder or touch up AT ALL.
7) I've cut out using foundation completely. Since my skin has been feeling so happy and clear, I just dot on some concealer, apply some loose powder and blusher, and I'm ready to go.

Oatmeal. Where have you been all my life? Overall it's just about the best thing that's happened to me recently.

Just massage onto your face for a minute (I run my closed fist under warm water for 10 seconds first), morning and night. I follow this with a Vitamin C serum and a gel moisturizer from Laneige. Twice a week I use a Greek yogurt and manuka honey face mask for about half an hour after cleansing. Also recommend the Brazened Honey mask by LUSH once a week to scrub out some makeup buildup you might have.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Amandajudy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! I read about this on MUA and was like...huh? This has probably done as much for my skin as all of the pricey cleansers and creams I have. It leaves my skin feeling very, very smooth. And it gives me a great glow. I typically wear pretty full make up everyday. But when I don't I notice that I have much, much better tone. I also wash my face and moisturizer twice daily.

I just keep a little Tupperware container of this in my shower. I roll it in my hands for about a minute until it gets pastey then put it on and let it sit while I finish the rest of my shower stuff. So cheap and easy!