November 25, 2014 | 1894 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Japanese Cherry Blossom-lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

I have 2 bottles of this, both as presents, and it's a overall good scent.

The only problem is I don't like powerful scents, and this for one, is very powerful!

It's nice, floral, a light sort of bubbly (bubbly gum and floral) scent to it, and is nice. It also smells sorta like perfume if you use too much.

It's nice, but a little too expensive and just not for me, because it's heavily scented and not natural or half natural as I like it... though it moisturizes well/ okay :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 6:15:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutely ADORE this fragrance. Its such a complex, sophisticated and sensual fragrance, I'm quite surprised with the low ratings. But then, fragrance is a very personal choice. I simply love it and will keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks' Japanese Cherry Blossom is an "award winning" scent that the brand calls a "seductive and mysterious floral scent inspired by the exotic gardens of Japan". Bath&BodyWorks elaborates on their description of Japanese Cherry Blossom by listing the key notes as "Japanese Cherry Blossom, Asian Pear, Kyoto Rose, Mimosa Petals, and Himalayan Cedarwood." Bath&BodyWorks lotions are, in the brand's opinion, the perfect daily moisturizer, because the formula contains jojoba oil, vitamin E, and shea butter, and is fast absorbing and non greasy. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand that makes their products in America. I purchased the 3fl oz travel size version for $3.33 on a 3/$10 deal. The mini sizes regularly retail for $5, or you can purchase the full size 8fl oz size for $11.
Packaging is a deep red, recyclable bottle with a matching cap with a pop up dispenser. The back of the bottle features a full ingredient list, as well as a bit of info on the company. The label is very attractive. Delicate, soft pink and white cherry blossoms and their shadows sit against a metallic red background. The name of the scent is written out in white lettering. As usual, the scent and label suit compliment each other very well.
Japanese Cherry Blossom is of those many love it or leave it scents Bath&BodyWorks makes. At first I wasn't a fan of it, because I found it too strong and heavy, but I've warmed up to it after a couple uses. Let me list out the full list of scent notes

Top Notes: Asian Pear, Fuji Apple, Ume Plumb
Mid Notes: Japanese Cherry Blossom, Butterfly Lily, Kyoto Rose, Mimosa Petals
Dry Notes: Vanilla Rice, Imperial Amber, Silk Musk, Cinnamon, Incense, Himalayan Cedarwood, Creamy Sandalwood

Japanese Cherry Blossom is very different from most other Bath&BodyWorks scents. It's very complex and sophisticated, though quite heavy at first. It's a much more grown up scent than what Bath&BodyWorks usually makes, so much so that it may smell a little out of place on their younger customers. Japanese Cherry Blossom is also unique among B&BW scents because it really develops and changes on the skin. When first applied, Japanese Cherry Blossom is quite strong. Musky, with aspects of cherry blossom, incense, cinnamon, lily, and the slightest hints of apple. It's deep, spicy, and exotic, but it stays close to the skin. I find it similar to Avon's Imari perfume, but lighter and less oriental. As Japanese Cherry Blossom dries down it develops into a lighter, sweeter version of it's self. The sweeter scents like vanilla and sandalwood become apparent, but you can still pick up the deeper, more interesting notes of incense and musk. Usually when B&BW make such a complex scent, many of the notes fail to show up, but in Japanese Cherry Blossom you can pick up at least half the notes. Good composition, Bath&BodyWorks!
Because of Japanese Cherry Blossom's unique and intense scent (at least among affordable brands), it's hard to match up with other scents I have. I can't really wear this with anything except Avon's Imari.
Bath&BodyWorks scents tend not to linger on the skin very long on their own, but Japanese Cherry Blossom sticks around for a good 4 to 5 hours. I'm sure you'd get much more from it if you layered the scent
I can't say too much about the lotion it's self. Its Bath&BodyWorks standard. White, thin-ish, sinks in quickly, non greasy. This lotion leaves your skin feeling soft, healthy, and comfortable. Perhaps not the "perfect daily moisturizer", but pretty good.
I like Bath&BodyWorks Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Lotion. It's not the kind of scent I would normally choose for myself, but it's something different for both me and Bath&BodyWorks. This is a solid, complex scent that's both exotic and mature. It lasts longer than most of their scents. Bath&BodyWorks really made something special when they created this scent. They should make more scents like this, they seem good at it. I probably won't repurchase this scent, but I do recommend it if you're looking for a spicy, exotic, incense and musk laced scent at an affordable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by allmyfriendsarecowboys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my favorite BBW Signature Scent!!! It smells delicious (fruity and oriental) and the staying power is amazing. If I layer this scent with the body wash, lotion, and body mist before bed I can still smell it in the morning and all day. It's more than I usually spend on a bath or body product, but you gotta splurge on this every once in a while or bring it out for a special occasion...it's the best!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I love this lotion! I've been using it ever since it first came out. I can understand how it may be too strong for some people, but I still love it:) It's definitely one of my favorite lotions. I highly reccommend:)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by chevalierbossu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

The scent is creamy powdery sweet, it's a floral scent, oriental floral i would say, the fragrance is very long lasting. you almost don't even need to perfume yourself after using this body lotion coz the scent last and last. It is the opposite of the other bbw body lotion I have used which is Sea island cotton, that one is aquatic, nauseatingly sythetic, fake and shrill to me. For the staying power alone it worths its price, plus the hydrating ability of this lotion is decent, however i can imagine people who are sensitive to strong scents in body products could dislike Japanese Blossom body lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

This is really an incredible lotion. Normally I don't use much scent, so this is perfect! It's stronger than most lotions, but not nearly as strong as a perfume. Everything else I've tried from this line is also quite nice. The only thing I dislike about this lotion is that it's really thick and creamy- it's definitely good for winter, but it takes forever to absorb. The new packaging is really, really nice too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Best smelling Bath & Body Works lotion, by far! It isn't the most hydrating lotion around (especially for the price), but the smell more than makes up for that. I used to get it all the time. I moved a while back and there isn't a BBW anywhere around here.

I miss this lotion. Unlike a lot of their other lotions that are copied by just about everyone, I have never found anything else that smells remotely like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by sugaryspice82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells sooo good. I get lots of compliments when I wear it, and its staying power is so strong, you dont even need to layer the scent. All you need to use is the body lotion and your good. It smells flowery, also a little woodsy but also kind of like incense. It just smells really nice and mysterious, which is why I like it. Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by puddlesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells like incense to me. smokey and mysterious and sexy.