Aquolina Chocolovers EDT

3.7

on 8/26/2009 4:59:00 PM

i found this at tj maxx a few days ago for only $7!
it definitely hints of Pink Sugar (another fragrance from aquolina), but it's way better, in my opinion. i smell chocolate, mandarins, and graham crackers when i wear this- yum! not alcohol-y either, which i hate. the lasting power could be a little better, but for $7 i am not complaining.
if you like sweet, dessert scents- try this!

on 7/14/2009 8:55:00 PM

Ok I cannot give this a full review yet. But i just ordered it off ebay for $15.oo..fully packaged and and a great price. First whif of it on my skin..It Smells like tootsie rolls!! Am i the only one who smells that?? lol! Will review it more when i wear it out for the first time!

on 7/5/2009 10:41:00 PM

I'm very excited that I scored this at TJ Maxx for 4.99!!! I have been wanting to purchase it for quite awhile and haven't had the funds to do so, and totally could not resist buying it at that price!

I give Chocolovers 4 stars because of the lasting power. It doesn't stay on me at all!!! I have a feeling that is why it was at TJM. I think I might just have a bad batch. Beyond that, I think that Chocolovers is an amazing representation of a chocolate scent. Chocolate perfumes/body products are usually perfumed incorrectly and end up smelling cakey or like poop. I think the blending of the chocolate note amongst the orange and peppery notes is divine, and is unlike anything I have ever smelled before. I wish this perfume would last longer on me! It is worth a sniff, even if you don't intend on buying. Its nice to see a chocolate scent done tactfully. As with most sweet scents, this may be too cloying for some, but personally, I think the peppery spice keeps it in check. Keep your eyes peeled at your local T.J. Maxx! You might score a decent priced bottle for yourself!

on 6/5/2009 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this fragrance, I actually own a dupe of it. First time I wore it my DH asked what the wonderful smell I was wearing!He said he smelled a lot of vanilla. I personally smell vanilla, musk, and citrus. I don't smell a lot of chocolate like others have mentioned. This is my fragrance I wear when I need a pick me up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't expect to like this. I thought ugh citrus notes??? But honestly I love it. Its VERY diff from pink sugar; no sugary bubblegum sweetness. It smells alot like those gourmet chocolate and orange choclate candies. It starts out with a more acidic scent then calms down. I really like it and men seem to find it appealing. I find it to be a very comforting casual scent-to wear with a fuzzy sweater and jeans and an agenda of cuddling on the couch.

Its very cheap too so its a great frgrance. I wish it lasted longer though.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Very unique scent. At first spritz I get a lot of chocolate. Then it becomes spicy for the next 5 minutes or so...must be the coriander. I catch a little citrus but not much. After the spiciness plays out, I am left with a sweet delicious chocolate scent. It still has other notes mixed it which lends to its uniqueness on the drydown. I like this! Oh wait - now the sweetness is turning a bit more citrus. It really morphs quite a bit, which I find really cool.

on 4/30/2009 6:45:00 PM

I bought this 1.7 oz at TjMaxx for $7.99 and I went back today and bought another one I was hoping to find Pink Sugar as well either I missed out or they didn't get it in yet but I noticed some weeks ago they were getting in alot of Aquolina bath products Pink Sugar lotions,Chocolovers massage gel bath hearts,etc.So,I figured eventually they would get the actual perfume and I was right so far I found 2 bottles of the Chocolovers but no Pink Sugar but the one Tj Maxx that I live farthest from is where I found the perfume and the Tj Maxx closest to me is delayed in getting new shipments so I hope I will find Pink Sugar too if the 1.7 oz is 7.99 then I am guessing the 3.4 oz Pink Sugar will be 9.99 or 12.99 but I am hoping! Anyway back to Chocolovers I liked it at first spray it is a bit chocolatey but it does have a citrus hint to it but it lasts and the dry down is just like L de Lolita Lempicka that is why I like this fragrance so much! I would have bought all they had but I only found 2 bottles! But now I am regretting I didn't get the lotion and shower gel they had! I bought 1 pink ugar lotion but the smell wasn't right I think it was old it smelled musty and really light and I have smelled the fragrance before and it wasn't like it at all!

on 4/25/2009 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

First of all, the bottle is adorable. So I had to give a 5 for packaging alone :) I like the way this smells. I can detect a hint of Pink Sugar, but it's gone almost as soon as you smell it. It does have a chocolate scent but it's not overwhelming. I can't describe it, it is very light, not like a walking Hershey bar. There is a little bit of orange smell too it, but not like a fresh squeezed orange, more like an artificial orange (think those yummy chocolate oranges that you whack on the counter around Christmas time) Also there is a bit of spicyness, I read on the Sephora website that it has corriander. Thank goodness I cannot smell it on me because that was the one note of the fragrance I did not like. All and all it is a yummy smell :)

on 4/21/2009 11:43:00 AM

I really didn't expect to like this as much as I do - but it is lovely. Sweet, yes, but soft hints of vanilla and orange on me - along with the chocolate warmth, as well. Long-lasting for me, too.

Reminds me of a more gourmand Angel, if that's possible.

I think during humid months this might be too much for me, and for people that work or live with me, but I really do like it. It's uplifting and uncomplicated, which is perfect for stressful days.

Try it and see - I like it a lot better than Pink Sugar, although that one is nice, too.

EDIT: up for swap after one spray - just too sweet (I can't believe I am saying this) for me. Not much depth on me whatsoever.

on 2/26/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

It isn't that it smells bad, it's just that to me it doesn't smell like chocolate at all. Perhaps it smells a bit like graham crackers (but not the good cinnamon kind.) Very plastic in the drydown. A disappointment after the lovely Pink Sugar.

Popular Fragrances