The Body Shop White Musk Line

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was really disappointed to finally smell this one at TBS today. I generally pay more attention to their skincare than their fragrances, but the SA was all over me to try this "best seller" and I do really like Jovan White Musk. Well. I gave this sucker a solid 3 hours on my skin to see what happened, and it never got beyond the level of cloying laundry detergent. It's a soapy, chemically, artificial musk that reminds me of a thousand cheap body sprays whose purpose is more to deodorize than to add allure. Not what I anticipated from a company that prides itself on natural ingredients and an earthy aesthetic. TBS White Musk, to me, is surprisingly heavy and one-dimensional, and I couldn't wait to get it off me.

on 5/7/2010 9:14:00 PM

I'm Jekyll and Hyde on this one. On the one hand, I really, really do go a bit cRaZy over this clean, subtle, inoffensive, mature and powdery, though rather plain and boring, for it doesn't have much depth, white musk.........But on the other hand, it seems like I smell this EVERYWHERE I go(and on the wrong person or in the wrong place, it can smell artificial)! I even smelled it all throughout a casino I had visited( room spray?), thinking, 'What a super nice smell!' As I walked in through the doors. But then I smelled it with EVERY step that I took! It did become a bit nauseating after awhile(I mean, too much of anything would sicken anybody!). So, although it is subtle, it can be a bit much at times. I bought the 2oz for $28, which I did find to be a bit much for a simple white musk. I do prefer Jovan's White musk as that one is a stronger floral(and it's a lot cheaper!), but sometimes I just CANNOT find it! And this is a nice alternative, although I did NOT like the lotion at all. It had an old musty plastic smell to it-NOTHING at all like the toilette. And the toilette DOES last a long time! I applied it at 10ish in the morning, and it is now a bit after 6:30pm. Nice, but it also kind of reminds me of a men's after shave on the drydown.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It smells good. I don't think you can really go wrong with a plain white musk scent. Personally, it's a little too simple for me to spend money on, but it is a casual and classic scent that is fit for any season.

on 9/21/2009 1:42:00 AM

I just bought the perfume oil, and I love love love it. It isn't a gross/plasticky/cheap musky scent. It's rich, intoxicating in a captivating way, yet soft enough to not overpower anything or anyone. It stays pretty close to the skin, but I notice that when I warm up, it can subtlely linger. It was $16, which is reasonable for the amount - since its an oil and the lasting power is very good. I layered the Vanilla perfume oil over it, and it is a fantastic combination! Great both layered, or alone. I should note that I don't care for the EDT. It's not as cozy as the oil.

on 9/18/2009 2:39:00 PM

I started wearing this at the tender age of eleven. I loved it. It made me feel like an adult. I purchased a tiny bottle of this recently to see if I still liked it. It smells exactly how I remember it, but it's just too powdery for me anymore. I'm a little sad, because I wanted a wave of nostalgia. Instead I just got nauseated and a headache.

on 9/18/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Years ago I recieved a beautiful gift basket filled with white musk bath products...soap and lotion and a candle....I loved it so much I purchased it for myself again....somehow over the years I forgot how much I like this scent. I would not even use a purfume after bathing or showering in the morning as I wanted this scent to linger. Since reading about this again I went and got the oil and it is beautiful.....It is light and airy and I feel sexy. Usually I dont like musk smells but this white musk is so different....I have to hide my bottle as my 15 yr old loves it too and I often find it in her bathroom. I am going to get her , her own bottle as soon as I am in the body shop again.....which I bet will be soon....

on 7/25/2009 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received this as a gift many years ago and really loved it. I had a perfume oil in a small green glass bottle and I used every drop. I think the scent is a warm, buttery, sexy skin musk but it also has that cleanness that I associate with "white musks." I guess I am just a fan of white musks as I find I am attracted to other fragrances that have the same element in them. The Body Shop White Musk will always be my original starting point though since it was the first for me. Body Fantasies has a Clean White Musk scent that I think is similar to this, although that White Musk perfume oil had this gorgeous and sensuous depth that I haven't found in anything else. It seemed to melt right into my skin and became this sexy and almost indescribable scent and I could not stop sniffing my wrists. This is something you need to try for yourself.

on 6/18/2009 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Everyone who says "sexy" is spot-on.

Everyone who says "comforting" or "soft" is also spot-on.
Sounds like an oxymoron, right?
It's beautiful, though.

on 1/2/2009 11:13:00 PM

I really love this fragrance. Its softly feminine and has a hint of childhood in it. The initial spritz smells to me more like baby powder, but once it dries down it turns into this beautiful sophisticated vanilla thats hard to describe.

I always go back to this scent. It is soft, feminine, and natural. Absolutely gorgeous without being over powering. Plus they use cruelty free musk, which is great. Overall I think this is a great scent (and this is coming from a girl who NEVER wears musks, only florals!)

Popular Fragrances