October 20, 2014 | 1771 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lilybits

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the finish this give but I only wear it when I am going out. It is way to FULL ON for daily wear. I have dry skin and sometimes I find it can enhance dry patches. It does photograph beautifully so it is a great one for weddings. For the price honestly I hoped for more.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by rivielle

I have always used matte foundations but have recently realised with my dry skin a dewy finish looks much better. I bought the pro lumiere make up as a fuller coverage to my other chanel foundations (Vitalumiere and Vitalumiere Aqua). I love pro lumiere, it really does give a beautiful flawless finish. The coverage is perfect as well, not too excessively full but still enough to cover any minor imperfections. The finish is absolutely stunning, it makes me look radiant, dewy and glowing. I will definitely be repurchasing this and think it is definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sabbyoh

I finally caved and bought this after hearing so many great reviews from makeup artists and having bought soo many subpar foundations hoping they'd be my "perfect match" i thought i'd go bankrupt.

Before this, i generally used mac studio fix (liquid) foundation (trying other ones on the side constantly, as I was never fully happy), though I never really liked what I saw. I mean, my skin for the most part is pretty good. I have quite an uneven skin tone (slight redness in patches in random places) and sometimes my skin can get quite dry, sometimes get the ODD flake of dryness of my nose. apart from this though, my skin is perfectly clear, i never get spots, my skin is smooth etc. the foundations i'd been using seemed to highlight my skins problem areas, never covering the redness, sticking to the flakey skin on my nose, making it look MUCH worse than it actually is (i use exfoliating face scrub and moisturiser- still looking for the "miracle" though, ugh).

Sometimes i'd wake up in the morning and look at my skin and thought i looked great, but then after applying makeup i'd be back to thinking my skin looked dull and lifeless and flawed. it wasn't to do with not having the correct shade, i'd been matched a few times by mac/other brands and they all blended with my skin tone. FINALLY i realised the problem was with the formulas i was using, and not my skin. i've always used a "matte" finish foundation. Now, when i think about it, i don't really know WHY, i think maybe that back when i started using/getting into makeup (years and years ago!), it was really heavily emphasised that your skin should look ~matte and not ~shiny in any way, so this is just what i've looked for and stuck to, thinking it was the best look.

From watching youtube makeup tutorials the past few months, i've realised that "matte skin" isn't the best look, and especially as someone with fairly dry skin, i should be trying to get a more "dewy" finish from my foundation. anyway, i bought pro lumiere as my first NON matte foundation. it is amazing. my skin looks so different- hydrated, smooth, luminous, highlighted. i'd say this foundation was best for people with a dry/normal skin tone, for dry skin i think it really does help make the skin look brighter and more conditioned and more like normal SKIN! now that i've been using it a few weeks i can't imagine using anything else. i feel embarrassed that I used to wear such Matte formulas as I must have looked so terrible! prolumiere just makes me look alive and healthy and gives me a glow i've never had before. i love the dewy finish, despite never having it before. it makes me look so much younger and fresh and the coverage is still good enough that it gets rid of my red patches and occasional blemishes. i would be lost without this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is currently my favourite foundation. It provides medium to full coverage, depending how much you apply. The colour selection is somewhat limited but for my NC25 skin, it's absolutely perfect. Most foundations tend to emphasize dry flakes on my face but this one is creamy enough that it truly gives me a glowy complexion. It doesn't have great oil control since it is meant for those with drier skin types but its lasting power, its dewy finish, and its full coverage are just so impressive. I will absolutely re-purchase when I'm finished with my current bottle. It definitely is expensive so I only use it for special occasions.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Starla83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard a lot about this foundation and wanted to give it a go as its supposed to give you this glowing look, etc. The only thing I like about this product is the colour matches my skin tone. I fell in love with this when I first bought it, but it was all downhill from that day :( Even when using a primer and setting with powder it doesnt last and even feels like its coming off my face. When you apply at the start it looks kinda nice but after 5-6hrs i'd look in the mirror and my face looks totally different and just awful, even the colour of the makeup looks different! I've changed up moisturizers, primers, powders but i've come to the conclusion the foundation is just crap. Oh and I've found that if I don't use a primer it breaks me out :( So total disappointment :( You look shiny, greasy and just horrible after hours of wearing it and another downer is the price, because its so expensive you can't just throw it away if you dont like it :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this before it was discontinued, so I picked up a bottle in Limpide/Nude 10 the color was good (a little light) for my Neutral 20-25 skintone. I currently wear Vitalumiere Aqua which is a light foundation, Pro Lumiere is a Medium coverage and would work great as a foundation that I would wear to an event that I knew I was going to be photographed at. I just don't go to that many events and don't need the heavier coverage.

I'm happy to had the chance to try it and if it wasn't being discontinued and I had an event to go to this would have diffidently been my top choice. The replacement Perfection Lumiere is suppose to have a wider color range and looks great in the behind-the-scene pictures, so I'm looking forward to the new version.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Lolak76

I love this foundation. It provides amazing coverage for liquid foundation. The finish is beautiful, dewy but not shiny. The color range does seem to run a bit dark, as do most Chanel foundations in my experience. Although a little dark it still worked for me if i blend it down my neck a bit. Stayed on all day (9 hours) with a good primer and light dusting of NARS loose powder (which IMO is the best setting powder out there!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Skin Type: NC15, combination/acne-prone.

Shade used: Limpide/Nude 10

This foundation is truly meant for photographic purposes only, in my experience. And that is only when it is set with a ton of powder, or else it is just looks like a greasy mess. I have also tried Mat Lumiere, which I completely recommend over this for a long-lasting foundation. Pro Lumiere has a runny consistency, but it becomes quite tacky once you blend it on your face. The first time I applied it, I immediately washed it off, because I had never tried a foundation that felt so thick and dewy. Keep in mind that I have combo, sometimes oily skin so someone with dry skin may appreciate this. Also, the lightest shade was too beige and a little dark for my pale, yellow-toned skin. I was mainly suckered into buying this because of the "professional, semi-matte" finish this claims to provide. I'm not sure why they labeled it as semi-matte, because it is very dewy. Maybe after it settles on your skin for half an hour, followed by a thick dusting of setting powder but who wants to do that everyday? I can see this foundation working for individuals who have dry-normal skin, small pores, and relatively clear skin. Unfortunately, I have larger pores around my cheeks and this really emphasized them. Many make up artists seem to really like this foundation though, like Lisa Eldridge, who has videos on YT and often praises this. I know for a fact that this is also popular among brides. I guess it all depends on your skin type, and the occasion. For an everyday, satin finish foundation I would suggest NARS Sheer Glow, or Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk. For a good matte finish, MUFE Mat Velvet or Chanel Mat Lumiere.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Isanore

I had high hopes for this foundation and really wanted to like it. I received this as a sample when I purchased the Vitalumiere Aqua. It does give good coverage and evens out my complexion quite nicely. But, it feels heavy on my skin and broke me out. This foundation is meant to be worn for short periods of time e.g photo shoots, special occasions, et al. But even for short durations, it was just too thick and heavy-almost greasy- for me. I will stick with VA and Mat Lumiere, which I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by xxhoneyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have oily/combi skin so i have no idea why the sales rep gave me this- oh wait yeah she said they didnt do my shade in the mat lumiere which is the one i wanted (am nc42) and this was the next best thing. however my skin has become much drier now for some reason and i can wear this for the moment and now i see why people love this foundation so much! am definately being converted from a matte look to a more dewy one.
    in summer i'll definately have a problem though. but chanel shade range is disappointing, i dont get why she said chanel dont do darker shades in the mat lumiere... plus if you're more on the yellowy side chanel foundations are not like MAC and matching your tone is also difficult. i use the darkest shade in 60 Hale which is slightly a little too dark for me but its ok.