September 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Cleansers - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Face Gentle Cleansing Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by cmyklamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Nuxe skincare line, but this product is just meh. It performs as a very average gel cleanser. I do like how gentle it feels and that it does not foam up and leaves my face feeling clean. I have dry skin so it does leave it feeling a bit tight, but I immediately follow up with toner so it's not a big deal. The packaging is also great with a pump. The one thing I cannot stand is the heavy scent. It smells like sweet honey mixed with flowers, I think it would smell lovely if it were more subtle and toned down, but the scent is soooo heavy that I have to hold my breath when I'm washing my face. It gets a little nauseating sometimes. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this. Stumbled into the magical, upscale Walgreen's on Chicago's State Street and found this again. Glorious! I have oily skin that can break out if the wrong product is used, but I figure, I do well with raw honey mask/scrubs, so why not. Maybe this could impart the same even glow. First impression: it's a nice, thick consistency that lathers well, and the perfumed-honey scent is quite potent. Not unpleasant by any means, but if you're scent-sensitive, stay away.

It removes my makeup nicely. It has a bit if a bigger challenge with my silicone-based mattifier, but I usually wash twice in a row anyway. Rinses nicely, no feel of residue, and my face doesn't feel stripped of moisture. It does leave a nice even glow! If your skin is sensitive, you might steer clear. Even raw honey has been known to irritate or redden more sensitive skins. I'd give it a 5 if it were slightly cheaper and/or slightly less perfumed, but it's the best cleanser I've used in a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by alicehump

It's nice but not for me :(
I initially liked it but after 2 weeks my skin got dry in places and started flaking while at the same time i got few cystic pimples :( And cystic acne is not something my skin shows as a reaction to a new product.
I will try it again in the spring because during the winter my skin gets sensitive and dry-ish while oily in certain places.
I am not positive about this though!
EDIT: Works like a charm after I started using it again in warmer weather. Maybe my cystic pimples were due to stress? I have no idea since they continued showing for some time after I stopped using it and didn't occur again when I started using it again. My skin is combination - oily on the T zone, dry at the cheeks, sensitive, acne prone and evil so my struggle is to find something that doesn't cost a fortune, doesn't irritate it and keeps it under control and this comes at a close second to my Guerlain Secret de Purete without the hefty price tag so I will give it 4 stars now (not 5 since it is not perfect) and I will definitely buy it again as well as other products from this brand, hoping to get an even better result.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by thelonelyraindrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As with all Nuxe products it was love at first smell with this one!
It does a nice job of cleansing without irritating my skin.
The only reason I will not be repurchasing is because I am moving on to more organic products with minimal ingredients (although Nuxe is natural in its claims, it has many ingredients in this face wash - something I am trying to distance myself from). Still, I would be lying if I said I didn't love this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this cleanser for a few weeks now and quite like it. I don't usually like facial products that smell sweet, but I like the smell even though it's sweet and quite strong. It has a gel consistency that's easy to apply. I use one and a half pumps for my whole face, but you could probably get by with one pump. It washes off nice and easy and makes my skin feel clean and fresh - no tightness or dryness. At 14 for 200 ml at lookfantastic.com I don't think it's very expensive, especially since it's a good quality cleanser. I was looking for a cleanser that is similar to my beloved Vaishaly Patel cleanser because that's just too expensive for me to purchase regularly. It's not as wonderful as that cleanser, but it's comparable and a lot cheaper so it's going to be my regular cleanser from now on. I've used tons of high end cleansers from Dermatology, Lancome, Decleor, Estee Lauder, Dr Haushka - this cleanser beats those.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by bianco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have my skin is very sensitive. This product has made him a bright and beautiful. But my skin got used to a little dried.

herbal gel, and the different smells
product in the form of gel and a very useful package.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by asianista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG cleanser, after trying many!!! I just love anything Nuxe, and I'm sticking to this line of product because they are natural and they WORK!!! I tried some Burt's Bees products that are also natural but didn't do the trick for me.
So, the Nuxe Cleanser smells really good, has a nice texture, I don't mind the fact it doesn't foam. Dispenser works just nice, no need to undo a cap. I use it morning and night, and I do wear light makeup (foundation, mascara, blush,) it takes it all off without problems. It doesn't dry my skin, nor does it feel oily or greasy. It doesn't stain my eyes and it doesn't make my face red like so many other cleansers.
I repurchased already, a bottle lasts a long time.
Try the 3 Roses Toner after washing, it's heavenly!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Lazulia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a good cleanser, leaves skin rather soft without drying it out too much. It's not fantastic, but it's good.

But, I really don't like the smell of it. I usually don't mind scented products but the fragrance in this cleanser is way too strong. Sweet baby powder, very strong sweet baby powder.

I'll tough this bottle out but will not purchase again for this reason. Not for those who prefer light scents or no scent at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 6:05:00 AM More reviews by nenoneno

the best cleansers for women with "normal" or "combination skin" i use this for amonth now and its lovely for my skin and the most important thing that it dose not have any Chemicals on the contents , so no harm for youk skin it will leave it soft

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Nile

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is extremely dry and delicate. For ages I have used only lotions and creams but started to feel that my skin was getting clogged up with products & would be better if I washed it. I tried various products (all for sensitive skins) but was never happy with any of them until I tried this - indeed some of them (including one so-called hypoallergenic facial wash) actually irritated my skin.

From the day I tried this one I have never looked back. My skin is soft and comfortable and the gel doesn't sting even when I get it in my eyes, not only that but it smells gorgeous and, on those occasions when I actually get some in my mouth, it doesn't taste disgusting either.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No