* My Skin - Normal, drier in the winter, occasional hormonal acne.
* Review Ė I am a fan of honey, I cleanse with it from time to time. Honey is economical, organic, all-natural and helps to gently clear out my pores. I am also a fan of the Nuxe brand and so I was curious to try this RÍve de Miel (dream of honey) cleanser. The price may seem high for a cleanser but there is a lot of product which lasts a long time so I do think it's an economical overall. The pump is easy to use, dispenses as little or as much as you want or need and the container is such that you can see exactly how much product is left at the end. I like that itís gentle but cleans well without drying or irritating the skin. It has a nice light gel texture, not too thick but not too thin nor too liquidy either. Itís also soap-free and almost totally organic, without any parabens whatsoever. Previously, I cleansed with Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream Cleanser by La Roche-Posay and while it is very good and gentle, itís not ideal for washing away makeup if youíre like me and are sometimes too lazy or tired to take that extra step to remove makeup at the end of a long night out. With the Toleriane cleanser, I always had to use a separate micellar cleanser to remove makeup beforehand. With this, I donít have to.
* Cons - I find that the RÍve de Miel scent in this cleanser is very strong and lingers longer than the hand cream and the lip balm in the same line by Nuxe. Personally, I would prefer the scent of this to be a little toned down and a little subtler.
* Price - A 200 ml pump bottle retails for about Ä11
* Verdict (updated 29 June 2012) - While I like this cleanser, I don't love it. I thought I would after after using it all up, but I don't. I will probably not repurchase this.
Like the rest of the "Reve de Miel" range this gel smells absolutely divine. Very sweet and not exactly honey but something really sweet and floral and tender...However, it left my skin so tight that I had to double-check the bottle - yes, it claims it is meant for dry skin but I strongly disagree. I do moisturize afterwards but there's really no need for a cleanser to be this harsh on sensitive skin.
I love the Nuxe skincare line, but this product is just meh. It performs as a very average gel cleanser. I do like how gentle it feels and that it does not foam up and leaves my face feeling clean. I have dry skin so it does leave it feeling a bit tight, but I immediately follow up with toner so it's not a big deal. The packaging is also great with a pump. The one thing I cannot stand is the heavy scent. It smells like sweet honey mixed with flowers, I think it would smell lovely if it were more subtle and toned down, but the scent is soooo heavy that I have to hold my breath when I'm washing my face. It gets a little nauseating sometimes. Would not repurchase.
Love this. Stumbled into the magical, upscale Walgreen's on Chicago's State Street and found this again. Glorious! I have oily skin that can break out if the wrong product is used, but I figure, I do well with raw honey mask/scrubs, so why not. Maybe this could impart the same even glow. First impression: it's a nice, thick consistency that lathers well, and the perfumed-honey scent is quite potent. Not unpleasant by any means, but if you're scent-sensitive, stay away.
It removes my makeup nicely. It has a bit if a bigger challenge with my silicone-based mattifier, but I usually wash twice in a row anyway. Rinses nicely, no feel of residue, and my face doesn't feel stripped of moisture. It does leave a nice even glow! If your skin is sensitive, you might steer clear. Even raw honey has been known to irritate or redden more sensitive skins. I'd give it a 5 if it were slightly cheaper and/or slightly less perfumed, but it's the best cleanser I've used in a while.
It's nice but not for me :(
I initially liked it but after 2 weeks my skin got dry in places and started flaking while at the same time i got few cystic pimples :( And cystic acne is not something my skin shows as a reaction to a new product.
I will try it again in the spring because during the winter my skin gets sensitive and dry-ish while oily in certain places.
I am not positive about this though!
EDIT: Works like a charm after I started using it again in warmer weather. Maybe my cystic pimples were due to stress? I have no idea since they continued showing for some time after I stopped using it and didn't occur again when I started using it again. My skin is combination - oily on the T zone, dry at the cheeks, sensitive, acne prone and evil so my struggle is to find something that doesn't cost a fortune, doesn't irritate it and keeps it under control and this comes at a close second to my Guerlain Secret de Purete without the hefty price tag so I will give it 4 stars now (not 5 since it is not perfect) and I will definitely buy it again as well as other products from this brand, hoping to get an even better result.
As with all Nuxe products it was love at first smell with this one!
It does a nice job of cleansing without irritating my skin.
The only reason I will not be repurchasing is because I am moving on to more organic products with minimal ingredients (although Nuxe is natural in its claims, it has many ingredients in this face wash - something I am trying to distance myself from). Still, I would be lying if I said I didn't love this cleanser.
I have been using this cleanser for a few weeks now and quite like it. I don't usually like facial products that smell sweet, but I like the smell even though it's sweet and quite strong. It has a gel consistency that's easy to apply. I use one and a half pumps for my whole face, but you could probably get by with one pump. It washes off nice and easy and makes my skin feel clean and fresh - no tightness or dryness. At £14 for 200 ml at lookfantastic.com I don't think it's very expensive, especially since it's a good quality cleanser. I was looking for a cleanser that is similar to my beloved Vaishaly Patel cleanser because that's just too expensive for me to purchase regularly. It's not as wonderful as that cleanser, but it's comparable and a lot cheaper so it's going to be my regular cleanser from now on. I've used tons of high end cleansers from Dermatology, Lancome, Decleor, Estee Lauder, Dr Haushka - this cleanser beats those.
I have my skin is very sensitive. This product has made him a bright and beautiful. But my skin got used to a little dried.
herbal gel, and the different smells
product in the form of gel and a very useful package.
My HG cleanser, after trying many!!! I just love anything Nuxe, and I'm sticking to this line of product because they are natural and they WORK!!! I tried some Burt's Bees products that are also natural but didn't do the trick for me.
So, the Nuxe Cleanser smells really good, has a nice texture, I don't mind the fact it doesn't foam. Dispenser works just nice, no need to undo a cap. I use it morning and night, and I do wear light makeup (foundation, mascara, blush,) it takes it all off without problems. It doesn't dry my skin, nor does it feel oily or greasy. It doesn't stain my eyes and it doesn't make my face red like so many other cleansers.
I repurchased already, a bottle lasts a long time.
Try the 3 Roses Toner after washing, it's heavenly!
It's a good cleanser, leaves skin rather soft without drying it out too much. It's not fantastic, but it's good.
But, I really don't like the smell of it. I usually don't mind scented products but the fragrance in this cleanser is way too strong. Sweet baby powder, very strong sweet baby powder.
I'll tough this bottle out but will not purchase again for this reason. Not for those who prefer light scents or no scent at all.