Nuxe Reve de Miel Face Gentle Cleansing Gel

4.1

Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Tea-Lauryl Sulfate, Triethanolamine, Mel (Honey) Extract, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Tilia Platyphyllos Extract, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Carbomer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum (Fragrance), Glyceryl Laurate, Sodium Propylparaben, Sodium Methylparaben, Pottasium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydrocetate, Sodium Chloryde, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Coumarin.

on 1/12/2013 8:35:00 AM

Love this for my dry skin, and love also that it's multipurpose! Works great for my face too!

on 11/19/2012 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very dry skin, but I'm in my early twenties and also still have a bit of hormonal acne. Finding cleansers that get in my pores, do their cleansing job, yet leave things in a softer, healthier condition than before is fairly difficult. The RÍve de Miel cleanser took some getting used to, but it's one of my favorites now.
It doesn't foam for me, but has a very concentrated gel feeling throughout the whole wash. It seems to wash away slightly milky, though, like an oil cleanser, and in many ways it reminds me of an oil cleanser in feel and technique (I do still use an actual oil beforehand if I'm wearing full-face makeup). I feel incredibly clean after washing, and nothing ever comes off on my toner pad. I had an outbreak festering when I first started using this but it went away very quickly, and I haven't had any real blemishes since.
At first I really resented the smell, as my sensitive skin usually gets really irritated by fragrance and this cleanser has a VERY strong perfume, but now I look forward to using it every day. Even my hands have a warm, floral-honey smell to them for a while afterward... and they're soft!

on 10/9/2012 8:51:00 PM

I have a little trial-sized tube that I've been milking for many months. I find myself occasionally craving the smell of this cleaner, which surprises me, because I don't often like honey-scented stuff. It does remove all my makeup, does not irritate my eyes, and rinses clean, but it does sometimes feel just a little drying. I'm seriously considering getting a full-size just so I can use it in the shower on my neck and decollete. I know, it's silly to have a special cleanser for one area, but I love the smell! Maybe I'll try their all-in-one facial and body cleansing gel instead.

I hate to be the lone voice of descent on this one, but Im not a huge fan of this stuff. It cleanses ok. Its not especially gentle but considerably better than most stuff on the market. But, it was the smell that completely killed it for me. I feel like I'm being assaulted with honey from african killer bees that have been fed a steady diet of baby powder. Don't get me wrong, if it was a miracle worker, I'd tough it out. But its an average cleanser and I'm only a mild masochist.

on 4/26/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* My Skin - Normal, drier in the winter, occasional hormonal acne.
* Review Ė I am a fan of honey, I cleanse with it from time to time. Honey is economical, organic, all-natural and helps to gently clear out my pores. I am also a fan of the Nuxe brand and so I was curious to try this RÍve de Miel (dream of honey) cleanser. The price may seem high for a cleanser but there is a lot of product which lasts a long time so I do think it's an economical overall. The pump is easy to use, dispenses as little or as much as you want or need and the container is such that you can see exactly how much product is left at the end. I like that itís gentle but cleans well without drying or irritating the skin. It has a nice light gel texture, not too thick but not too thin nor too liquidy either. Itís also soap-free and almost totally organic, without any parabens whatsoever. Previously, I cleansed with Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream Cleanser by La Roche-Posay and while it is very good and gentle, itís not ideal for washing away makeup if youíre like me and are sometimes too lazy or tired to take that extra step to remove makeup at the end of a long night out. With the Toleriane cleanser, I always had to use a separate micellar cleanser to remove makeup beforehand. With this, I donít have to.
* Cons - I find that the RÍve de Miel scent in this cleanser is very strong and lingers longer than the hand cream and the lip balm in the same line by Nuxe. Personally, I would prefer the scent of this to be a little toned down and a little subtler.
* Price - A 200 ml pump bottle retails for about Ä11
* Verdict (updated 29 June 2012) - While I like this cleanser, I don't love it. I thought I would after after using it all up, but I don't. I will probably not repurchase this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Like the rest of the "Reve de Miel" range this gel smells absolutely divine. Very sweet and not exactly honey but something really sweet and floral and tender...However, it left my skin so tight that I had to double-check the bottle - yes, it claims it is meant for dry skin but I strongly disagree. I do moisturize afterwards but there's really no need for a cleanser to be this harsh on sensitive skin.

on 3/28/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the Nuxe skincare line, but this product is just meh. It performs as a very average gel cleanser. I do like how gentle it feels and that it does not foam up and leaves my face feeling clean. I have dry skin so it does leave it feeling a bit tight, but I immediately follow up with toner so it's not a big deal. The packaging is also great with a pump. The one thing I cannot stand is the heavy scent. It smells like sweet honey mixed with flowers, I think it would smell lovely if it were more subtle and toned down, but the scent is soooo heavy that I have to hold my breath when I'm washing my face. It gets a little nauseating sometimes. Would not repurchase.

on 3/16/2012 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this. Stumbled into the magical, upscale Walgreen's on Chicago's State Street and found this again. Glorious! I have oily skin that can break out if the wrong product is used, but I figure, I do well with raw honey mask/scrubs, so why not. Maybe this could impart the same even glow. First impression: it's a nice, thick consistency that lathers well, and the perfumed-honey scent is quite potent. Not unpleasant by any means, but if you're scent-sensitive, stay away.

It removes my makeup nicely. It has a bit if a bigger challenge with my silicone-based mattifier, but I usually wash twice in a row anyway. Rinses nicely, no feel of residue, and my face doesn't feel stripped of moisture. It does leave a nice even glow! If your skin is sensitive, you might steer clear. Even raw honey has been known to irritate or redden more sensitive skins. I'd give it a 5 if it were slightly cheaper and/or slightly less perfumed, but it's the best cleanser I've used in a while.

on 12/1/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's nice but not for me :(
I initially liked it but after 2 weeks my skin got dry in places and started flaking while at the same time i got few cystic pimples :( And cystic acne is not something my skin shows as a reaction to a new product.
I will try it again in the spring because during the winter my skin gets sensitive and dry-ish while oily in certain places.
I am not positive about this though!
EDIT: Works like a charm after I started using it again in warmer weather. Maybe my cystic pimples were due to stress? I have no idea since they continued showing for some time after I stopped using it and didn't occur again when I started using it again. My skin is combination - oily on the T zone, dry at the cheeks, sensitive, acne prone and evil so my struggle is to find something that doesn't cost a fortune, doesn't irritate it and keeps it under control and this comes at a close second to my Guerlain Secret de Purete without the hefty price tag so I will give it 4 stars now (not 5 since it is not perfect) and I will definitely buy it again as well as other products from this brand, hoping to get an even better result.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As with all Nuxe products it was love at first smell with this one!
It does a nice job of cleansing without irritating my skin.
The only reason I will not be repurchasing is because I am moving on to more organic products with minimal ingredients (although Nuxe is natural in its claims, it has many ingredients in this face wash - something I am trying to distance myself from). Still, I would be lying if I said I didn't love this cleanser.