July 24, 2014 | 1981 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Donato350

I have extremely acne prone skin and this foundation is a life saver! It covers everything flawlessly. Furthermore, it is the only foundation that does not irritate my skin. It's so emollient that there is no need for a primer or moisturizer.

My application routine:
1) Spritz Mac Lightful Softening Lotion. (No primer, no moisturizer, just this hydrating toner only)
2) Spritz 187 stippling brush with water and apply the creme foundation onto the face with small circular motions.
3) Set with Mac blotting powder.

Result: No one will no you are wearing a full coverage foundation.

I wear nc20 in the creme foundation and medium dark in the blot powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

By far, the best full coverage foundation! I adore this product, and I wish I tried it sooner. I have an array of full coverage foundations, but they where all liquids & I felt that they simply didn't blend good enough, or the colour match was a bit off. I also had to mix a few foundations to get the desired coverage, shade & look I wanted- it was simply getting to bothersome. I was thrilled when MAC started carrying Pro Products on the regular site, as my local MAC Pro store is a 2 hour drive. I ordered this right away & fell in love. I simply put a few dabs of this on my face, blend with my Real Techniques Face brush or my hands & get wonderful, flawless coverage. All I do after is put a little Studio Finish Concealer here and there, and a lighter concealer to highlight under my eyes and I'm set. I also don't agree that this product is pretty much the Studio Finish Concealer in larger packaging. I have tried putting the SF concealer all over my face & it looks extremely heavy & cakey- the Full Coverage foundation glides on, and melts into your skin. There is another plus about this product, it looks very natural :) it looks heavier once set with powder, but by itself it literally looks like skin- so if you have normal skin & can get away without a setting powder, this product would be great for you. Its long lasting, and a little goes a long way as well- I also suggest using a damp beauty blender (or even one of those imitation one's) for a very natural coverage. I'm over the moon with this foundation!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Ninababy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love! You have to use this with a wet beauty blender or tapered kabuki ! Warm and damp! It blends perfectly if you do this. The finish is beautiful! The negative reviews have to be from people who just don't do it right. This is a beautiful makeup! I am super picky and it's my HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have pretty dry skin right now (not flakey, just tight) and I don't find this cakey at all. The only explanation I could have is that people are using too much; you really don't need to use much at all. I use this because I want to cover redness - not rosacea, just high coloring in my cheeks. I don't have acne so I can't speak for that, but this covers redness like a charm. You barely need to use any, it's fantastic! I find this waaaaay less cakey than other full coverage foundations like Colorstay which was awful for me.

I swipe a small amount on my cheeks and forehead and use a Sigma F84 to blend it out. Blends easily, looks natural, and lasts all day. Will definitely repurchase but I probably won't have to for awhile since you get a ton for your money and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So I heard this stuff was amazing from friends.... and of course gossmakeupartist is the one who basiacally sold this to me. So I purchased it online in nc35. It's a great color match for my skin. I am a sheer to medium coverage type of girl but this foundation is amazing. I use it with my beauty blender and sheer it out really nicely and it can be used as a concealor as wel. It's not cakey AT ALL! with the way I apply it. I feel that it looks like my own skin. It's a great amount of product for $31! 28 grams is a great deal. This will last me forever!! I will repurchase if I ever run out.

oh yea, and it doesnt make me break out! another plus

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Camaliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is thick, and can go on cakey. I find that a flat foundation brush does the trick. I wet my brush with fix + and I start with light strokes and work my way to fuller coverage on areas that need it. I have combination skin and this foundation stays on my face all day (I use a primer underneath it). I prefer to wear it in the winter months and I wouldn't recommend it in summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by arkindt

i want to love this soooo bad! im thinking it might work better in the summer. i bought this because i looove studio tech and this has almost three times the product for the same price. and since it's pro i figured it'd be nice. well, it's drying and so it settles in patches around my face. ugh. I've found that if i mix it with moisturizer it helps but then it makes it more shiny and takes away the matte finish. boo! it would be a great concealer like everyone else says. really a disappointment. FYI my skin is not typically dry. it's not oily either it's pretty normal.
UPDATE: my skin mustve been dry for some other reason when i first tried this. ive been using it again and i LOVE it. im so glad i retried this. it is actually super blendable! i would still recommend using moisturizer with this, and if your skin is super dry, im not going to say don't use this, but be careful. use sparingly on dry areas. i added a lippie for this update :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was a huge let down for me as this stuff is so thick, unblendable, and unforgiving. No matter what moisturizer, primer, and application techniques (fingers, sponges, brushes) I tried this always resulted in a hot and cakey mess. Way better full coverage foundations available on the market and this has already gone into my Back 2 MAC pile.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bough this expecting to use it was a foundation and didn't love it; it settled in the creases of my eyelids and in my chin dimple meaning by the end of the day I'd be as cakey as anything. So I abandoned it. Then about three months later I ran out of my Studio Sculpt concealer and so used this as s stop-gap til I could get to MAC; oh my god, this mightn't be a great foundation but it's a fantastic concealer, especailly if you've got oily skin or acne scarring.
Plus, being a foundation it literally lasts forever, as you only need a small amount of it to cover blemishes. Would definitely buy again to use as a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by tobermory12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is indeed full-coverage, following in the same tradition as a pancake or a stage grease paint, only with a much nicer formulation. I do have combination skin and I do use this product every day in the winter. The trick to application, as many have noted here, is to use a slightly-dampened wedge sponge and a light hand to dab and blend the product. I use this foundation mostly in the centre of my face to cover dark circles and redness, and blend with sponge to get a natural look. I have used this product to cover the multi-colored tattoo on my arm for a wedding. The results were okay, but that is due to me needing more shades of foundation and more time than i had. As with all cream/panstick/greasepaint type makeups, you have to set with powder. Will repurchase, but won't need to for awhile since a little goes a long way with this product.