MAC Full Coverage Foundation

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

on 12/14/2013 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this knowing that the darkest color nw50 would not work for me since i am nw55. It's too light for me to use as a foundation but EXCELLENT as a concealer. I use it for my super oily eye lids and my under eye circles and it brightens then up. you get a lot for your money.

on 10/22/2013 4:26:00 PM

So ok this gem of foundation was sitting in my kit unused for the longest time, I was recently cleaning out my cosmetics and stumbled upon it and thought to myself "hmm i really should start using this" so i put it in my every day cosmetic bag to try out one weekend to test it out (its been years since i used it on anyone, and never on myself) would it last a full day? would it break me out?
CUT to the review: I love it, its creamy and easy to blend many have already said how to apply i find that in a pinch my elf powder brush worked great! I used it slightly dampened and also dry depending on how much coverage i want. my skin looks great, not cakey it lasts all day and bonus it doesnt break me out (like most other MAC foundations do). It still doesnt cover my mutant melasma spots without looking like a corpse.
CONS: this takes a lot longer for me to apply because contouring is an absolute MUST with this foundation. So, its not an every day foundation for me but i'm glad i re-discovered it.
Also, sad face... i dropped this the VERY FIRST time i used it and it now does not close all the way, it hasnt dried out and hopefully won't.
The color also is just a tad too pale for me, i must be somewhere between an NC20 and NC25 in MAC foundations because one is too dark and one too pale. oh well.

Plus, This really looks great in photos!

on 10/9/2013 10:57:00 AM

I want to love this foundation so much, but I'm struggling.

I'm not sure if I'm applying it wrong, or if my skin type just isn't compatible or maybe it just hasn't lived up to my expectations.

I used my Real techniques Expert Face Brush, spritzed with a little water to sheer it out because it's so thick. It's easy to blend which is nice, but I don't find this full coverage at all! I've used much better high coverage foundations, such as Revlon Colourstay, for half the price. Saying that, you get a LOT of product for your money. 28 grams for £25 does make me feel slightly better.

This foundation wears off easily, is highly transferable and seems to separate on my skin before my eyes. I'm so disappointed because I love MAC so much.

There are some good things about this foundation though. It blends like a dream, the shade selection is brilliant, although I think I picked up a shade too light (NW10) so I'm thinking of mixing it with the Max Factor Creamy Touch foundation to even it out.

Also I've found that it really does settle into my under lines, emphasising them so much. By the end of the day half of it's worn off and it's made my dry skin flaky and my spots are still visible! But where my skin is in good condition, by my cheeks and jawline I really do look flawless, which raises the question is it just my skin causing me to be so disappointed by this foundation? I've also found this foundation quite drying, especially when I use it with my Elf Studio HD Powder.

The packaging is nice, compact and modern. Exactly what you expect from MAC. It's sturdy and reliable.

I still have hope for this foundation, so I will continue on trying to make it work for me, I am determined to love it!

EDIT:

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. I don't think I moisturised well enough before hand with this foundation when I first reviewed it, and also the color match was off. But now I mix it with a tiny amount of a darker foundation (Maybelline Superstay) and just..... wow.

Lasts all day, as long as you set it right. Minimal transfer, absolutely zero oxidisation.

I apply from the center of my face outwards and buff it in really well with the RT Expert face brush.

Love it, and I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 9/30/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great as a spot concealer, it will cover it amazingly well and make it invisible like its not even there but as a full face foundation would never use it, this product is way too heavy and hard to blend it drags when u blend with ur fingers, it leaves marks if u use a sponge or streaks if u use a brush theres no way around it and i dont even have dry skin but yes definitely spot concealer under my bb cream.

on 9/19/2013 10:11:00 AM

EDIT:
I had been using (and loving) this for about 6 months and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. It covered beautifully, was the perfect colour match and was just a dream to use. But I had noticed the product itself was getting really greasy looking in the day (literally there would be a layer of oil sitting on the top) which was translating to my face as a few hours after wearing it, my face would be SO OILY. This really wasn't good for my sensitive skin so I switched to Clinique's oil free 'Stay Matte' foundation and have got rid of this horrible hot mess.

___

I bought this because I was so impressed by Studio Finish concealer. I bought Studio Fix foundation once and hated it so much I swore I'd never buy Mac again. But after buying endless foundations (Revlon Colorstay, EL Double Wear, numerous Bourjois ones) I decided I wanted to break free from foundation and just use concealer on my skin to try and get it near-perfect. Studio Fix concealer worked a treat - it's very cream, extremely pigmented and you get a lot of product for the price. I have no complaints with it at all, it has transformed my skin.

I went all the way to Soho in London to get this (only store in the UK you can get it as it's a 'PRO' item) and was extremely pleased when I purchased it. Got it home and found it's not actually as good as Studio Finish concealer though!! Don't get me wrong, it's good... it's just not AS good. People who say the 2 products are the same are wrong. Studio Finish concealer is creamier and easier to work with. The full cover is slightly trickier and more matte. It still gives a wonderful, full cover look which you can build up but I doubt I'll repurchase. I would buy Studio Finish concealer 'til the day I die though!!!

For reference, I am NC20 in both this and Studio Finish concealer (Revlon Colorstay I am Buff, ELDW I am Bone and Bourjois I am Vanilla)

on 9/13/2013 12:39:00 PM

Don't believe the hype around this product. You can achieve a more natural finish and the same coverage with foundations like Studio Fix Fluid and Revlon Colorstay. I think this is good as a spot concealer but that's all. Oh, and yes, no matter how you apply it (damp sponge, warm product, stippling brush, fingers) it will look cakey. If you sheer it out a bit it will still look powdery. People saying that it's not cakey are probably those same people you see at MAC with a full on clown face and blind about it. If you wanna buy this as a bulk inexpensive Studio Finish concealer go ahead, but as a foundation there are much better options out there. I can see this being a great foundation for photography, when usually the cakeyness is removed from the skin in post-processing softwares like Photoshop, but it's definitely not for daily use.

on 7/24/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this when I read the reviews. Oh so disappointing. I have very oily skin and this just gets so cakey. I got NC15 and its a little pale but that might just be because its summer. Will not be buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this a few weeks ago in NC15 and in white. I got the NC15 for everyday and the white for a dress up party in which I was going as Snow White.
First things first, I don't like it. However, I wanted to finish it up before buying another foundation (I hate waste!) So I eventually found a way that makes it look better (but still bad) on my skin.
Method:It is using my fingers to stripe the product onto the different areas of my face (forehead, cheeks, chin, jawline), then blending it all together with my Dior full coverage liquid foundation brush in a circular motion.
However, I do not like it. Firstly, I have very small pores, but this made them look larger. Even having just applied it, it looks patchy...3 hours later it looks awful on the skin, cakey and patchy...Its definitely not second skin. Transferability was high. I had to powder this heavily which exasperated the caked look.
Coverage was high, but I'd rather not wear foundation than use such an atrocious product!

I bought this a few weeks ago at the NZ Mac store for $70, which is the most ive ever paid for a foundation but my all time favorite makeup guru Gossmakeupartist recommended it. This is DEFINITELY a full coverage foundation and you really dont have to use that much. I just blend in with a standard foundation brush. I was given NC20 but think i am more suited to a NC15. I think this product breaks me out though, which makes me sad because its such a good foundation! Although it is waxed based therefore sits on the skin rather than sinks in. I would re purchase :)

on 5/11/2013 2:31:00 AM

I have extremely acne prone skin and this foundation is a life saver! It covers everything flawlessly. Furthermore, it is the only foundation that does not irritate my skin. It's so emollient that there is no need for a primer or moisturizer.

My application routine:
1) Spritz Mac Lightful Softening Lotion. (No primer, no moisturizer, just this hydrating toner only)
2) Spritz 187 stippling brush with water and apply the creme foundation onto the face with small circular motions.
3) Set with Mac blotting powder.

Result: No one will no you are wearing a full coverage foundation.

I wear nc20 in the creme foundation and medium dark in the blot powder.

Popular Crème Foundations