April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So I heard this stuff was amazing from friends.... and of course gossmakeupartist is the one who basiacally sold this to me. So I purchased it online in nc35. It's a great color match for my skin. I am a sheer to medium coverage type of girl but this foundation is amazing. I use it with my beauty blender and sheer it out really nicely and it can be used as a concealor as wel. It's not cakey AT ALL! with the way I apply it. I feel that it looks like my own skin. It's a great amount of product for $31! 28 grams is a great deal. This will last me forever!! I will repurchase if I ever run out.

oh yea, and it doesnt make me break out! another plus

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Camaliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is thick, and can go on cakey. I find that a flat foundation brush does the trick. I wet my brush with fix + and I start with light strokes and work my way to fuller coverage on areas that need it. I have combination skin and this foundation stays on my face all day (I use a primer underneath it). I prefer to wear it in the winter months and I wouldn't recommend it in summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by arkindt

i want to love this soooo bad! im thinking it might work better in the summer. i bought this because i looove studio tech and this has almost three times the product for the same price. and since it's pro i figured it'd be nice. well, it's drying and so it settles in patches around my face. ugh. I've found that if i mix it with moisturizer it helps but then it makes it more shiny and takes away the matte finish. boo! it would be a great concealer like everyone else says. really a disappointment. FYI my skin is not typically dry. it's not oily either it's pretty normal.
UPDATE: my skin mustve been dry for some other reason when i first tried this. ive been using it again and i LOVE it. im so glad i retried this. it is actually super blendable! i would still recommend using moisturizer with this, and if your skin is super dry, im not going to say don't use this, but be careful. use sparingly on dry areas. i added a lippie for this update :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was a huge let down for me as this stuff is so thick, unblendable, and unforgiving. No matter what moisturizer, primer, and application techniques (fingers, sponges, brushes) I tried this always resulted in a hot and cakey mess. Way better full coverage foundations available on the market and this has already gone into my Back 2 MAC pile.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bough this expecting to use it was a foundation and didn't love it; it settled in the creases of my eyelids and in my chin dimple meaning by the end of the day I'd be as cakey as anything. So I abandoned it. Then about three months later I ran out of my Studio Sculpt concealer and so used this as s stop-gap til I could get to MAC; oh my god, this mightn't be a great foundation but it's a fantastic concealer, especailly if you've got oily skin or acne scarring.
Plus, being a foundation it literally lasts forever, as you only need a small amount of it to cover blemishes. Would definitely buy again to use as a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by tobermory12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is indeed full-coverage, following in the same tradition as a pancake or a stage grease paint, only with a much nicer formulation. I do have combination skin and I do use this product every day in the winter. The trick to application, as many have noted here, is to use a slightly-dampened wedge sponge and a light hand to dab and blend the product. I use this foundation mostly in the centre of my face to cover dark circles and redness, and blend with sponge to get a natural look. I have used this product to cover the multi-colored tattoo on my arm for a wedding. The results were okay, but that is due to me needing more shades of foundation and more time than i had. As with all cream/panstick/greasepaint type makeups, you have to set with powder. Will repurchase, but won't need to for awhile since a little goes a long way with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been curious about this foundation for quite a while now but it took Wayne Goss (makeup artist) to push me over the edge, and I'm quite glad he did. I really like how even my skin looks with this, when set with a neutral translucent powder. My skin is normal/combo and seems to tolerate it surprisingly well. It does need a little re-powdering half way through the day (depending on how warm or humid it gets). At first I was at a bit of a loss as to how to apply this. It's quite hard to the touch and not very smooth and creamy, so I'll either use a damp beauty blender type sponge (I use the MAC one) or I'll use a foundation brush first and then blend with the damp sponge, which really helps with the finish. If you're not enthused about the finish with a brush, DO try it with a sponge. It's also rather weird, given all the laments about MAC foundations breaking people out, that this does not exacerbate a minor rash that I've had for years on either side of my nose. In fact, the rash seems to shrink or almost disappear when I wear this. Strange, but I won't complain. I'm still experimenting a little with this but so far it's definitely a keeper for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by paniz1372

I used it for about 2-3 years. It gave me acne. It also gave acne to my friends when they bought this product. It is too heavy. it showed lines on my face. Even though I was 15 it made my skin look like a 40 year old's skin. Also, it would always transfer to my shirts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by gvmullins

This is the same product as their studio finish concealer, only without spf. So, treat it as such. I happen to LOVE it. I'm saving a ton of money by buying this - its HUGE and only like $10 more expensive than that tiny little pot you get with the concealer. I use it mostly as a concealer, but times I want a heavier look (stage, dark lighting) I use it more generously. It's heavy, it's full coverage, and it's not messing around. Amazing product. Use it properly, or you'll probably end up writing a bad review which I think is the case with most of these reviews here. Ask a consultant!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is so hard getting pale enough base shades to suit very fair skin. This comes in a really pale shade W10 which is good for fair skin. As a foundation I find this pricey and very, very thick coverage. But if blended very, very well it makes a good concealer and the compact lasts much longer than a regular sized concealer. I find I go through concealers so fast! They only annoying thing is they have made this product hard to source by only putting it in Pro stores. *sniff* They've made it too much effort to get hold of!