April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by CamiChicken

I'm surprised how so many people had issues with this sunblock, I have SUPER OILY SKIN and this worked good for me !

Once you apply it it might leave a little bit of shine, I wouldn't say its completely matte because it's not., I think I can't ask for a sunblock completely oil-free, light weigh, matte because sunblocks are supposed to have a lot of chemicals to protect our skin, and for a drugstore and cheap product like this one i think I get enough, I'm pleased :)

Also, I feel it very light on my face (unless I apply too much) !
and It protects from UV A and UV B rays which is amazing :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I use this sunblock on my face everyday and really, really like it. It doesn't clog my pores and as it claims ,leaves me with a very 'dry touch' finish. I noticed a lot of people said that it does not dry into their skin and I noticed that in order to get the dry finish, you need to apply it to clean skin. The reason I gave the product 4 stars instead of 5 is because it does not have an 'ultra light-weight' feel and is difficult to blend. If you can see past that error, it is a good sunblock.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by huffle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This sunscreen is not oily like a lot of sunscreens and does not feel heavy at all. Did not give me any noticeable breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by jooelze

This is a good sunscreen. It can leave my skin looking a bit greasy and shinny, but it is strong overall. It is also one of the only daily sunscreen I have found with such a high spf. The container is small, but it lasts a long time (one container lasts months for me), and it is cheap.
I think that it might make me break out a little, so I make sure I wash it off every night. Of course, everything I put on my face makes me break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by winrycool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It was the only new product i used,it not only broke me out,it spoilt my skin for good,and it wasnt that cheap,its a waste of money and it doesnt even feel that light anyway.If you have sensitive skin keep away from it else you'll regret it for good.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by car0lxne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this sunscreen for a week, I got a stinging rash all over my face. After the rash was gone my eczema flaired up. The suncreen was the only new product I was using, so this product was the reason my skin was flaring up. This suncreen also rolls off when I tried to rub it in. Double Grrr!
I also researched the ingredients and according to the state of California, two of the ingredients cause cancer! Ironic right?

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product about a month ago. I like the matte-finish that this sunscreen gives, but it broke me out and gave me horrible clogs along my hair line. I really wanted to like this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by izyana

Unsuitable for my skin type which is sensitive. I got red marks that looked like rash around my eye area which took several weeks to clear. My eye area was very dry after using this product. I definitely do not recommend this to those who have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The main reason I like this sunscreen is it's "Helioplex" formulation. This is the best kind of sunsreen (except La Roche-Posey "Anthelios.") available because: It maintains it's screening of the "A" rays which are more damaging than the "B" rays. The "A: rays penetrate the skin more deeply and cause long term damage (even cancers) that doesn't show up right away, such as a burn ("B" Rays.) The damage shows up years sometimes decades after exposure. We've heard the term "broadspectrum" which is suppose to mean sreening against both ray types although their "A" ray potection fades and does so rapidly, unlike their "B" Ray protection. I think it has a relatively light feel to it (for facial use) a dryish sort of touch, but, it certainly is not the driest/least oily sunsreen I've ever used. I don't care because it is a superior sunscreen to those which are alcohol based and hence very dry as they contain no emmolients whatsoever. Neutrogena uses Silica to give this more of a dry touch within the emmolient formula. I'm not sure "Helioplex" and the superior "A" Ray sceening you get from it can be used within a non-emolient base. There's another way of going which you may like better for facial use: Neutrogena's "Ultra Sheer Liquid" daily sunblock 1.4 ounces, SPF 70. This comes in a much smaller bottle and you literally use dops of this for facial skin. This maybe applied to bare skin and follow with your serum, moisturizer and then makeup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have combination skin that tends to be more oily during the summer (I tried this sunblock during the summer), so I was looking for a sunblock with relatively high SPF that was oil-free. This sunblock doesn't claim to be oil-free, but it was the "Dry-Touch" phrase that caught my attention.
This sunblock is NOT dry the touch at all! In fact, it made my face extremely oily and shiny, and it felt like a thick layer of goo all over my body (despite its "Ultra Sheer" name).
The only reason why I'm not rating this 1 lippie is because it stayed put in my swimming pool (it's supposed to be waterproof), and it protected my skin. Also, it's supposed to be non-comedogenic (won't clog pores). It didn't clog my pores, but then again, I only used this product a handful of times inconsistently, so I wouldn't know.
But to be honest, I don't think that this is even worth a trip to the drugstore and the $9.49 price tag.
For those of you concerned about the ingredients, I've listed the ingredients below for your convenience.
Would I repurchase? No.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8%, Oxybenzone 6%
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2 6 Naphthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Trideceth 6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance