October 25, 2014 | 1743 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Mary Kay - Timewise Firming Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is too heavy for my eye area, caused several millia after only a couple of days of use. It felt nice on and was very emollient but just too rich for me. I gave it to my mom who is in her late 50's, I'll see if she likes it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by slfoos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't think you should be applying eye cream near your lash line!
Pat a bead of this together between your ring fingers, start applying at the outer corner of the eye and continue under the eye along the bone and up the sides of the nose and under the brow if you wish. Continue to pat into skin. It will absorb and move toward the eye on its own.

I don't know if this product will do anything over the long term - but it absorbs easily and does not make my eyes water like the Origins nightamins does. It's not glossy or sticky once on.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bknight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the pump and the fact that it is fragrance free. However, had the same watery eye / slight stinging / itching issues that everyone else did. It's darn thick - definitely have to pat and not tug. It seems to actually work pretty well on the lines though! Nothing miraculous, but there is a noticeable difference. On the fence :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lot of the issues I see here with this product are due to application error. So, for starters, all you need is a bit the size of the tip on an eraser (maybe even less) on your ring finger (which is your weakest finger and will help not tug on your delicate eye skin thus creating MORE wrinkles). Take your ring finger and touch your other ring finger so you have a small amount of product on each one. Now gently tap, don't rub, the product on the skin under your eyes. Not your eyelids, not your tear duct area, but just under your eye where you'd normally see lines and wrinkles gently working your way out to the crows feet area. If you do this, you don't get the itchy, burning eye sensation. Ok, as for my review of the product, I LOVE IT! I don't really have crow's feet, but I do have lines from thin skin under my eyes. They begin near the tear duct and line out from there. I have large "apple-y" cheeks that squish my eyes when I smile and so overtime, these lines have deepened and I have to be very careful not to put powder anywhere near there or it totally accentuated them. Then add to it I wear glass which MAGNIFY them! Ugh! So this cream has been a God-send. It it velvety smooth, you need very, very little of it, and it's fabulous. I won't use anything else. I use the entire Timewise line, including the Matte Wear foundation and I swear by it. I'm even considering becoming a consultant not only for the discount, but because I believe in the products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too noticed stinging when I get this product too close to my lashline. I didn't notice great moisturization or a difference in my eye area. It also makes my eyes feel itchy in the morning. This is a petroleum based moisturizer, a small amt for $30, I guess so they can make you think it works. I've been using Arbonne's RE9 cream and it works so much better for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by pliegl

For me this was too strong. I'm 32, have small lines under my eyes, my mom is in her 60's...for me it was bad, so I thought it might work well for her. Not so much...from our experience it is much too strong, especially for around the eyes.

Also - had a slight itching reaction after using it just once, on our eyes. Very uncomfortable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 4 months now so I feel like I can give a pretty thorough review now. First off, the packaging is quite nice. I really like the pump-very sanitary and easy to use. The bad part is it's hard to see how much is in the container so you can predict when you need a tube. I haven't finished the product (so it obviously last quite a while) so I don't know if you can get all the product out at the end.
As for price, I got mine at about half price on amazon, which is the only way I buy Mary Kay. I refuse to use Ebay-I feel it can be unsafe as Ebay dose a terrible job of protecting buyers. Also at $30, this cream I feel is too expensive/over priced so I wouldn't pay full price. But, you can't always get it at a good price, with shipping, from amazon so it's kind of a pain.
As for the product itself. At first I really loved it. It was moisturizing, which is all I really want my eye creams to do. I don't really have lines or get very puffy or have dark circles. I just need a good basic moisturizing/preventative type of eye cream. I like thicker ones because I feel they are more moisturizing-the gel ones feel like water to me. Anyway, so it was moisturizing. It works well under makeup and I was overall pretty happy with it. But then I got a give very persistent seedy thing on my eyelid, which is frustrating. That was kind of my fault because I wanted to see if it would work for my eyelid too-so don't use this on your eyelids! Then it started stinging my eyes. I didn't think I got it in my eyes so maybe I'm getting sensitive to it.
Anyway, so in the end, I think it's an okay eye cream. I have already found one better so I won't repurchase. I feel that for the price you can get a much better and easier to come by eye cream. Keep in mind, I could not test the anti-wrinkle and such properties because I have no real problems yet in that area. This was purely an attempt to find a thicker, more moisturizing cream, which it was.
FYI I'm currently loving Clinique's All About Eyes RICH.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really shouldn't have strayed from my Shiseido Benefiance 'Serum" (really a cream) even if this is cheaper. I didn't find it moisturizing even! It didn't even go on well under makeup, I just plain didn't like it.

And on top of that I got a PIMPLE on my eye area! I wonder if this has silicones in it or something... weird!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Kiruby82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this eye cream after seeing all these good reviews here... But honestly i don't see any improvement at all in my fine lines, dry skin around the eyes, puffiness, etc, etc and i have been using it for 6 months... actually i've noticed that my fine lines have become more obvious, maybe cause of the cream, maybe not... who knows. Also, the cream makes my eyes water a lot and red, like burning... not a good thing :(
I give it 2 lippies cause i like the pump packaging and it's an ok moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Jassmin

This cream is very thick - almost paste-like. A little bit goes a very long way. I noticed that after using it my eyes slightly burned and watered, and it left a tacky feeling on my skin. I can't speak of any results, because I will not be using it again due to the consistency, and also to the way it made my eyes feel.