Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Age Defying - Liquid

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (5%) , Octinoxate (2%) Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane , Water (eau), Glycerin , Cyclomethicone , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Diethylhexyl Carbonate , Niacinamide , Sodium Chloride , Acetyl Glucosamine , Talc , Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 , PEG-100 Stearate , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone , Dimethicone , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract , Disodiium EDTA , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Benzyl Alcohol , Methicone , Aluminum Hydroxide , PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Methylparaben , Allantoin , Propylparaben , Ethylparaben , Fragrance Parfum , Iron Oxides

on 4/28/2013 12:39:00 AM

This foundation really reminds so much of the fragrance free foundation CG discontinued in the Clean makeup line. Frankly, I'm not sure I can find any difference. I am using the same Natural Ivory shade, and I compared it with the discontinued Clean makeup; the shades were exactly the same, as well as the texture.
This makeup moisturizes well, and the coverage is medium. The makeup itself seems very thin when you pump it from the bottle, but don't let that fool you! It really helps my lines, and with a little powder gives a very wonderful finish. If you like the fragrance free Cover Girl makeup that is reviewed on here, with very good ratings - you might like this:)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I did not like this product. I am not a big fan of Cover Girl but after reading all the great reviews for this product, I had to try it. The colors were very pink and none came close to matching my fair, olive skin. This is pretty typical of CV to me. I have never found a shade that came close to matching my skin. The shades lean toward chalky and pink.
The closest was an Ivory shade and it was too pale and gave my skin an ashy looking cast. The formula was thick and went on nicely but set to a dull sheen. It also made my face look bumpy. Perhaps it filled in my pores like Bondo. I don't have any bumps on my face. I am also no a fan of the cloying scent that was a bit lemon with a hint of green tea scent.
The only redeeming features of this product were the pump top and the moderate to full coverage. I would not buy this product as I don't want to look like I am wearing an colored bumpy mask on my face. I also would not recommend this product.

on 1/17/2013 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Pros: Moisturizing, line smoothing, evens skin tone, buffs imperfections, feels great on the skin.
Cons: Changes color, darkens, low spf.
It would be perfect if they fixed the cons, errrr.

on 9/5/2012 2:11:00 PM

Having used many foundations over the years, this is one of the few I've purchased multiple times. I use 135 and a combination of 140. More toward the 140 larger full pump plunge in the summer (warmer/darker tone). Not often do people comment on my foundation but say "really, it's not that I'm noticing it, it's just it look very natural and even toned, moisturized but not shiny." A compliment. Honest. ;-) No fragrance. Lasting long on the face. Looks good from the undereyes all the way down to a nice blend out on the neck. Love the light texture but medium coverage. Really evens skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't usually expect too much from cover girl, but this foundation really is great. The texture itself doesn't feel the way other foundations do. It's as if you're applying a face cream or moisturizer instead of a foundation. It is not sticky or wet, and blends beautifully. I would definitely recommend this to people who cannot go out and buy expensive makeup brands. This one does the trick for a reasonable price. Love love love love.

on 8/19/2012 8:37:00 PM

This product was great.. EXCEPT FOR THE SMELL. It has a heavy scent that made me feel icky while applying it. The smell does go away but I just really hated it initially. The coverage is great, thought. "Classic Ivory" is a slightly darker in this formula than in the other CG foundation products, so be aware of that. It's a bit heavier/thicker than, say, the CG Clean foundation. It did look good on my skin but was just heavier than I usually like. If fragrance doesn't bother you and you want really good coverage, go for it!

on 8/15/2012 4:37:00 PM

I have no idea how other people are applying this foundation, but I find it nearly impossible to apply a thin layer. Way too heavy texture, and looks very unnatural. No go for me

on 7/4/2012 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My HG foundation, and I have tried tons and tons of other brands. Full coverage, mositurizing, stays all day, no flakes and decent on large pores. am a NW 20 and use #125. Because it is so moisturizing, I don't use lotion underneath during the summer. Oh and during the day if I see a spot come thru, I can touch up easily and it doesn't get cakey.

Edit: I went back for the #110 shade. As I am just a bit paler this year. It is still my HG- Great for covering my pores and coverage. Just a tad bit shiney at the end of the day, but little blotting fixes it. Still great for touching up too.

Aah - a cheap thrill! I usually buy my makeup at Sephora, but this is just as good!! It is like the Olay Regenerist Serum with color. Buff Beige is a great neutral color for NW20-NW25 people. It has lots of silicones, so it smooths wrinkles and pores and leaves a matte (but not powdery) finish. It has light coverage, but can be built up to medium. It only has SPF 10, but 5% titanium dioxide, which is more than alot of my creams with SPF 15 contain. It is light enough that you can apply a little more of this as well to up the SPF protection. Pump packaging which is great! Goes on like silk and requires little blending. Washes off easily (unlike the colorstay type of makeup). No irritation or breakouts and it has niacinamide, which is great for keeping my skin calm. As good as Nars tinted moisturizer for a quarter of the price!!

on 4/4/2012 9:38:00 PM

I was surprised at the low rating of this foundation. It has a real nice creamy texture and blends incredibly well. It is a sheer to light coverage that doesn't settle into lines, pores or wrinkles and gives my skin a beautiful radiant finish. I get no shiny t zone, it doesn't oxidize on me and lasts all day.