La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face

3.4

Water, Cyclomethicone, Octyldodecyl Octyldodecanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trifluoromethyl C1-4 Alkyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Algae Extract, Malt Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lactobacillus Ferment, Polyglucuronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Ulva Lactuca Extract, Glycine, Arginine, Methionine, Caviar Extract, Polysilicone-11, Glyceryl Stearate, Petrolatum, Steareth-2, Butylene Glycol, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ethoxydiglycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Algae) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Lactic Acid, Laureth-7, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, BHT, Triethanolamine, Phospholipids, Mica, Fragrance, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol, Citral, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5

on 10/12/2009 2:56:00 AM

I take my skincare routine very seriously and I must question La Prairie's rationale of putting glitter in their cream. I know some day creams have a slight shimmer to make your skin look more luminous, but this is marketed to be an anti-aging treatment. And I'm not talking micro-fine shimmer, after application I looked in the mirror and saw random specs of what looked like glitter cream from Claire's. When I looked on their website it says the active ingredient is Alpha Hydroxy. For $400? Are they nuts? I'd rather buy a handful of magic beans. They must really think consumers are idiots. If you want good skincare with active ingredients go to Skincarerx.com, check out brands like IS Clinical, Skinceuticals, etc. I'm fed up with this skincare as a posh luxury item trend. How far are they going to take this gimmick? I can't wait for the day when I see a $5,000 face cream packaged in Lalique crystal. All ladies want to look their best and have nice skin, and I think it's highly inappropriate for companies to exploit them for that. If you want results and don't mind spending the money, go to a good dermatologist and do Fraxel, IPL, and the like.

In conclusion, I think La Prairie is a sham of a company and I'll probably never give them another shot.

on 8/7/2009 9:29:00 AM

After using a sample of Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for only a few days I developed a huge 2 folicle zit. I'm well past the age where I have break outs! I'm still dealing with it and it appears it's going to scar. What is in this stuff that could cause that? Other reviewers have apparently had the same problem. I never had a problem with Chanel Sublimage and have gone back to it. I do, however, like La Prairie Caviar foundation, so there is something in the moisturizer that isn't in the foundation.

on 5/16/2009 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is amazzzzzzzzzzing. My skin felt like a baby's bottom even after the first night I used it. It was very moisturizing for my skin and didn't feel greasy at all. My complexion was more even while I used this cream and even in the winter time I never saw a single dry patch. I loved everything about this cream except for the hefty price tag.

on 5/11/2009 1:51:00 AM

OK---

I was given a sample which is pretty large of this cream, the sample lasted me a week.
I then went back and got another sample for another week.

WOW
Amazing amazing amazing, it totally hydrates my skin in such amazing way, no shiny or oily feel afterwards, even after 5 hours my skin feels supple.
after 8 hours my skin feels great, however I have to wash my face after a long day of work and crazy free radicals. I use chanel gel cleanser and right after I put caviar luxe cream on my face before i go to bed. I got the full size jar and I love how my skin looks bright, radiant, feels supple like never before!
I am addicted to this and the way it smells

on 3/6/2009 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Personally I have never tried this creme (I am only 18) but my mother and coworker are both completely obsessed with it. The reason I decided to write a review is because my mom and my coworker have entire different skin type (mom-super dry, coworker-comination/oily) but they both have found salvation in this creme.

Truth be told, it may be overpriced, but both think it is worth the money in the long run. Their skin feels elastic and soft, and there is a significant difference in both their appearances.

If you are thinking about this product, see if you can test it (that is what my coworker did).

Hope this helped!

on 2/2/2009 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This luscious cream goes on velvety smooth upon application onto the skin, i really like the initial effects, it makes my skin so soft, so pampered and hydrated, it has some brightening effects too. enjoying this cream is similar to enjoying a lush fine bar of chocolate, it really makes you swoon, but once the bar is done then no swooning no more, as it is with this cream, after an hour or two the hydration stops, once this cream is totally absorbs by my skin the positive benefits stopped there. I feel no hydration anymore and my skin feels quite dry again. Well, perhaps it is just my skin, I have a very dry skin and perhaps no matter how expensive and luxurious this creme is it is still not enough to appease and please my skin for a very long time. Nevertheless, I would still like to continue with this product (given the chance)because I really enjoyed its initial special effects on my skin. the only gripe is the price it is insanely expensive, so it is going to be very defficult if not impossible for me to avail of this again. I will always welcome this in swaps though.

on 10/4/2008 1:09:00 PM

I bought the Caviar Luxe Eye cream and I was very happy with the result I've got with the eye cream. I decided to try Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face, and oh my god!!!! After using it for 2 days, I have had terrible breakout of red groups of bumps all over my face; it is the worst breakout of my entire life! My face has become extremely dehydrated since then. It's been over a month that I stopped using it; my face is getting a bit better, but those red groups of bumps are going to scar. My face is still very dehydrated, and I still cannot find any cream to recover this.

on 6/30/2008 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am 33, and suddenly small creases and lines became evident.
I tried treatments (peels, microdermabrasion, and other expensive facials) and LOTS of creams. I also tried several LP products - all which looked great in the store, and then several hours later did nothing. This cream is fantastic for those of us in our 30's-40's with fine lines, a few wrinkles and whose skin is generally more dry (obviously!).

If you have oily or combination skin - I would guess other products would be better for you.....

So far the concealer (in a pen) has also been fantastic, but I am still working on a nice eye cream that stays moist. So far the smart eye cream, radience, and anti aging were not good. I am going to try the caviar for eyes....next.

on 2/7/2008 3:58:00 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with a previous reviewer that said this was the worst smelling cream ever. Initially you think it's OK, but you are just lured into a false sense of security. It is the most pungent, cloying, overpowering perfumed smell that I have ever had the misfortune to sniff. Usually, a face cream when applied, will have a certain scent, which then fades away - not in this case. You may as well just not bother putting on any perfume because you won't be able to smell it. In fact, you won't be able to smell anything around you other than this pernicious, invasive, overwhelming face cream. Whether it works or not, I have no idea really. I did my best with it, due to the price, but in the end I chucked it out - I really could not stand it.

on 1/11/2008 11:28:00 AM

This as a very overpriced "old" moisturizer.
Who would want to use a computer from the 80s when you can get a mobile phone with better RAM capacity today!
You can do better with picking up an Estee Lauder moisturizer and get better anti-oxidant and moisturizing effect! For a fraction of the price!

Popular Moisturizers