December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Moisturizers - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazzzzzzzzzzing. My skin felt like a baby's bottom even after the first night I used it. It was very moisturizing for my skin and didn't feel greasy at all. My complexion was more even while I used this cream and even in the winter time I never saw a single dry patch. I loved everything about this cream except for the hefty price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by betto182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK---

I was given a sample which is pretty large of this cream, the sample lasted me a week.
I then went back and got another sample for another week.

WOW
Amazing amazing amazing, it totally hydrates my skin in such amazing way, no shiny or oily feel afterwards, even after 5 hours my skin feels supple.
after 8 hours my skin feels great, however I have to wash my face after a long day of work and crazy free radicals. I use chanel gel cleanser and right after I put caviar luxe cream on my face before i go to bed. I got the full size jar and I love how my skin looks bright, radiant, feels supple like never before!
I am addicted to this and the way it smells

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Personally I have never tried this creme (I am only 18) but my mother and coworker are both completely obsessed with it. The reason I decided to write a review is because my mom and my coworker have entire different skin type (mom-super dry, coworker-comination/oily) but they both have found salvation in this creme.

Truth be told, it may be overpriced, but both think it is worth the money in the long run. Their skin feels elastic and soft, and there is a significant difference in both their appearances.

If you are thinking about this product, see if you can test it (that is what my coworker did).

Hope this helped!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This luscious cream goes on velvety smooth upon application onto the skin, i really like the initial effects, it makes my skin so soft, so pampered and hydrated, it has some brightening effects too. enjoying this cream is similar to enjoying a lush fine bar of chocolate, it really makes you swoon, but once the bar is done then no swooning no more, as it is with this cream, after an hour or two the hydration stops, once this cream is totally absorbs by my skin the positive benefits stopped there. I feel no hydration anymore and my skin feels quite dry again. Well, perhaps it is just my skin, I have a very dry skin and perhaps no matter how expensive and luxurious this creme is it is still not enough to appease and please my skin for a very long time. Nevertheless, I would still like to continue with this product (given the chance)because I really enjoyed its initial special effects on my skin. the only gripe is the price it is insanely expensive, so it is going to be very defficult if not impossible for me to avail of this again. I will always welcome this in swaps though.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by k139

I bought the Caviar Luxe Eye cream and I was very happy with the result I've got with the eye cream. I decided to try Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face, and oh my god!!!! After using it for 2 days, I have had terrible breakout of red groups of bumps all over my face; it is the worst breakout of my entire life! My face has become extremely dehydrated since then. It's been over a month that I stopped using it; my face is getting a bit better, but those red groups of bumps are going to scar. My face is still very dehydrated, and I still cannot find any cream to recover this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by dduby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 33, and suddenly small creases and lines became evident.
I tried treatments (peels, microdermabrasion, and other expensive facials) and LOTS of creams. I also tried several LP products - all which looked great in the store, and then several hours later did nothing. This cream is fantastic for those of us in our 30's-40's with fine lines, a few wrinkles and whose skin is generally more dry (obviously!).

If you have oily or combination skin - I would guess other products would be better for you.....

So far the concealer (in a pen) has also been fantastic, but I am still working on a nice eye cream that stays moist. So far the smart eye cream, radience, and anti aging were not good. I am going to try the caviar for eyes....next.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wholeheartedly agree with a previous reviewer that said this was the worst smelling cream ever. Initially you think it's OK, but you are just lured into a false sense of security. It is the most pungent, cloying, overpowering perfumed smell that I have ever had the misfortune to sniff. Usually, a face cream when applied, will have a certain scent, which then fades away - not in this case. You may as well just not bother putting on any perfume because you won't be able to smell it. In fact, you won't be able to smell anything around you other than this pernicious, invasive, overwhelming face cream. Whether it works or not, I have no idea really. I did my best with it, due to the price, but in the end I chucked it out - I really could not stand it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Lilly69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This as a very overpriced "old" moisturizer.
Who would want to use a computer from the 80s when you can get a mobile phone with better RAM capacity today!
You can do better with picking up an Estee Lauder moisturizer and get better anti-oxidant and moisturizing effect! For a fraction of the price!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I like this cream, from texture to packaging. My mother is the biggest fan of la prairie. So I splurge on a bottle of this cream.

I love La Prairie lip treatment + plumper and their lip stick with SPF15. And I am also an avid fan of their cell. treatment foundation powder finish. I also find that their Essence of Skin Caviar eye serum is not so bad but I am terribly disappointed in this caviar luxe cream for the face. It is too rich for my combination skin and have activated my glands to perspire over time.

No matter how I tried my very best to finish this cream on my face, it ended as my throat cream because this gives me break out.

Maybe this is ideal for someone with more concern for fine lines or sagging or have less sensitive skin than mine.

This is pricey.
I will never repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by AgentKitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS THE WORST SMELLING CREAM EVER! I don't care if someone was giving it away-I couldn't use it! oh, and it gives me little white pimples!