April 18, 2014 | 1386 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Moisturizing Body Wash - "Deep Moisture"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this body wash. While the formula is pretty thick and didn't foam up as much as I would like, it left my skin feeling soft, smooth, and lightly scented. It even took away the rough skin I had on my elbows and ankles. The smell is very clean and delicate. I would recommend this product to someone looking for a simple body wash for everyday use that doesn't have an overpowering scent and moisturizes skin well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by LaOsha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I want to start by saying that I absolutely ADORE this body wash! It really lives up to everything that I believe Dove brand stands for and advertises.

First off, it lathers up on my bath puff BEAUTIFULLY. Even the lather feels rich and moisturizing. Following that, the lather left on your skin (mind you, this is lather, not the straight body wash itself) leaves it feeling softer and more moisturized.

I use it instead of a shaving cream because I feel like it works exponentially better than any shaving cream I've ever gotten to use. I use lotion afterwards anyways, but I've gotten by without it because of this body wash.

Also, LOVE the packaging. Very clean looking, nice to hold the bottle in your hand and very classic Dove looking ^_^ <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This body wash is a great deal for how good the product is. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized. I have the pomegranate one and it smells delicious! Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my dry arms and legs. For years Iíve been using Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash to combat my bacne, but it was too harsh on my arms and legs. So after exfoliating with Neutrogena and exfoliating gloves on my back, I use a blob of Dove on a puff and it makes my skin super soft and comfortable, not tight. I love that itís very gentle, not aggravating my eczema and has not caused any bacne either. In a pinch, Iíve used this in place of shave gel and it works pretty well, though not to the same precision as shave gel. On a side note, I hate the packaging. The flip top is so small and oddly cone-shaped, while the bottle is wide and doesn't want to stay on the shower ledge.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

i used a small sample of this & liked it, so i bought the full size version. will not be repurchasing this because it does not do much in the way of moisturizing, which is the whole point of this body wash. the scent does not last, probably just until you leave the shower. but worst of all, it doesnt foam at all on my bath puff. using my bottle up then not buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I am rating this as "ok"--my husband has this in his shower but I don't feel especially clean after using this. It hardly lathers and is so thick it is like getting pudding out of a squeeze container. I find the bottle shape to be hard to grip and slippery in the shower, after trying to squeeze out the last of it.

The smell is neutral, the traditional "Dove" scent, and the only part that needs lotion after the shower is my legs, which get itchy even though I soap them up again after shaving. The price is great, though, only $5 at Wal-mart for a big bottle.

Slippery bottle design & lack of lather are the main deal-breakers for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by srelliott214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this soap. I still wish they'd come out with a soap that eliminated the following lotion application that I find necessary....winter or summer. I agree with one response---for exfoliation buy exfoliating gloves that are cheap and effective. Don't rely completely on the soap. But over all I'm buying it again, because it's always at Wal-Mart, cheap, and get's me clean without drying my skin out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can I just say that this is absolutely wonderful in the shower and leaves my skin really soft and clean!! Love it and today was my first time using it! It smells terrific, also - like a creamy, milky scent! Yup, I see myself purchasing this again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by JC2004237

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I suffer from severe eczema on my hands and feet, and this product does wonders to keep my skin hydrated and soft. It also helps the stubborn spots like my knees and elbows, and there is no need to apply additional moisturiser. This product also lathers extremely well, and I little goes a long way. I like to use this directly after I've used lush's buffy body butter for extra smooth skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by aprilshowers94

Great product! Although the smell can be a bit overpowering, it doesn't really bother me and people tell me I smell nice so that's a plus haha. It's rich and creamy but doesn't leave the oily skin on my chest and shoulders feeling slimy or full of breakouts. I also use it as a shaving cream because it lathers up so well. if you buy it from Costco you can get 2 for a decent price. (: