September 17, 2014 | 986 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by svntang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First time I used it I thought it dried up, but after trying it several more times its not that bad. I like that I can get it off easily, and it has a natural effect

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by toplasestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As other reviewers have said, this product worked well for about a week. The first couple times I used it, I was impressed by how it lengthened and volumized my lashes.

The more I used it, the clumpier it got. Not so bad to where I would stop using it because of that. What made me stop using it all together was how it BURRRNS!! Holy man! It didn't bother me the first week, but as time went on, it felt like I was pouring lemon juice in my eyes. No thanks. This was the first mascara I've ever used that's made my eyes burn so badly.

Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by amy25033

This is a terrible mascara! At the beginning, it was absolutely wonderful and actually lengthened my poor short asian lashes pretty well, but then after 2 weeks started drying out and becoming clumpy. It became a real mess to use. Removes relatively easily with soap and water, but clumps an awful lot when it is applied. Also after a month you have to wipe the wand every single time you pull it out because there is so much product on it. Yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by rubyannbyf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this product when I bought it. It's a good everyday mascara. I wish it didn't dry out so fast though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by givingintoautumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't always like to use waterproof mascaras simply because they can be so hard to remove at the end of the day and I usually need to cake my eyes in makeup remover to get rid of it all, but I decided to try this one when I found it at a discount store for a great price. I bought it in black and I'm very impressed! The waterproof formula makes my lashes look long, full and dark. It has awesome staying power and is easy to remove with just a little cold cream or a cleansing towelette, even if you're wearing several coats. Not that you need several coats of this! The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 is because the brush is a little large for me and I need to blot a lot of it off before applying it to my lashes, so I feel like like I'm wasting a lot of it by doing that. Good buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by purestfeeling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have zero eye irritation with this mascara which is the best thing about it as a contact wearer. This product also gives me the best curl just from the formula and brush and gives quite decent darkening, thickening, and lengthening.

The downside is that I find that the waterproof transfers quite easily to under my eyes even when I only use mascara on top and the tube also seems to dry out fairly easily.

Would repurchase in non-waterproof to compare as I find that sometimes those actually transfer less.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by lovethekings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim because it was on sale at my local drugstore. The first time I wore it, I thought it did a pretty good job and adding length and volume to my lashes. Unfortunately as I continued to use this, I noticed my lashes clumping easily and looking dry. Also, the mascara dried out within 2 weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by curlytals

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

well my lashes are long,curled and thick so this mascara is the bomb for me it just adds that extra everything to my lashes love it !!!! i recommend this to all my friends and they are loving it !!!!

the price isnt that bad either ...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by elph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Almay is one of the few companies whose mascaras I use up until the pot is dry. That is because their formulas are so non-irritating to my allergy-prone eyes that I will often reach for them even when I don't care much for the shape of the wand (and I am not especially fond of the wand on the Triple Effect). Yea, even when there is Clinique mascara in my makeup bag, which looks so good but is not so kind to my tender eyeballs. On a pollen-riffic day, I'll pick the Almay instead. The wand on Almay's Triple Effect is a bit long for my eyes and I am at a loss as to what in the heck I'm supposed to do with the short bristle side. Still, the long bristle side works great, and as long as I've got plenty of elbow clearance in the bathroom, I can more or less achieve the look I want. I will only get the Triple Effect if it's on sale or the wand design changes, but there's no question that I'll be buying Almay mascara again and again in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect. Lenghtens, thickens and aboslutely beautiful. Nice brush, long wand.

I am not a fan of Almay, except for: THIS, the eye make up remover pads and a translucent shimmer powder that has been discontinued.

I am not a fan of any of their makeup or eyeshadows

Take a chance on this and I know you will get another one