Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 6/14/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love Cetaphil.. gentle on my sensitive skin, leaveas skin feeling clean but not 'stripped' have had no breakouts since using this cleanser and it seems to help with the redness in my cheeks. I don't wear make up daily and when I do I remove the make up with a wash cloth before washing with this cleanser. My daughter who is 13 also uses this and it has helped with her breakouts. When we run out and she uses her back up cleanser she notices a difference in her skin and breakouts right away.

on 6/13/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have the one for oily/ combination skin and i use it every morning in the shower, nice in the morning for a gentle clean

on 6/12/2015 4:39:00 PM

I have extremely dry combination skin but I also get acne breakouts. I tried this after hearing so many great reviews and I was pleasantly surprised that it actually worked for me. I like to apply it to my dry face, let it sit for a few minutes and then remove it with a warm wet washcloth. Other times I use it to wash my face after a long day of dirt and grime or sometimes when I feel like having a cute lil spa day instead. Its one of my go to products for sure. The price is decent and the best part about it, is the fact, it does not break my skin out. Yay!!! I definitely recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin that has been unable to find a product that works yet because that person used to be me until now:).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For me, this is a morning cleanser. It's mild and non-drying so perfect before I put my make up on in the morning. I don't like to use anything in the AM with salicylic acid because it tends to make my face dry and red-ish.

I don't really use this cleanser at night. If I do, I use it after my initial cleanse (DHC Face Oil). This product doesn't really cut through makeup and oil. Definitely not mascara either.

on 6/12/2015 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Cetaphil isn't kidding when they call this product gentle. It *does* cleanse, but as other have mentioned, it's so gentle that it hardly removes any makeup or sunscreen. I love that it doesn't irritate my sensitive, acne-prone skin, but it doesn't really help when I'm not barefaced.

The product does have a smell, but it is not scented and definitely not offensive; probably just the inherent scent of the ingredients.

The value of this stuff is decent. It's much cheaper than other cleansers (I buy it in the 16 oz. bottle for ~ 10 USD). However, when you have to use other products to remove what it misses, it detracts from the amazing price.

I've been using this product for six-plus years. It works, but this is not my HG. When I find a cleanser that 1) I can afford, 2) actually removes makeup/sunscreen, 3) doesn't aggravate my acne, and 4) doesn't have a scent that give me headaches... I will move on.

on 6/3/2015 2:04:00 PM

Let me star by saying that I have very sensitive skin! I really like Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion/Cream and really liked this at first, but after a month of use my skin started to burn when I used it. I don't think this is a typical reaction though, so unless you have extremely sensitive skin Cetaphil will probably work for you.

on 5/28/2015 10:45:00 AM

This works well ONLY if you aren't wearing any makeup. Or sunscreen - there the cleanser fails miserably to remove anything from your face. If anything, it makes it worse!!

However, this really is a great cleanser for my kiddos who are 5 and 7 - they need something that gently cleans but is a step up from the baby and toddler lines. Plus it has no scent and doesn't irritate their skin.

I use it myself if I am not wearing any makeup - and for irritated skin, that's had too much sun, wind, etc - this is a great product. But it won't work for every situation. Which is a shame, because it's a good one!

on 5/23/2015 8:04:00 PM

I wanted to like this so much..after seeing a lot of good reviews on it I hoped for better. I just used it twice and realized I absolutely do not like it. If you wear any makeup at all, it does NOT take it off. I wore a little bit of liquid foundation and it didn't come off at all with this. I tried it once more after that when I wore just powder and it seemed to get it off, but I wanted a cleanser that I could trust to take everything off.

My boyfriend tried it too, and his whole forehead broke out in small red bumps. I bought the Cerave foaming cleanser that it's worked wonders for me, so if for some reason Cetaphil doesn't work for you I recommend that!

on 5/18/2015 12:10:00 AM

Perfect cleanser for someone with combination/dry skin or sensitive skin. I've tried Kielh's and Clinique's cleansers and both leave my skin feeling tight and irritated after. This cleanser does the trick without stripping your skin of its natural oils and moisture. Good thing is it's also fragrance free.

on 5/11/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! If my acne has cleared up and stayed cleared for that last 1 1/2 years it truly because of this product. I have oily/combination skin and the one for dry combination skin works amazingly on my skin. It does what it says, cleans gently and leaves my face feeling fresh and soft, not dry or tight. I notices that this has helped control the oil on my skin too. I stopped using this for a while and switched to the Cerve one for oily skin. That ended up making my skin extremely oily due to the fact that it left my face feeling dry. Overall I would recommend this to everyone any age. At first you have to be a bit patient because it is different in comparison to many other cleansers, its really creamy and when you wash your face the first time it will feel like you did not even clean your face but that the beauty of it, it cleans without removing the natural oils of your face. I wash my face twice a day (Once in the morning and once before bed) in the morning I just apply my Mary Kay sunscreen and then do my make up ( concealer and powder), at night I use the Kirkland make up wipe, wash my face then apply coconut oil as my night time moisturizer. It leaves my face so soft and not greasy. LOVE IT!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials