Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I was recommended cetaphil by those who have combination skin to combat dryness from cleansing and also this was supposed to be non comodegenic,

I found that after using Cetaphil for around a week I started to get mini spots and some blocked pores. For this reason I ended up retiring it as a miss.

Later on when I experimented with oil cleansing (castor oil) one day I decided to mix the two and my skin looks amazing. I use half a squirt of ceta and the same amount of Castor oil. Rub into wet skin then steam wipe with a hot cloth. My skin has improved so much.

Still I have to give it 3 lippies because if I didn't find another use for it I doubt I would buy it again.

on 7/19/2015 1:57:00 AM

I've always had skin problems with breakouts and uneven skin tone. Someone suggested for me to try this about 2 years ago and I haven't looked back. My skin is so much better with a non foaming cleanser.

This cleanser does take some getting used to because it's a cream and doesn't always 'feel' like it's cleansing - just remember if your skin is squeeky clean after you cleanse then you've over done it. You've also stripped away the good oils from your skin.

If you think you might have highly sensitive skin give this product a try - and give it a few weeks to see the results. I'm never going back!

My skin doesn't respond well to facial cleansers from high-end brands. I really like this drugstore cleanser because it has plenty of product in it and it just gets the deed done. It isn't a foam and it applies clear.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have oily skin so this product works great for me. I use it in the shower to clean my face and shoulder/chest area but whenever my face feels gross and oily, this stuff takes it all away and leaves my face smooth. If you have dry skin I guess it can be a bit drying but I also have the cetaphil lotion which is very mosturizing :) plus this stuff comes in a nice big bottle, I've had it for about 3 months now and its barely half way gone lol great product.

on 7/18/2015 9:08:00 PM

This was an ok cleanser. The only thing I didn't like was that it left a film on my face. Just left it feeling weird.

on 7/18/2015 3:53:00 PM

As someone who has spent a small fortune on skin care products over the years I must say that this does what it says on the tin! After a skin peel I was recommended to use a mild cleanser for a few days and have continued using it since and that was three months ago. I have finally realised that I was becoming every beauty editors dream buying into the hyped up product industry and this removes make up better than some of the high end products. I must admit that the name is a bit off putting and the packaging isn't pretty but who sees it anyway. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

on 7/17/2015 10:09:00 AM

Awful ingredients nothing special as far as cleansing

on 7/14/2015 10:49:00 AM

I purchased this cleanser after decades using only dove soap on my face. I am 53 and no wrinkles. But all of a sudden my face decided to do a 180 and reject every product i had been using for years. I do love the way this cleanses. I use it with Clairsonic after removing most make up with a wipe. Im disheartened to hear the company tests on animals. I will search for something that works as well , but is cruelty free.

on 7/13/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

this a basic cleanser that does absolutely nothing and has poor ingredients in it.
if you use this you need to know it doesn't have any extra benefits except very basic cleansing.
yes, it's gentle but that's it.
it does not provide any extra nourishment, anti-aging, etc. there are soooo many other cleansers that have extra skincare benefits!

this is a cleanser for already-perfect skin.

so how is this so popular? why do dermatologists recommend this?
it's because when you use prescription strength skincare and get peels and treatments often, they recommend you use a gentle very basic cleanser so it doesn't interfere with the dermatologist strength product.
if you have severe acne or something else intense, this will do literally nothing to your skin... unless you add in another product. then it will work bc this lets the other product work uninterrupted.

and the ingredients in this are actually not good for your skin. so much chemical!

I'm giving it one star bc it literally does nothing. it cleanser but not very well. there is a difference between "gentle" and "does nothing" and this does nothing.
I much prefer cerave products and my HG cleanser is pur minerals in the clear clarifying cleanser which actually gets gunk out of my pores without harsh ingredients

on 7/7/2015 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This products contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is a KNOWN irritant for sensitive skin - which as a reviewer mentions before makes me wonder why dermatologists recommend this stuff. For me personally it was HORRIBLE. I had little tiny flesh-coloured bumps which kind-off looked like pimples under the skin, and redness everywhere on my face. My skin was a 'hot mess', until I realised the reason for it was this cleanser and the ingredient SLS mentioned above, it irritated the crap out of my skin.

If your skin is dry, dull, somewhat dehydrated and sensitive - stay FAR AWAY from this cleanser!