September 23, 2014 | 1758 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this and the oily skin version of this for years. I tend to rotate between the two. I like how the non foaming wash isn't harsh on the skin or the eyes and it removes my eye makeup well without stinging. It doesn't remove the rest of my makeup well unless I use it with my Clairsonic. Other than that, I love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by jessicahelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Totally love it! I was not a fan of a non-foaming face cleanser but after trying this product, I am loving it! It leaves my skin smooth, less oily and supple! Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Rocoloco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Cetaphil for YEARS and it has seen me through my teenage acne days. I started using it based on my cousins recommendation. My cousin had major acne issues and nothing seemed to work until he visited a medical doctor and was prescribed Cetaphil cleanser.

Honestly, Cetaphil isn't one of those cleansers that you can see fast results after a short period of usage. When I started having pimple breakouts I almost gave up on using Cetaphil because it did not seem to be doing anything for my condition. But because it was super gentle on my skin I stuck to it, and after a few years my skin cleared up beautifully!

Cetaphil has done a great job in keeping my face clean but not squeaky clean so my skin still retains some of its natural oils. However, when my face feels super oily and dirty, Cetaphil alone is insufficient. I will first use a cleansing oil before washing my face with Cetaphil and I feel that this method really helps to have a "deep cleanse". Cetaphil is not the best makeup remover too, thats why I have to use a separate makeup remover / cleansing oil to remove any heavy makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by yaytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this the last 2 months at the suggestion of my mother. She is always hounding me for using skincare with crazy chemicals and fragrance in them. I've been using the morning burst cleanser from C&C for as long as i can remember. "Never use anything that is colorful" she always says. So i finally caved and bought this. Not a fan. It doesn't remove makeup well at all, and I'm pretty sure it broke me out. So disappointing because i love how gentle it is. The only positive about it is that it takes off eye make up quite well!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by soundofmusic

Multifunction product. I use it for body and face. It works well when I got a problem with my face due to allergic ( like burn and peel off ). It is mild and gentle yet still cleanse off my face well. Doesn't dry your skin. For cleaning make up, I have to do double cleansing, otherwise the make up will still stay..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lilyjoha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Use it for about everything you can think of except shampoo and conditioner. Best part of this product is that I can take it anywhere and use it since no water is required. --- Late flight home and want to look good for my guy I can take this out and clean off my old makeup. Last minute pool party? Works great as a shaving cream. No water needed. Love it. -- Smudge in mascara? WIth a q-tip or swab can remove just the smudge. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

Cetaphil cleanser has been fundamental in getting me through the troublesome acne stages, and now the dehydrated skin too. I used so many SA and BP cleansers that irritated my acne prone skin but within a week of switching to the gentleness of Cetaphil my skin calmed down and started repairing. Now that acne is no longer my central problem, I have reintroduced it in my regime as a soft cleanse following a jojoba oil pre-cleanse to remove make up and unclog pores. It does not dehydrate my skin and is effective at removing the excess oil. I also use it water-free whenever I have minor breakouts on my body and it clears them straight up. Everytime I have run into a skin crisis in the last decade this product has come to the rescue. I don't know why I ever sropped using it - probably the allure of new products with their miracle cure promises and shiny marketing. But this cleanser is a great all rounder for all skin types and the real deal as an effective, gentle cleanser. Great value, great packaging, great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sophie12321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally love this product. I ate something i was allergic. My whole face broke out, there were so many breakouts i was afraid to go outside. Which is unusual for me because my skin is usually acne free. My doctor said to only used the cetaphil cleanser and lotion for 1 week because my face is extremely sensitive. All the breakouts i got from allergic reaction disappeared! This product is my life saver and i will never switch to a different product. I recommend this product to everyone and they tell me they love it too.The cap for it came off after a few weeks of use though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ClaudieCat

I'm the kind of person that's allergic to just about everything, including store bought foundation! It's sad because I have to spend a lot just for foundation & powder. But when I tried Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for the first time a few weeks ago I was amazed at how gentle & sensitive it is on your skin. It's amazing & the price is pretty fair because it's just an overall amazing product. Just take it from someone who has to go to the doctor almost every time she uses some kind if new soap or makeup because of an allergic reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by elle918

Absolutely love my Cetaphil. It should be a staple in every home. The only flaw, and it isn't even really a flaw, is that it is so easily matched by their generic competetors. You can buy the Equate version of Cetaphil and get the same exact results, saving you money. I don't use this every single day, but I do use it 4 times a week, using more "heavy duty" cleansers on off-days.