Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

I have purchased this time and time again, the generic brands of it, however (significantly cheaper). Seems to be the only cleanser I can use on my face daily without stripping my sensitive skin of natural moisture or breaking me out. This product doesn't lather up nearly at all, but will leave your skin soft and smooth. Worth a shot if your suffering from really sensitive skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

my skin is extremely sensitive, so it's not a surprise that it didn't work for me. It has a reasonable price so give it a try and see if it'll work for you :)

on 2/23/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use Retin A, occasionally AHAs, and I have sensitive skin.

I wash my face with coconut oil in the evenings (wipe it off with a warm wet cloth) and use this afterward if I'm putting on Retin A that night. I rinse off with water.

I also use it every morning in the shower to get off whatever treatment I was using overnight and it doesn't make my skin dry or break out. It's got the fewest ingredients I could find in a cleanser and it's mild enough for me to use when my skin's oversensitive from the days I overdo exfoliation.

I wouldn't use it to remove makeup or sunscreen, but as a cleanser that's just a step up from plain water, I like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is combination, sensitive & acne-prone this product does not strip my skin but i didn't feel it cleanse that well either. I used this product quite a while and found out where all my clogged pores came from, I read the ingredients beforehand and notice half of them are comedogenic but insisted to buy it anyway. I still have 2/3 leftover so i used this only when i do chemical peeling as it is gentle on skin. But totally won't repurchase.

on 2/22/2015 6:25:00 AM

This is my most essential product! I started using this product about a year ago after everything else I had tried on my skin had made it worse (I have keratosis pillars on my arms, which are like little red lumps and can sometimes look like a rash). I use this cleanser in the shower as pretty much a body wash and my arms have never looked better! While the texture does feel weird at first, you get used to it after the first time. I have never really used a cleanser on my face, as I have always had perfect skin and never felt the need to, but I use this morning and night on my face and it leaves it feeling smooth and refreshed. An excellent product that works well! It also comes in different sizes so it is very convenient, and you can get a 1L for $18!! Great price for a brilliant product!

on 2/17/2015 9:53:00 AM

This is a horrible cleanser does nothing. The consistency is horrible too gloopy and has little to no foam . I have combination sensitive acne prone skin this did not clean my skin I still felt not clean. Even caused my face to become over dry it started to product more oil,breakouts, blotchy redness and dulls the complexion. This cleanser contains sodium lauryl sulfate which is surfactant that allows the product the foam and cleanse. SLS can be found in most deep cleaning laundry detergent and household cleaners..... as for face cleanser when SLS is not combined with oils or hydrating ingredients it will strip and over dry the skin. It also contains cetyl alcohol which is a emulsifier that keep the product from separating, but is super drying. Stearyl alcohol which is also a emulsifier that doesn't not dry out the skin, but does nothing. Methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben are chemical preservatives that are quickly absorbed through the skin and can increase the chance of cancer and sun-damage. The entire brand is horrible and chemical laced. Don't know why this brand is even recommended by dermatologist and doctors for sensitive acne prone skin and dry eczema skin.......

Really wanted to like it (love the cream for dry skin!), but my face would break out in clusters of pimples every time I used it. Guess it doesn't do enough to cleanse my somewhat-congested skin.

on 2/16/2015 6:52:00 AM

Had a bad skin reaction to it, my skin is almost burning as I write this. This stuff was very nasty for me.

on 2/12/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this product is good for certain times in your life. Probably the best times is in adolescence or puberty or highschool or any of those times when you need something so gentle for your acne.

I had a bottle of this lying around that my sister left behind (apparently she was over it too) and out of desperation (no moola) I decided to use it. I still had a huge bottle which was more than half full.

Yes it's gentle but it really doesn't remove any makeup or oil or anything! I think it seriously does absolutely nothing and it's like washing with water. It leaves a strange film behind too and I hate that. When I dry my face, I see splotches of foundation over my WHITE towels. Ew. Yes this was good long ago, but now eh, I don't have a problem with acne as much as I used to but want something that actually would clean your face. I tried mixing this with Neutrogena's fresh foaming cleanser (another favorite I had back in HS) and the combo is just not good. Oh well. I'll have to find better cleansers now that my HG is gone (Orjene Organics Foaming Facewash).

on 2/10/2015 9:10:00 PM

I love this cleanser its gentle and doesn't leave any problems like many cleansers. The price is very lovely, I buy the bigger one which comes with a travel size tube. I use to use proactiv when I was 12 and had super bad break outs but the benzoyl peroxide didn't go well with my skin, drying it out (although It worked better than the other acid forgot the name) then I tried this and at first I thought this won't work on my skin it won't fight acne or clean it good, but I was wrong it help my skins moisture and now I'm 100% acne free, I been using this for four years now, sometimes I notice it doesn't clean all my makeup off but then I clean my face again