Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

onto my second bottle. gentle, does not irritate, great for oily skin

Ok I have to be real. This product was meh. It didn't remove makeup nor did it make my face feel clean. It was just a total waste of money and I hate this even though I was so excited to try it because of the reviews.. Disappointed to say the least.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have mixed feelings for this cleanser b/c it's so super gentle that it doesn't really cleanse that well. Like in summer my face still feels sticky/oily after using this cleanser, it's THAT gentle. That's why I now use CeraVe hydrating cleanser instead. However, sometimes my face will get ridiculously erythrma kind of sensitive that I'll reach for this cleanser instead of CeraVe, which I found can sting a bit on super sensitive skin. Thankfully this cleanser doesn't sting, but be warned that it may not cleanse as well as other cleansers.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is my go-to cleanser. It is reasonably priced and doesn't dry out or irritate my sensitive skin. My skin needs an unscented and non-foaming cleanser and this one does the same job as more expensive brands.

this is the best face wash i have ever used.some say it is not because it is so basic and it only has little to no ingredients.but that is exactly what makes it the best face wash for those who have the most sensitive skin like mine.this face wash also helps to minimize skin problems because it doesnt have the other ingredients that some skins may be irritated or allergic to.i really love this cleanser.

PROS:
-doesnt break me out
-doesnt contain irritating ingredients
-helps calm down the skin
-doesnt aggravate acne
-doesnt dry my skin out
-affordable for its size (big)
-works well with acid toners (mine is mandelic from muac which is my HG)

CONS:
none

so this face wash is the only wash that doesnt break me out.it is also my very secret to having 100% clear skin when i use the mandelic acid toner from muac after i wash my face with this. this helped me remove my cystic acne which i suffered for four years.thank God for this and the toner.im so happy.☺️

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an excellent cleanser for my hyper sensitive skin. My skin is prone to red rashes and swelling ever since I used a retinol product over a year ago. I've been to the dermatologist several times now because of it. I have to be very careful to use product that don't cause a reaction. Cetaphil is one of the only products I can use to cleanse my face. It does a good job of removing most of my makeup and sunscreen and I've found that using it as the second step in my cleansing routine works best for me. I use grapeseed oil first because I wear a long wearing foundation formula and this liquifies the foundation and waterproof mascara and gets almost all of it off. However, I can't leave the oil on my skin and that's where Cetaphil comes in. I use it after removing most of the oil with a cotton pad. It removes whatever is left of the makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and untroubled. I've been using Cetaphil for years and have always loved it. It was part of my normal routine before my skin became so sensitive. It is an excellent product and cheap so who could ask for more? If you're skin is as picky as mine, this is an excellent choice for a cleanser. It really does get my skin very clean, with no trace of makeup left. However, if you use a long wearing foundation or waterproof mascara, start with an oil cleanse and finish with Cetaphil. Your skin with definitely thank you.

Not a fan.
There was this weird scent to it.
Didn't cleanse my face well. If I were to use a lotion based cleanser, I would prefer Spectro jels cleanser.

Loved the packaging and the price point though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser has long been a staple in my family's home. It is an effective, good value cleanser that does what it says on the bottle - nothing more, nothing less. Cleaning eye make up is easy, just massage the product gently around the face and repeat if necessary (depending on how much product you have on).

I also find Cetaphil to be a fantastic make-up brush cleaner. I soak the bristles (avoid the barrel) of my brushes in some diluted, mild soap, clean with Cetaphil, then hang them upside down to dry. My brushes have never been cleaner or softer!

All this negative publicity about Cetaphil and SLS is very one-side - do some in-depth research and see what these 'clinical studies' actually entail before coming to a conclusion. There is less than 0.5% SLS in the product, and being a cleanser, it is not intended to be left on the skin to be absorbed. It is designed to gently yet effectively cleanse the skin, which is precisely what it does.

My mother, aunt, sisters and some friends have been using this for years, all of them with different skin types. Can be used on dry or wet skin. A must-have in all our homes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have acne skin, with pimple congested at my cheek areas and occasionally my forehead. I bought this cleanser about a year ago, used for a few days but stopped due after I read about its harsh chemicals. I have tried many products since but nothing worked so I started using Cetaphil again, this time I wanted to be religious in using this product regardless of what people say about its parabens etc. My morning and night routine includes this cleanser, hada labo hydrating lotion light and bio-essence miracle bio water. Just these 3 things! And after two weeks my skin improved so much! Red, swollen pimples are gone and i seldom break out too. Really happy with the results and I am so happy that i did not throw this product away a year ago!

I've been using this face cleanser as it was recommended by my dermatologist as I am on a acne treatment. Such a great cleanser. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. It does a great job of removing makeup and cleaning my skin. It doesn't dry me out either. It reminds me of a dermalogica face cleanser I use to use (and was $70 a bottle).