July 31, 2014 | 1681 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love how this makes my face feel, but my face doesn't like it. It doesn't dry my face like other products, but it makes me break out. I got three nasty zits and tons of other spots. The top of the pump also broke.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Roxiedawl182

Very gentle on the skin. I have very sensitive skin and this does not irritate it. It is nothing mind blowing but is a nice, basic, gentle everyday cleanser. Doesn't have a fragrence or colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by faceart97

This product wasn't harsh at all. Very soft on the skin. Too soft. I feel it isn't cleansing my face and I continue to get acne. I think it works for people who get the odd pimple and can help to remove make up. It's also odourless and very gentle it just didn't do much for me. Didn't help my acne prone skin and if you use too much It will go as far as breaking you out. One pump is too much. Didn't like this product .

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by thefluffypanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have sensitive and combination skin. This product has been recommended a lot so I gave it a try. Bad idea. I broke out in pimples and blemishes using this. The consistency is very thick (which I don't like) and feels like there's a film over my face. It doesn't sink into my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by alexchalpin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cetaphil is a yes and no cleanser. Theres no doubt that it works completely well for some people, but personally not for me. i am 14 and going through teen acne. i recenetly just switched cleansers (clean&clear- Cetaphil gental skin cleanser) and every plimple that ive ever had popped up. i completely broke out and it was terrible. i undertand that sometimes your skin may get a little shocked after swtiching cleansers, but for me, its just not worth the 2 weeks of "purging" or break out just for switching products. idk, if your skin is fairly adjustable and good with many products, then cetaphil will probably be good for you because its extremely gental.

hope this helps about a bit (coming from a very stressed teen girl who HATES ACNE!!:'(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Criminally underrated. No, it won't remove your makeup (because it is a cleanser, not a makeup remover) but for what it is, it's one of the finest products out there, ugly packaging notwithstanding. You really don't realize how much of a toll the perfume and foaming agents in almost all other skincare products are taking on your skin until you discard them for something better. And Cetaphil is by far the cheapest and most accessible "something better" there is.

No, it doesn't foam, and no, it doesn't smell like flowers -- and those are GOOD THINGS. No, it's not infused with any fancy vitamins or antioxidants -- also good, since vitamins and minerals will only benefit your skin if you actually eat and digest them. This is a no-nonsense, ultra-utilitarian cleanser that will do its thing without irritating or harming your skin while doing it, and with no unnecessary extras driving up the price. Sad that 99.999% of other skincare products can't say the same.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by countrygirl28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This totally dried out my skin... I know it works well for a lot of people but it eft my skin feeling very tight and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by hapticmotion

I recently had to downsize price wise for items, and went back to Cetaphil for my cleanser. My face hasn't broken out because of this (i think its the other stuff that i have tried) and much more accessible if you're on a budget.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by aimeexo

This face wash has me torn. It took me a while to decide whether i should click yes or no for rebuying.

PROS:
- balances my combination skin beautifully
- has no scent
- nice thin, smooth consistency
- doesn't foam/bubble which makes me feel like it doesn't strip my skin of it's natural oils
- makes my skin smooth
- packaging: I prefer a pump to a squeeze bottle

CONS:
- price. It was around $18 for a big bottle, but I had to use 2-3 pumps each time as it didn't foam, which made it last not as long
- not good at removing makeup because it doesn't foam

I bought this a couple times and loved what it did to my skin but I don't think I will buy it again because of the price. I went through a big bottle in only a few weeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this cleanser based on great reviews, and it definitely is gentle and non-drying. Great packaging, with convenient pump. However, I've been starting to use more natural products lately, and I stopped using this once I paid more attention to some of the awful ingredients. Sodium Laureth Sulfate? Not sure how they got around this, but it's known to be a skin irritant. Also, three different parabens?? Associated with breast cancer. Nothing beneficial about these ingredients at all (besides water!)