July 25, 2014 | 941 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Brazil Nut

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very disappointed with this product.

It sits on your skin like grease and does not sink in. No moisturising effect at all and I very patiently used it for a couple of weeks.

Based on the poor performance of the product I find it expensive. It is a complete waste of money.

Nice smell but the smell is just a marketing gimmick.

Plus the Body Shop now test on animals through L'oreal which owns the Body Shop.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Romanticide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
- delicious nutty/salty type smell
- fantastic moisturising and absorbs very well into the skin (no residue)
- easily the best of the Body Shop's Body Butters

Cons:
- harder consistency, needs to be worked in a bit

Overall, I think this does exactly what you would expect a body butter to do and am very pleased with this product. It moisturises winter skin very well and even the price isn't a deterrent, because it lasted me a fair bit longer than the Body Shop's other body butters. Definitely would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Rosielle91

This is certainly one of my favourite TBS body butters! The smell is nice and light, not too heavily fragranced, good for people with a sensitive nose that don't fancy heavily smelling things. Also I love the think creamy consistency of the butter. It goes nice and smoothly on skin. I sometimes combine this with body oil or just only itself after shower as a treat for my skin! My skin adores it and I adore it! Will certainly continue repurchasing this product! It is fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by praty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

one of the creamiest thickest body creams i have ever used!...this smells wonderfullll ..like caramel..helped me with my dry skin during winters...a little is enuf for the whole body...the cream is too thick and maybe not suitable for summers..the cream comes in a tub and i apply it immediately after shower or at night.. .overall i give it 5 stars for being true to its claims

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

I have been using Body Shop Body Butters on and off since I was a teenager. My favorite has always been this one (which used to be called Nut Butter back in the day). I recently picked up a tub because I am pregnant and my skin has been really dry and itchy. This stuff moisturizes like none other. The scent is sweet, nutty, but very light. It is not greasy, but does take a bit of time to soak in. Price is steep, but a tub does really last a long time, and I lucked out and when I went in they were having a sale. Even still, this stuff is great and I would pay full price if I had to.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by braziliannut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

smells like cake on me. very pleasant. me likey

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by dietgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My word this smells amazing! I have no idea what brazil nuts are supposed to smell like, but this body butter smells like buttery yellow cake on my skin. It's fairly moisturizing, although not as heavy as the Shea body butter. Still, I'm very pleased with this and hope they come out with a Jumbo version soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by dnlkhyyt

I love this soooo muccchhh!!! it leaves your skin so nice and moisturized and dont even get me started on the smelllllll! IT SMELLS SOOO GOOD, i wish they made a body wash to go along with it. but seriously, it has awesome ingredients, and doesnt have any petroleum based fillers in it that does nothing for the skin. good ingredients that are good for your skin. price isnt too bad when you catch the sales, id still buy if it if it wasn't on sale...i love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I forgot all about this body butter. I used this religiously when I was younger and just taking a whiff of this brought back memories.

The smell is subtle but lingers and smells amazing!! It's super moisturizing and thick, yet melts quickly. It's perfect for protecting my skin in the harsh Canadian winters. The packaging is perfect too, doesn't leave any product to waste!! So glad I rediscovered this stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite moisturizer for the body, the scent is wonderful without being too strong or artificial, it has a pleasing texture and it is really moisturizing. A great relief for my very dry skin, I usually try and branch out to other body butter or lotions, but this one is the one that keeps me happy!
This scent is discontinued here but I usually find them during sales at which time I tend to stock up. I will be really sad when I won't find any because I have been loving this for so long, perhaps 10 years now.