The Body Shop Body Butter - Brazil Nut

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Brazil Nut Oil, Cyclomethicone, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, MethylPARABEN, PropylPARABEN, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Caramel.

on 5/24/2012 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this subtle, sweet scent. It is perfect if you don't want to be wearing a bold fragrance or don't want it to interfere with perfume. I'm not really familiar with Brazil Nuts, so I can't say if it smells accurate or not, but it is a very natural sweet smell.

on 4/29/2012 12:44:00 PM

This smells so good! It's super moisturizing but a little sticky if you use it on the entire body so I just use it on my hands, elbows, feet and legs after shaving. I don't need that much moisture other places anyway so I'm a big fan of these and always have one in my bathroom closet. A great allround cream for dry patches!

on 4/18/2012 2:11:00 PM

Very disappointed with this product.

It sits on your skin like grease and does not sink in. No moisturising effect at all and I very patiently used it for a couple of weeks.

Based on the poor performance of the product I find it expensive. It is a complete waste of money.

Nice smell but the smell is just a marketing gimmick.

Plus the Body Shop now test on animals through L'oreal which owns the Body Shop.

on 4/12/2012 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
- delicious nutty/salty type smell
- fantastic moisturising and absorbs very well into the skin (no residue)
- easily the best of the Body Shop's Body Butters

Cons:
- harder consistency, needs to be worked in a bit

Overall, I think this does exactly what you would expect a body butter to do and am very pleased with this product. It moisturises winter skin very well and even the price isn't a deterrent, because it lasted me a fair bit longer than the Body Shop's other body butters. Definitely would repurchase.

on 4/3/2012 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is certainly one of my favourite TBS body butters! The smell is nice and light, not too heavily fragranced, good for people with a sensitive nose that don't fancy heavily smelling things. Also I love the think creamy consistency of the butter. It goes nice and smoothly on skin. I sometimes combine this with body oil or just only itself after shower as a treat for my skin! My skin adores it and I adore it! Will certainly continue repurchasing this product! It is fantastic!

on 3/28/2012 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

one of the creamiest thickest body creams i have ever used!...this smells wonderfullll ..like caramel..helped me with my dry skin during winters...a little is enuf for the whole body...the cream is too thick and maybe not suitable for summers..the cream comes in a tub and i apply it immediately after shower or at night.. .overall i give it 5 stars for being true to its claims

on 3/25/2012 5:44:00 PM

I have been using Body Shop Body Butters on and off since I was a teenager. My favorite has always been this one (which used to be called Nut Butter back in the day). I recently picked up a tub because I am pregnant and my skin has been really dry and itchy. This stuff moisturizes like none other. The scent is sweet, nutty, but very light. It is not greasy, but does take a bit of time to soak in. Price is steep, but a tub does really last a long time, and I lucked out and when I went in they were having a sale. Even still, this stuff is great and I would pay full price if I had to.

on 12/26/2011 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

smells like cake on me. very pleasant. me likey

on 12/9/2011 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

My word this smells amazing! I have no idea what brazil nuts are supposed to smell like, but this body butter smells like buttery yellow cake on my skin. It's fairly moisturizing, although not as heavy as the Shea body butter. Still, I'm very pleased with this and hope they come out with a Jumbo version soon!

on 11/13/2011 9:16:00 PM

I love this soooo muccchhh!!! it leaves your skin so nice and moisturized and dont even get me started on the smelllllll! IT SMELLS SOOO GOOD, i wish they made a body wash to go along with it. but seriously, it has awesome ingredients, and doesnt have any petroleum based fillers in it that does nothing for the skin. good ingredients that are good for your skin. price isnt too bad when you catch the sales, id still buy if it if it wasn't on sale...i love this.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products