November 27, 2014 | 1487 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Sandalwood Beige

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lovely520

This was one of my all-time favorite lipstick shades in high school...lol...about 15 years ago. Back then, I considered it the perfect peachy-pink-nude-light brown shade that was extremely flattering with my light tan skin tone. It's a very versatile, wearable color for everyday. I've since moved on to deeper shades of lipstick but this was one of the first lipstick shades I loved and wore pretty often back in the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lippie should get more credit!! I'm surprised this isn't popular to many of us makeup lovers. This is the lipstick I used back in high school and I remembered loving it. Then I stumbled upon it again when I was in CVS looking for an eyebrow pencil. I immediately bought it without hesitation! I love it!! It's this creamy, warm, peachy, coral, apricot-brown color that looks great on most skin tones (by the way,I am NC40). This will be one of my staple lipsticks! Will buy this again and again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 6:44:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fair skin and Revlon Super Lustrous in Sandalwood Beige just looks orange with my skin tone. Somehow I thought it would be more of a neutral colour and I'm somewhat disappointed.
I give this 3 lippies for good coverage, moisturizing a fair staying power. However; I can only recommend this to those without fair skin tones because of the orange tone that it has.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This color is orangey coral muted by light brown. Very earthy shade. I can't imagine wearing it by itself because it leans very orange on me, but it adds warmth and depth to a variety of my brown and brown/red lipsticks. It's very versatile and I consider it a staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I've gone through countless tubes of Sandalwood Beige. It's a staple in my collection. The perfect soft, creamy beige-apricot. Brightens my face. Great for warm skintones. I'm a MAC NC25.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lynnphi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a NC42 with very rosy pigmented lips. I was hoping that the peachy/orange of this would blend with my lips to create the perfect nude/caramel. Alas this was not so. Revlon SL l/s in general has great pigment, but in this case it worked against me. It applied very creamy, opaque, and coral - very retro 60's, which might work for some, but definitely not the look I was going for. The quest for the HG nude/caramel continues.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave it 2 lippies because Revlon SL lipsticks are always a great drugstore choice, but this shade just isn't right for me and I'd caution other very fair-skinned people about it too (granted, everyone has different tastes). It was actually my grandmother's signature shade from the moment it came out in the '60s, and because of her olive skin it looked soft and wonderfully natural. There are strong orange tones to this shade that just look garish and pukey on me. I think it suits olive/tan complexions much better. It would be a great nude for J. Lo, but not Angelina.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by stardust74

This is a great nude color with a cream finish.It is a very wearable shade with a peachy/nude effect on my lips that brigthens my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 9:00:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

On me Sandalwood Beige is the perfect nude lip colour. Yes it does go slightly orange, but this works to my advantage as orange is one of the best colours for me, it brightens my face and I can wear it with any shade of clothing. It's one of those lippies that is good to have in the handbag at all times so I don't have to think about co-ordinating my lipstick to my clothing colours. The usual creamy, average lasting capabilities of all the superlustrous line.
Edit: The more I use it the more I like it, this colour goes with a wide range of clothing and brightens my face without making me look too made up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 8:09:00 AM More reviews by priya2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SLSB is probably the softest matte lipstick I've ever tried. I would have never bought this if it weren't for the reviews here due to the fact that I own 3 other colours similar to fleshtone and from the colour on the cap it looks like another basic nudy-browny-pink,...wrong! On me the orange added to it, gives my NC 40 skin a youthful peachiness and really brightens my face and what pleasatntly surprised me was that soft sheen that's tops it off, really I have never seen a matte lipstick act like this. Before calling a colour ugly, I wish reviewers would state their own colouring to help other reviewers make an informed decision. I don't think any colour is ugly, it just depends on your own personal, god-given canvas.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No