Revlon Super Lustrous Sandalwood Beige

4.1

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The way some other reviewers talk about this lipstick you'd think it kicked their puppy or something. It's obviously love it or hate it, and I love it. Nude shades are a PITA for me with fair skin and red hair. Concealer lips are not flattering on me. This is perfect peachy/orange (but not too much)/brown color without looking muddy. If you apply with a light hand it's such a beautiful earthy, autumnal shade. Someone with darker skin could apply it heavier. I can't believe I passed it over so many times! The texture is absolutely perfect, almost like a hybrid between creme and matte. Lasts a long time, no weird smell or flavor, cheap and readily available. Worth a try! I'll buy again for sure.

on 9/19/2010 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a beautiful warm peachy, pink neutral. It is creamy, not drying, and has a good staying power without being drying. It is matt with a soft sheen, not opaque. It is a lovely lipstick and is half the price of a MAC lipstick. If you are very fair, with warm undertones, like myself, it appears to brighten the face and looks very natural.

on 9/2/2010 8:16:00 PM

This was one of my all-time favorite lipstick shades in high school...lol...about 15 years ago. Back then, I considered it the perfect peachy-pink-nude-light brown shade that was extremely flattering with my light tan skin tone. It's a very versatile, wearable color for everyday. I've since moved on to deeper shades of lipstick but this was one of the first lipstick shades I loved and wore pretty often back in the day.

on 5/6/2010 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This lippie should get more credit!! I'm surprised this isn't popular to many of us makeup lovers. This is the lipstick I used back in high school and I remembered loving it. Then I stumbled upon it again when I was in CVS looking for an eyebrow pencil. I immediately bought it without hesitation! I love it!! It's this creamy, warm, peachy, coral, apricot-brown color that looks great on most skin tones (by the way,I am NC40). This will be one of my staple lipsticks! Will buy this again and again!

on 3/10/2010 6:44:00 AM

I have fair skin and Revlon Super Lustrous in Sandalwood Beige just looks orange with my skin tone. Somehow I thought it would be more of a neutral colour and I'm somewhat disappointed.
I give this 3 lippies for good coverage, moisturizing a fair staying power. However; I can only recommend this to those without fair skin tones because of the orange tone that it has.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This color is orangey coral muted by light brown. Very earthy shade. I can't imagine wearing it by itself because it leans very orange on me, but it adds warmth and depth to a variety of my brown and brown/red lipsticks. It's very versatile and I consider it a staple.

on 2/9/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've gone through countless tubes of Sandalwood Beige. It's a staple in my collection. The perfect soft, creamy beige-apricot. Brightens my face. Great for warm skintones. I'm a MAC NC25.

on 10/14/2009 9:52:00 PM

I am a NC42 with very rosy pigmented lips. I was hoping that the peachy/orange of this would blend with my lips to create the perfect nude/caramel. Alas this was not so. Revlon SL l/s in general has great pigment, but in this case it worked against me. It applied very creamy, opaque, and coral - very retro 60's, which might work for some, but definitely not the look I was going for. The quest for the HG nude/caramel continues.....

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I gave it 2 lippies because Revlon SL lipsticks are always a great drugstore choice, but this shade just isn't right for me and I'd caution other very fair-skinned people about it too (granted, everyone has different tastes). It was actually my grandmother's signature shade from the moment it came out in the '60s, and because of her olive skin it looked soft and wonderfully natural. There are strong orange tones to this shade that just look garish and pukey on me. I think it suits olive/tan complexions much better. It would be a great nude for J. Lo, but not Angelina.

on 12/7/2008 8:32:00 PM

This is a great nude color with a cream finish.It is a very wearable shade with a peachy/nude effect on my lips that brigthens my face.

Popular Lipsticks