Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

3.7

on 11/12/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using the lash lengthening mascara so decided to give this a try. I must say it gives me major volume and the look is buildable without clumping. My only concern was that the brush can have abit too much mascara when you open it so I tend to tap off excess mascara back into the bottle

on 10/22/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its a little pricey but it lasts for a long time. Its a nice consistency that goes on smoothly and the brush works well for creating volume, the one thats not waterproof doesnt stay very well though, and I hate wearing waterproof. I have had mascaras that stay very well even with the non-waterproof option. But it makes your eyelashes look amazing,

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is such an awesome mascara, the best I have had. It doesn't clump and gives me major volume without looking packed on, it isn't very wet or dry the brush is a really good size and it lasts all day for me and comes off easily with remover, you can get it off easily with a warm cloth too since its not waterproof....btw that's me in the photos and this is how amazing they make my lashes look, normally they're unnoticeable lol

on 9/16/2012 3:31:00 AM

The best mascara in the world. Volume, length, everything. I prefer this to all other mascaras, including other Mary Kay ones. Very soft application, I love the black-brown color.

on 9/11/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My friend gave me this mascara for free, so I'm not sure how much it costs. My first time using it was this morning...my initial reaction was that I liked that the formula wasn't too wet or too dry. It was the first mascara I've used that actually held a curl!! I will usually apply 4-5 coats on the top lashes to get that max volume and lengthening effect. I could not do that with Ultimate... my top lashes were pretty much dry and not workable after about the 2nd coat. I tried to re-dip the brush and start on the 3rd coat but when it touched the dried lashes it started to flake under my eye. Overall I give it a 3.5 but I just wish I could apply more coats without flaking. Would not buy in the future.

on 7/20/2012 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great mascara and I only used it because I was a consultant. I dont use it anymore but I can say it is a good, basic mascara. It brings a reasonable amount of volume. It isn't too wet or dry and doesn't clump easily. I like that the black is pretty dark. A few cons would be the price (for non consultants)--it's a bit pricey IMO, it takes a while to dry and it dries out kind of fast.

on 2/11/2012 2:32:00 AM

This is a good mascara. I haven't had much of a problem with clumping. I find the wand stays fairly clean. I prefer a more rubber type mascara wand, I find they give a cleaner application.

on 1/9/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not my favorite-it can clump sometimes, but the main problem I have with it is that it flakes off over the course of the day to the point that none is left on my lower lashes after 4 or 5 hours. I have really oily skin, which may contribute to that, but doesn't stay on very well compared to other mascaras that aren't waterproof.

on 12/29/2011 4:27:00 PM

When I tried this at the MK party, I LOVED it. It came out smoothly, it wasn't too heavy, and it added volume without clumping my lashes together. But when I actually bought it, the formula was completely different. Maybe it was older then the sample I tried, but whatever the reason, it was a disaster. Everything clumped together and made horrible spider lashes. It was really heavy and felt crusty. Awful. Really disappointing.

on 11/4/2011 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this mascara. It lengthens,thickens and it doesn't clump. Most importantly to me, that it doesn't flake and the color stays black all day. It's water resistant but very easy to remove. The wand is good. I just wish that it was a curved brush instead of a straight one. It's my second time purchasing it and will buy it again.