September 18, 2014 | 987 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using (it's ok, you can cringe!) baby wipes to remove my make-up nightly for the past few years, but went on a new skincare drive after a spa facial. So out went the baby wipes and in came the Bioderma Sensibio.

I haven't been following the cult reviews online, but vaguely remember from my teenage days of using toner that I'd often been disappointed by the cleansing power, or that they left my skin feeling tacky afterwards. The location of Bioderma products on a premium shelf at the pharmacies and its water-like appearance appealed to me as I was particularly wary of another product which might disrupt the oil balance of my (recently more volatile) combination skin.

My general worry is that the product might be too gentle to remove my heavy daily eye make-up and waterproof mascara, but it's actually been fine if I am more patient with holding a soaked cotton pad over my eye for 30s before removing. I agree with the reviewers who noticed that a bottle doesn't last for very long! I'm already halfway through my 250ml bottle after 2 weeks.

Bioderma's heavily marked up in the UAE compared to the French and UK prices, so I am currently researching possible dupes but planning to purchase a 500ml bottle in the meantime.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Favourite skincare product ever.I have oily,acne-prone,sensitive skin with redness.What a combination.I had been using Avene's cleanance gel continuously for 2,5 years and it helped me tremendously with my acne.But then suddenly my face was feeling really tight,it was flaky,red, with dry areas.I completely changed my skincare routine and during experimenting with new products to match my highly sensitive face,a pharmacist recommended this.Wow.

It is amazing.It has helped my skin so much.I use it to cleanse my face in the morning,and it does a really good job.My face feels so refreshed afterwards,the smell is so refreshing and invigorating, and it is highly soothing for my poor skin.I just soak a cotton pad and very gently cleanse both eyes and face ( gently indeed and I was surprised because I often go all Lady Macbeth when it somes to cleaning my face).No more redness,no more dryness, my skin looks so calm.I have redness and irritation around mouth and nose,to the point that my mouth corners are always dry,itchy,red,irritated,angry.Well not with Bioderma Sensibio H2O.It immediately soothes this stubborn area of my face and I can look like a human being again.Of course Sensibio Light moisturizer also helps with this.

Ofcourse, as I expected, it is great at removing makeup.Especially for the eye area since I was so tired of stinging,burning eyes every time I removed my eye makeup(hello Vichy).No other makeup removers or wipes can compare to this.And I don't even have to tug my under eye area.I just soak two cotton pads,put them on my (closed) eyes,leave them for 10 seconds,very lightly rubbing in circles and all eye makeup is gone.Both long lasting and not.Amazing.Since I have oily,acne-prone skin this 1 step cleanser is not enough.It removes my concealer/powder/blush beautifully but I use a purifying gel afterwards and I think you should too,just in case.

No unpleasant results with this,no breakouts,no irritation,no stinging.Great and essential product for sensitive skin and good value for money because it lasts forever.I got the 500 ml bottle for 13 euros which is really good.Go buy the huge one the 250 ml is just useless and it has about the same price as the bigger one.Definitely recommend and will continue repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure why fellow Americans think this is so hard to find in the US. I buy mine right up the street at the BeautyHabit.com warehouse. I can understand if you live in a small town, but if you live in a big city like I do, you should have no trouble finding it.

I really like this as a makeup remover, prior to a proper cleanse. I would not use this as a face 'wash' solution at night because I don't think it's that deep of a cleanse. I do think it's stellar at removing even difficult waterproof makeup so long as you pour it on a cotton pad and hold it to your eyes for a moment before swiping it away.

One thing I love is that this product gives me consistently great results for my sensitive skin. I don't worry that using it is going to irritate me and give me spots. And I really love it for cleansing my skin in the morning when I have not makeup on, but want fresh skin without breaking out my soap.

The place I purchase mine has many different Bioderma products, so I'm trying the solution for combo/acne skin right now because using a glycolic toner gave me a breakout. So far, so good on that version, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Cathrinetang

This stuff is so good. First of all it's clear, have the same consistency as water, and have no added fragrance. It is an absolute must have, if you have sensitive skin. Personally I have combination skin, and it's also slightly sensitive - but not much. This does not make me oily. When I apply it to my skin, it cleanses, tones and refreshes! If you have a bit of redness in your skin, it will also help with that. All in all amazing product, definitely worth the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by adheandithia

this is actually a life safer, my skin is sensitive, oily and acneprone skin (what could be the worst?) EVERYTIME i change my foundation or concealer or anything thats gonna touch my skin there is a few acne bumped out and its so stressful BUT since i put this to remove my make up i dont know it have refreshing feeling and my skin just "calm down" and now i can change my foundation everytime i want and there is no problem at all!

the cons is.. yes indeed it doesnt remove your waterproof mascara as good as other cleansers, i just put my baby oil to remove my mascara on my super sensitve skin..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by lenamass

Excellent product! Can be used as makeup remover or toner!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by fychen

I use this product more as a toner and not as a cleanser. It does NOT remove my waterproof mascaras, so I don't like using this as a makeup remover. After I removed all of my makeup with a cleansing oil and washed my face. I will wet a cotton pad with this product and go over my face and neck to remove leftover residues of impurities. My face feel very clean but not dried out after using this. It does give me a little hydration as well. I would then quickly apply essence and lotion after to really give my skin the hydration it needs. I think this is a great toner but it is a little pricey for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this trial size at Shoppers. I would have grabbed the one for Combo/Oily but I could not read the fine print so ended up with the Sensitive one. This cleaned my makeup off even my waterproof mascara. I leave the soaked pad on my eyelid for a minute then gently wipe. I usually skip foundation so it's only blush and concealer that I have to clean off. After using Bioderma, I cleaned off with my usual oil cleanser and there was no trace of makeup left. Plus I could not detect any scent. The only con for me is that it stings just a little bit if it seeps into my eye so I've learned to keep it shut tight. Since I don't use foundation, a big bottle would last me a long time. I would repurchase a big bottle as I'm amazed at this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by virulenza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for sensitive skin! Removes makeup and I use this daily as a cleanser. I don't always wear makeup. This item is quite expensive though, but it works. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

This product is FINALLY available physically where I live so I finally got around to giving this cleansing water a try - and I'm pretty glad I did! I bought the small 100ml bottle just to test it out in case the product doesn't agree with my skin because my skin pretty much disagrees with almost everything (and I find myself not wasting like $30 on the normal 200ml bottle). I've been using it for a little over a week now and so far, so good! Usually if a product causes breakouts or irritation, it will show on me after a week and nothing has happened. I was also surprised about how easy it removes makeup - foundation, concealer, eye makeup, the like. Scent isn't overly strong, consistency is pretty much like water and makeup glides off when using this product. Will continue using it but I'll probably purchase it online now since I haven't seen the 500ml bottle around where I live and it's cheaper online too! I don't think I'll be using makeup wipes anytime soon now since I realised how much I've been pulling and tugging at my skin since beginning to use Bioderma. This product is worth the hype guys!