October 25, 2014 | 1375 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - O de Lancome

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by visageaparis

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for a fresh, clean, citrusy scent that is unobtrusive but still has the je ne sais quoi of a French fragance then O de Lancome is for you. I love to wear fragrance every day, but some days I don't really want to wear a more obvious scent--O de Lancome is the perfect every day keep you feeling shower fresh scent. It doesn't last very long, but it give you an extra kick of freshness after showering. Even the heavy glass bottle reminds me of a Lalique inspired shower door--it is a refreshing shower of French citrus

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know the bottle is what first attracted me to this fragrance. I love a nice big chunk of heavy glass! There's something very artistic and balanced about the embossing design of the bottle. I love it! Now about the juice (which truly is the most imporant element). At first spritz, Lancome O is lemon! Realistic lemon fresh squeezed from the pith. Vibrant -- lively and super-energizing! The top notes evaporate quickly and the drydown comes after about 3 minutes. The lemon does indeed remain, but honestly, the middle notes and lovely drydown remind me of the fresh woody green fragrance of fresh steamed asparagus! It's sweet and woody with nice zest of lemon on top! To me -- it's quite lovely and a scent I really do adore. However, I can understand why some people would shy away from this. I am crazy about asparagus and even love the way my pee smells after I eat the gorgeous veggie! (I know I am a sicko -- no question about it!!) It's one of those yin/yang things that true fragrance lovers can only appreciate I suppose. Nonetheless, I am putting away my bottle for the heat and humidity of the long New England summers ahead. I know I will enjoy the green vibrancy Lancome O will add to my fragrance collection.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A wonderful everyday type of scent for me, one of my favourites. It smells so familiar, like the sort of cologne everyone wears to smell good, but with a twist that makes it unique. It makes you smell like a nice, girl-next-door kind of person, one that's not too rich or stuffy or sophisticated, the kind of person you can actually approach and talk to. It's not overpowering or standoff-ish. It smells like a variation of the sort of fragrances you smell most people wearing all the time around here (in Europe), fresh and clean and green but at the same time not cheap, not dollar-store fakey or baby cologne. And its reasonable price makes it a perfume that I can actually go out and purchase when I want to and use every day, not wait for a special occasion and hope someone will be generous enough to purchase it for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

Lovely fresh fragrance from the '70s with a personality!
It smells very clean, lemony, herbal and natural on my skin. It makes me feel fresh and clean and it's very easy to wear everywhere when you don't want to live a big cloud of perfume behind you! Still it's a feminine scent.
It just makes me feel fine and I think it's a mood-enhancer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2006 5:36:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mmmmmmmm ...... smells nice! Top note is a sharp but refreshing lemon, followed by a quick drydown to more soft lemon and grass scent (kind of like sliced lemons on a feshly-cut lawn). Bottom notes that linger throughout the day are softer and warmer, but still the pleasant lemony-grass scent with maybe the tiniest touch of floral somewhere in there. Reminds me of summertime. Refreshing and energizing, and yet it dries down to a very soft, comfortable scent. Very lovely and summery! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2006 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sweetiekins224

I bought this thinking that it was as fresh and green as the bottle~ Some here hate the bottle, but I actually think it's the only thing good about the perfume. This perfume smells very unpleasant on my skin...I tried to let it die down and smell it again, but on my skin it retains that bitter smell that smells like parsley for some reason. I didn't like it at all...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Clearing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A staple of mine. It's a green fragrance...not sweet; it's airy and simple. It's the sort one wants to shower in, being so herbal, almost bitter, but the floral notes and citrus notes keep it just above the too masculine greenishness point. I didn't mess around the last time I bought it and got the 3.4 oz economy bottle. I'll use it lavishly in the warm weather months. Would work on a man imo. This comes in a strange ugly bottle like a heavy glass shower door from the sixties. The same as the Oui bottle, and both imply the "shower in me" concept.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2005 3:22:00 AM More reviews by margotmargot

Reminds me of Carolina Herrera 212. I guess it is the fruity-musk thing. This one also smells a lot like L'oreal's pink toner. The only thing I like about this one is the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 7:15:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Starts out zingy and citrusy and quickly turns green and a tiny bit woody. Reminds me a lot of an old EL fragrance - Azuree, but this is much lighter. Not at all sweet, but it is not in the least bit murky or resinous, either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 5:53:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this scent and have been wearing for close to a decade now, since I was at high school. It's perfect for a sunny day with clear blue skies. It smells very green and fresh- more like lemon leaves than the lemon itself. The drydown on me smells slightly creamy. I don't know anyone else who wears this as it's not advertised at all by Lancome, and I like that I'm the only one I know wearing this. It's refreshing and unique. I'm not that into the bottle, though, it's a little on the chunky ugly side.