Lancome O de Lancome

3.9

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I know the bottle is what first attracted me to this fragrance. I love a nice big chunk of heavy glass! There's something very artistic and balanced about the embossing design of the bottle. I love it! Now about the juice (which truly is the most imporant element). At first spritz, Lancome O is lemon! Realistic lemon fresh squeezed from the pith. Vibrant -- lively and super-energizing! The top notes evaporate quickly and the drydown comes after about 3 minutes. The lemon does indeed remain, but honestly, the middle notes and lovely drydown remind me of the fresh woody green fragrance of fresh steamed asparagus! It's sweet and woody with nice zest of lemon on top! To me -- it's quite lovely and a scent I really do adore. However, I can understand why some people would shy away from this. I am crazy about asparagus and even love the way my pee smells after I eat the gorgeous veggie! (I know I am a sicko -- no question about it!!) It's one of those yin/yang things that true fragrance lovers can only appreciate I suppose. Nonetheless, I am putting away my bottle for the heat and humidity of the long New England summers ahead. I know I will enjoy the green vibrancy Lancome O will add to my fragrance collection.

on 11/25/2006 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A wonderful everyday type of scent for me, one of my favourites. It smells so familiar, like the sort of cologne everyone wears to smell good, but with a twist that makes it unique. It makes you smell like a nice, girl-next-door kind of person, one that's not too rich or stuffy or sophisticated, the kind of person you can actually approach and talk to. It's not overpowering or standoff-ish. It smells like a variation of the sort of fragrances you smell most people wearing all the time around here (in Europe), fresh and clean and green but at the same time not cheap, not dollar-store fakey or baby cologne. And its reasonable price makes it a perfume that I can actually go out and purchase when I want to and use every day, not wait for a special occasion and hope someone will be generous enough to purchase it for me.

on 11/21/2006 3:08:00 PM

Lovely fresh fragrance from the '70s with a personality!
It smells very clean, lemony, herbal and natural on my skin. It makes me feel fresh and clean and it's very easy to wear everywhere when you don't want to live a big cloud of perfume behind you! Still it's a feminine scent.
It just makes me feel fine and I think it's a mood-enhancer.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Mmmmmmmm ...... smells nice! Top note is a sharp but refreshing lemon, followed by a quick drydown to more soft lemon and grass scent (kind of like sliced lemons on a feshly-cut lawn). Bottom notes that linger throughout the day are softer and warmer, but still the pleasant lemony-grass scent with maybe the tiniest touch of floral somewhere in there. Reminds me of summertime. Refreshing and energizing, and yet it dries down to a very soft, comfortable scent. Very lovely and summery! :)

I bought this thinking that it was as fresh and green as the bottle~ Some here hate the bottle, but I actually think it's the only thing good about the perfume. This perfume smells very unpleasant on my skin...I tried to let it die down and smell it again, but on my skin it retains that bitter smell that smells like parsley for some reason. I didn't like it at all...

on 2/13/2006 11:09:00 AM

A staple of mine. It's a green fragrance...not sweet; it's airy and simple. It's the sort one wants to shower in, being so herbal, almost bitter, but the floral notes and citrus notes keep it just above the too masculine greenishness point. I didn't mess around the last time I bought it and got the 3.4 oz economy bottle. I'll use it lavishly in the warm weather months. Would work on a man imo. This comes in a strange ugly bottle like a heavy glass shower door from the sixties. The same as the Oui bottle, and both imply the "shower in me" concept.

on 7/16/2005 3:22:00 AM

Reminds me of Carolina Herrera 212. I guess it is the fruity-musk thing. This one also smells a lot like L'oreal's pink toner. The only thing I like about this one is the bottle.

on 7/6/2005 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Starts out zingy and citrusy and quickly turns green and a tiny bit woody. Reminds me a lot of an old EL fragrance - Azuree, but this is much lighter. Not at all sweet, but it is not in the least bit murky or resinous, either.

on 7/2/2005 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this scent and have been wearing for close to a decade now, since I was at high school. It's perfect for a sunny day with clear blue skies. It smells very green and fresh- more like lemon leaves than the lemon itself. The drydown on me smells slightly creamy. I don't know anyone else who wears this as it's not advertised at all by Lancome, and I like that I'm the only one I know wearing this. It's refreshing and unique. I'm not that into the bottle, though, it's a little on the chunky ugly side.

on 6/24/2005 12:32:00 AM

I have to agree with one of previous reviewers. This DOES smell like "Brut" or some other men's aftershave. It does stay forever - even after washing my hands with soap i smell it on my skin! This was the first perfume i couldn't wait to rub off myself. Nothing refreshing, smells like a 40 year old man trying to smell "fresh".

Popular Fragrances