December 20, 2014 | 1699 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by prettyfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love it!! It really stays all day! Covered redness and acne marks. Suited for oily skin and humidity-proof but hard to remove. Make sure you remove it properly or it will give you break out. I always use bioderma sensibio or cleansing oil, continue with face wash to get rid of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by justanne

I would NEVER buy this product again. It just doesn't work for me & I have tried multiple ways of applying this. Fingers, stippling brush and a beauty blender. Fingers seem to work "best" but ugh, it still clings to dry patches on my skin - totally unattractive! You have to work fast in blending this out too cos it dries so fast. The coverage is at best medium, I would never say full because I have pigmented marks & I still reach for my concealer when I want to go full. The finish is so matte & I'm not so keen on it. The minute I have it on, I seriously just want to take it off & use my bb cream instead. The finish is THAT bad & I don't ever skip my moisturizer & primer. I also exfoliate on a weekly basis so the foundation is definitely the culprit here. Anyway, the reason why I got it in the 1st place is cos I was at the moment looking for a dupe for my EL Double Wear because everyone seems to love the Colorsay but nah, this one isn't for me. Double wear is still the best full coverage foundation out there, hands down. Skip this one. Get yourself a bb cream instead 👍

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by screensiren

TERRIBLE! I was looking for a cheap alternative for MAC studio fluid and tried this based on reviews from here. BAD DECISION. It broke me out terribly and took months to get my skin back to normal. Do yourself the favor and spend the extra money on a good foundation, this is complete garbage

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jodienicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If I am planning to get a little sweaty on the dance floor or maybe want to look a little more fabulous for Halloween, etc., this is my favorite foundation. Upon application, it really does not seem like it will stay on as well as it actually does, at least it seemed to me. I have oilier skin but with this foundation I know that any picture I take my make up is going to look flawless throughout the evening. I gave it a four out of five though because: 1) the packaging was not thought out well and you cannot really control the amount that quickly funnels out; 2) if you are acne prone you are more than likely going to break out, which is why I only use this when I am wanting to look EXTRA good :). But hey, if you've got a man to make jealous or something for an evening we might as well pull out the guns with this stuff

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Bellabamba16

After reading about the huge amount of hype surrounding this foundation, I took a step away from my hg foundation (Tarte amazonian clay) to try this. The results were not good. The first problem I had was the color choices available. I have fair skin with pink undertones, but the lightest color is too light and most other colors have yellow undertones until the more medium shades. I ended up going with the lightest one, which made me look washed out and dead. Next, the packaging is really messy and unsanitary. If I do not apply a moisturizer before, it can look cakey, and doesn't blend nearly as well as I would have hoped. The biggest problem I had with this foundation occurred a few days after I started using it. It gave me horrible acne. I am on birth control pills, so I almost never have any type of acne. This foundation gave me terrible, inflamed acne on my cheeks and forehead. In it's defense, it did a pretty good job of keeping oil at bay, but needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by AshleyPozniak96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation! It is amazing for people like myself with very oily skin. It is extremely long wearing and lasts throughout the day. If you do have oily skin, you will have to blot and repowder your face throughout the day. But, the makeup will not transfer off your face onto your clothing. The cheapest place I've found it is at Target for $10. I'm super pale so the lightest shade is fine for me. It is on the pinker side but not too bad. I have also noticed that the formula for this foundation is constantly changing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by hazel0745

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the fact that this is long wearing. I would wear this for up to 12 hours a day. I never had a problem with it fading or transferring to my clothes. My BIGGEST problem with this foundation is that i CANNOT find the right color for me. I tried Golden Beige (too light), Warm Golden (on the pink side) and Natural Tan (too dark). If only they had a more yellow undertones color, then it would my holy grail. Not too bad on the price, ($9-$12 in Texas), and it really does stay all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'M IN LOVE!
Wauw. I bought this online, without ever tried it, but I just had to get it based on all the good reviews! And I'm SOOO glad I did. But damn it sucks that it isn't avalible in Denmark.. Anyway, here's the pros and cons:

Pros:
* Easy to blend out!
* Medium coverage but full coverage when I use a primer on my skin before foundation
* The color "Buff" is the perfect color for me. But when I use selftanner I blend 'Buff' with 'Naturel Beige'.
* It's without doubt the best foundation I've ever tried for oily skin!!! I can go a whole school day (8 hours) without need to powder more than once , and that's AMAZING!!!!!
* It gives my skin a fantastic natural glow.
* The price is fair
* Eventhough it's a foundation for oily skin, it dosen't look cakey at all

Cons:
* The packaging!
* Not enough colors avalible
* Difficult to remove/wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by aquaryss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Background info: Extremely oily, acne-prone skin, uneven, just bad skin overall. Many acne scars as well.

This is the best liquid foundation out there, if you are looking for full coverage. I used to use Estee Lauder's Double Wear, until they changed the formula. I could never find the most precise color with EL anyway, and the formula dried extremely fast. In comparison, Colorstay dries much slower and gives me SOME time to blend it out into my skin. (Although, obviously, it also dries fast).

This gives me a pretty full coverage, using Mac concealer underneath (the studio finish for certain areas, and the liquid one for other areas). I can actually use this without concealer on the days I'm not trying to go for a perfect look, which is shocking to me, considering how much scarring I have. Nothing to say that hasn't been said, I recommend try it, if you are debating. It's honestly worth a try. This was the first drug store product I ventured into, and I am so glad that I did! I always thought it couldn't be possible that a product so lowly priced could be superior to products that are 2-3-4 times its price. But this one lives up to the hype. What a relief it is, for people who wear foundation often and are constantly buying it, to not have to shell out so much money that can be used for other products. ;)

I use Golden Caramel, and it is the perfect color, year round!

PS: There is a such thing as a bad bottle. This one I got from walmart was just..not right. Really runny, thin formula with much less coverage. The color was also darker. So from then on, to be extra careful, I purchased from CVS. Maybe it was just a bad bottle, maybe my walmart has..old makeup..I don't know?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin is oily and acne-prone and this is my favourite foundation! I've been using in for 4 years and I think I will always repurchase. I admit that I am still "boring" of the products that I use and try something new(for example, now i am planing to try Bourjois-healthy mix serum and L'Oreal-true match), but I never found anything better and this is never missing from my makeup bag.

- I apply it with my Sigma F80 brush, on each side of the face at it's time, because it dries pretty fast and I get a very nice natural look, but still good coverage.

- Is the only foundation that keeps my face matte for many hours, without using powder.

- It never broke me out but I remove it using Jojoba oil or Bioderma Sensibio h2o and after I wash my face with Bioderma Sebium Gel.

- It doesn't transfer on clothes at all(love iiiit) and is very long lasting. After applying it in the morning, I still like the way it looks at night.

Is perfect for oily skin(good coverage, matte, very long lasting and natural looking) and I will definitely buy it again!

BUT, in the hot summer days it can look a little bit "too much", so I prefer to use a BB Cream and keep these just for special events or for the nights out :)