October 1, 2014 | 1891 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rlavach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Creases immediately. I purchased this concealer off a recommendation from a Sephora employee. She stated it is the least likely to crease in the store. Before I even got up from my makeup chair...it creased. With or without powder, it creased. Applying with a brush or finger, it creased. Yey.

It does have great coverage. It covered my dark circles amazingly. It stayed moisturized during the day & never had a dry look.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I could not make this work for me, although the color was fine. It makes all my eye makeup dissolve and I end up with raccoon eyes, especially if I use eyeliner or mascara along the lower lash line. It will even make waterproof mascara bleed. I tried solving this problem by adding powder, but this causes it to look terribly caked-on. I'm not sure how other people who like this product are using it. It's not working with my other cosmetics, and I don't have oily skin or live in a humid environment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really really really...(takes a breath) really really really like this concealer for under the eyes.

After using the bobbi brown corrector for years whilst my skin was oily, my skin started getting dry as I got older & started using retin a, I found that it wasn't hydrating enough & for rushed mornings I can't be bothered putting on eye creams in the morning. But this LM concealer is just emollient enough to not crepe under the eyes without eye cream. It gives my eyes a lift & awakeness with the Dewey effect.

Plus its not too peachy like the Bobbi Brown one, again with my laziness I can't be bothered layering a concealer over my under eye corrector. The sc is just enough peachiness to counteract the under eyes darkness alone and blending in with the rest of the face colour without having to cover over the peachiness (if you get what I mean).

Another plus is the packaging, nice and simple, no bulkiness like Benefit erase paste. Its perfect for travel.

I'm nc30 nowadays and use SC in #2 for reference under my eyes. while Bobbi brown corrector was good to me (and still is), I've converted to LM Secret Concealer as a HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Asides from the un-natural shades for my neutral skin, this product was greasy, sheer, and disappeared into fine lines. This concealer did not even last 1 hour and no matter what I tried my under eye circles were staring right back at me. Their 'secret' for this concealer must be that it does not have great coverage or last whatsoever. If you are in my situation and can not leave the house with at least putting on concealer this product will not help you ):

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Alice1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this product, discover my HG under-eye concealer, and live happily ever after. Sadly all that happened after I opened the tiny pot of orange-khaki grease, which looked OK under my eyes for about a split second, was that it seemed to dramatically darken my under-eye shadows, emphasize about a million lines I didn't even know I had, and slid straight off my face and become invisible. As if by magic! So, it's safe to say I'm afraid that the hunt for the HG under-eye concealer continues...

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by KMG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Secret Camouflage is almost an exact duplicate for Tarte's Dark Circle Defense concealer, which is now discontinued. Secret Camouflage is an emollient (moisturizing) concealer that tends to come in pinky-orange shades. The warm shade range allows this concealer to counteract the cool, blue/purple/green shades that make up dark circles fairly effectively. Overall, I feel that this does an o.k. job of concealing, but you might need to reapply after several hours of wear.

Unfortunately, the moisturizing properties of this concealer are also it's achilles heel. The amount of slip this has allows it to simply fade away to nothing on my somewhat oily skin after several hours, even though my undereye area isn't very oily at all! The amount of slip in the concealer will let it migrate everywhere else, no matter how carefully you blend this over your discolored areas and then set it. This also doesn't work well with other concealers, and tends to flake off or even crack when set with powder, which just looks terrible. When you blend on a thin layer, it isn't quite pigmented enough to effectively cover your dark circles. This also tends to collect in any little creases or folds in your skin, and can also collect around your eyelashes. This can be easily blended away though. If you're willing to carry a pot of makeup and reapply on the fly, regardless of contamination risk, this might be a good option.

I do feel that this concealer would be a good option for dry-skinned women in a dry climate with mild dark circles and few wrinkles around the eye area. I think this would have a tendency to melt in humid climates, migrate everywhere on people with oily skin, and crease into wrinkles after a few hours on people with any little creases.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by babad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this concealer because it looks great after applying it! It matches my skin tone pretty well, but after a few minutes (or even an hour) it actually makes me dark circles look purple =( It also fades away pretty fast even after applying loose powder to help set it.. SAD! I loved how natural this looked on my skin - but i'm still on the hunt for my HG concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by pk23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best concealer I have tried.
The coverage is perfect on both spots and especially the under eye area. My eye bags are hereditary and HUGE! It is so hard to find a concealer which does the job of covering them up. This does not eliminate them 100% like a miracle but pretty close. I used to still get comments about how tired I look when using previous concealers but when I wear this no one tells me I look tired and I've even been complimented about how fresh my face looks.
The texture is creamy and easy to apply and doesnt cake up under the eyes or crease.
I am so thankful to have found this and will continue to purchase again and again.
It is a high end make up product, which I try to avoid sticking to a working students budget but I will happily pay the $35(AU) for this concealer because it does such an amazing job and while the pot looks small it lasts a good amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by BreaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the concealer that the girl at Sephora recommended for my wedding, and I've been buying it ever since. It's not dry and chalky like some that I've tried- it goes on very smoothly and covers my under eye area very well (the only area I use it for). Definitely the best concealer I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by joannatengco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product because this actually covers the darkness in my undereye area and not only that, it also moisturize my skin. That's why I rate it 5 on overall!