Laura Mercier Secret Concealer

3.8

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Paraffin, Propylparaben. /- [May contain]: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007).

on 3/9/2014 10:30:00 AM

Love. It's moisturising, it's rich, very well pigmented and I can just pat, pat, pat it under my eyes and it blends effortlessly. It lasts all day (with a proper setting powder) and does not crease or travel once set. It has no discernable scent and the texture is like satin. I especially like the way it looks under flourescent lighting, which can be so harsh on how it makes the skin look. Nope, this covers everything it needs to. I will purchase again and again however you need so little I would imagine that the little pot lasts a long, long time. This is a winner.

on 3/7/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have 0.5 and 1, and I like the colors... However this formula was wayy too sticky and never set. It was noticeably wet looking 30mins later and it is not a good look. Since it is so wet and sticky I found it hard to put it in the places I want and blend. Any blending kinda just blends it away.

Coverage: Medium
Texture: Sticky
Crease: Yes
Drying: No

on 3/7/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

With very dark, genetic circles that go all around my eyes, I have worn concealer almost daily (and certainly every time I leave the house) since I became aware of them around 11 years old. My mother took me with her to a penthouse spa day at one of the local hotels that Lancôme was putting on and was taught to properly cleanse, apply tinted moisturizer, and use concealer. The concealer was Effacernes, their waterproof formula and with its phenomenal coverage and staying power, it has been my go to ever since and nothing...NOTHING has been able to hold a candle to it. Until I tried Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer. I still use and love Lancôme's concealer, but I find myself reaching more and more for this one. Shade 1 is the perfect shade for my skin tone, which gives it a slight lead over Lancôme's, as I'm smack dab in between shade 1 and 2 with them and I really hate mixing the two (I really go for simplicity in my routine). The Lancôme dries down to a better finish on its own, but with setting powder, the LM concealer stays just as well and looks just as natural. It's very creamy and moisturizing, and as I notice more fine lines popping up around my eyes, I find that this is a good thing, since once set, the LM will not crease (ladies, the key to using this is to set it with the LM finishing or brightening powder...they have a special texture that makes this work beautifully). I do also use the LM concealer without setting powder, but those are usually days that I'm not in a makeup mood and just slap on some tinted moisturizer with sunscreen and then this.

It's also worth saying that I really did NOT like this concealer when I first tried it. The color 2 was just a bit too dark to cover my circles, I tried using it with their camouflage brush (fail), tried layering it, like I do the Lancôme one (also fail...when it's too thick and just slapped on like I can do with the Lancôme one, it slides and smooshes), but with a bit of practice and very light layers, it's become one of, and possibly my absolute favorite concealers.

on 2/23/2014 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very basic concealers best for the undereye area. It's creamy, so it blends easy and well, Not so much for other areas of the face where it oils up as it will slide off. Medium coverage for a concealer.

on 1/11/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought the LM concealer yesterday at sephora and just used it for the first time last night. Am I the only one who broke out after using it? The color matches really well with my skin tone and seems to provide pretty good coverage. But when I woke up this morning I was welcomed with pimples all around my face in different places. It claims to be non-comedogenic but it also says it's 'moisture-rich' so my hopes are kind of dying. I will keep giving it a go and will update later. Wonder if this happens to anybody else?

on 1/7/2014 9:08:00 PM

Does really great for covering my dark undereye circles! I've tried a lot of concealers for my dark undereye circles including MAC concealers and this is the best one yet! It does crease a little when first applied, but as I blended it using my fingers it works like magic. I'm definitely buying again! :) worth every cent.

on 12/21/2013 8:49:00 AM

I have finally found my perfect concealer! This stuff is fabulous!! It covers the blue veins under my eyes without looking heavy. I defiantly recommend this to anyone with raccoon eyes like me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm a huge fan of the Laura Mercier mineral range so I had to try the concealer. For me, it was awful! It creased so much as soon as I applied it. The texture is sticky which I don't like personally. The colour seemed to go darker as the day went on even after setting with the secret brightening powder. Horrible. I won't be repurchasing, I doubt I'll even finish the pot.

on 11/11/2013 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really really like this concealer for what it does for me.
I'm 23 and I want to get ride of my tired eyes, and this does the job perfectly. You can really tell when I'm not wearing it, my eyes don't look as open.

I tend to just pop some under my eye and blend with my ring finger then set with some translucent powder.
Definitely buying again! However, it would be nice if it were cheaper!

on 10/21/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I actually really liked this concealer, i usually use Bobbi Brown corrector in Peach and concealer in honey, i was matched to LM Secret concealer number 4,I love that it gives it a very smooth look. I bought the radiant finish concealer by Nars and although i loved the texture and feel of it, it came off to cakey and ashy even in my color match. I think if you use the LM secret concealer make sure you blend it in well and set it with a brightening loose powder Also, i still continue to use my Bobbi Brown corrector and then add the LM concealer since i like for all my circles to be hidden. If your on the fence about this concealer, go to Spehora and ask them to give you a sample of your matched color and try it out and see how you like.