November 23, 2014 | 980 users online

Lip Gloss - BeneFit Cosmetics - PocketPal

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

The packaging quality is pretty bad. Be careful not to spill it. When I accidentally got it on my fingers, it left stains.
The stain is quite drying for the lips, so it is good to use with the clear gloss. I would rather buy Benetint.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by cutelilram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a difficult time wearing lipstick because I teach fourth grade and there is little time to waste reapplying makeup throughout the day. I just picked this up on a whim and I absolutely love it. I have fair skin and this color looks very natural. The stain did last for hours and I was able to apply Mission Skincare lip balm over it without it smearing or coming off on my balm. I will continue to buy this and wear it. If you are looking for a stain that lasts, doesn't dry out your lips, and allows you to apply lip balm over it, then buy this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the concept of this dual-ended gloss and tint, but the packaging could be kind of messy if you spill some of the Benetint, and since its a blush & cheek stain its hard to remove!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by FelesMala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stain. I use it on both my cheeks and my lips, and it gives me a perfect rose flush. On my cheeks, I get that flattering rose color that I naturally get after a really good workout, with the benefit of having that glow all day. On my lips, I get this lovely lovely, just-finished-making-out/bitten-lip pink color. I always make sure to let the stain set and dry before I use the gloss, although I use very, very little. Really. I use maybe a dot on the middle of my lower lip and a dot between the cupids bow of my upper lip and must blend out for a moist appearance.

My only gripe is how little product is available for use. Although the convenience aspect of this product is what sold it for me, I will be purchasing the full-size bottle of Benetint in the future, as I love to re-apply on my lips as the day goes on.

I suppose the color of this product will vary a lot depending on the user's skin tone, warmth, etc. I can see that for some it would be drying, so those of you with dry skin, maybe you would be better off with a mouse, or a creme blush. And I wouldn't recommend this for very warm tones, as the rose seems to compliment those with more neutral or cooler skin tones. I can't imagine this to look very good with an olive skin tone, although posie tint might. I'm just glad it works so well on my medium color, cool-tone skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

While this is good in theory, the color wasnt flattering for me. Im olive and this red made me look cheap lol the red was too bright for my skin tone and i didnt like the gloss. used it 2 times before giving up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't much like BeneFit products to be honest but I had the normal benetint bottle a few years ago and it was ok but as i'm super pale the colour came out a bit too red on me.

However my husband bought me one of these pocket pals as a gift and I have to say I do like it. Not sure what's changed but the colour looks ok now. The gloss is GLOOPY and thick but applied fine after being warmed up a bit (just run it under a warm tap for a minute or so). I do sometimes use a lip balm or EA 8 hour creme over it instead. My only minus is if you re-apply the tint too many time in the day you will get discoloured blotchy lips. I find it drying too but that is the same with most lip tints. Overall - ok for a whip of colour on the go, what more can you ask.

I have the posie tint too which I like but that is for another review.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by gseymour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not generally a really big fan of glosses, but I really wanted to try Benetint, and the packaging seemed a bit more convenient for carry than the regular Benetint bottle, so on a whim I picked up the PocketPal at Ulta while shopping for a few other things.

I'm a bit afraid to use Benetint on my cheeks, because I have concerns about being able to blend it quickly enough, so I've only used it on my lips. The color is, subtle, to say the least, but very attractive. Perhaps because it's so subtle on my lips (makes them just a shade darker and redder), I can't really judge how long it lasts, but it's easy enough to reapply, and the color is pleasant enough with my complexion that I'll continue to use it, and it will probably even be a staple in my kit. Besides which, I'm not a stickler for staying power, and reapplying periodically is no biggie.

The stain is quite watery, so I have to be somewhat careful in applying so it doesn't run into the lines around my lips, but at least it doesn't seem to bleed once dry, so that's not really a problem.

The gloss is sticky, and doesn't apply smoothly from the applicator, but a couple of touches around the lips and a bit of lip-smacking and everything works out just fine, with a nice gloss and glow that isn't over the top. Once it's on, it doesn't seem as sticky.

I've had no problems with leakage of the packaging, as some have reported. The price is quite high for the amount of product you get.

One thing I like to do with my PocketPal is use the tint on my lips, followed by Clinique's Black Honey Almost Lipstick, then if I'm feeling like an extra pop, topping with the gloss end. Since I end up not using the gloss as quickly as the tint, I'll probably pick up a full size bottle of Benetint and refill the tint end when it's empty. I've got a thing for "classic" beauty products, and I'm really pleased with the combination of Benetint and Black Honey.

Now, can I get a Pocket Pal with Posietint instead of Benetint? If they don't make one, I'll make my own by emptying the Benetint into a full-sized bottle and refilling it with Posietint!

Overall, I give it 4 lippies. The color is quite nice and a perfect hue for me, if a bit subtle, and the price is high, but I love it enough to make it a staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by celueste

I love the stain, I'm usually really not a huge fan of floral scents but the scent in this stain I would say is quite the pleasant one. It gives me a rosey pink complection when applied to the lips/cheeks. When I apply to my lips it really brings out the natural undertones in my cheeks. Note! Be careful. A little goes a really long way. Also be sure to blend quickly after applying to the skin! Or else, eeeesh. If you don't, it may appear as though you have contracted some sort of itchy skin skin condition.

The gloss I must say is very shiny on it's own, as well as sticky! If you don't really care about the comfort as much and more for the appearance then you may not have as much problems. But if you're not crazy about the fact that your hair will get caught in it every 2 seconds, skip the gloss!

Have a nice day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by kbel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Like many other reviewers here I liked the concept of the Pocketpal but the reality was disappointing. The BeneTint is lovely and although I initially liked the gloss, despite its overt stickiness I ended up hating the smell! It is hard to keep the tint from mixing with the gloss during application and when they do the smell is awful... really awful. Eventually mine became unusable. I'll stick with Benetint on its own from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by chaimaretto

Let me first say, I LOVE the Benetint stain. (Really I only use it as a cheek stain, but it is still okay for the lips if you are looking for a good everyday multi-task product for your bag.)

But... the PocketPal is a big disappointing. I originally got the PocketPal for a few of reasons: 1) it was only $20 as opposed to Benetint's regular $28. 2) It seemed like a better on-the-go option than the Benetint bottle. 3) It also came with a gloss highly recommended by one of my friends. 4) I could use it on both my cheeks and lips AND finish off the look with the gloss.

So... let me address my above reasoning:
1) For the tiny amount of stain you get in the PocketPal, you might as well spring for the big bottle. Because you're getting only a fraction of that amount in the PocketPal and only a small amount of gloss, you are actually paying much more per ounce (or fraction of an ounce). You get much more product/$ with the regular sized bottle.
2)The PocketPal is really not that much more convenient for an on-the-go option unless your purse or carrying bag is quite small and narrow. I do feel less likely to spill it since it is smaller, but I know that I am just as likely to drop or spill either one.
3) Not a fan of the gloss. It's okay and I use it if I for some reason forget my lip balm or chapstick but other than that I pretty much avoid it.
4) I only use it on my cheeks. I do not think it works well as a lip stain. It leaves my lips feeling dry (even with the gloss) and it is not long-lasting on my lips at all for some reason. (Though, it is great for me as a cheek stain)

Overall... I like using this as a cheek stain and it's convenient to throw in a small bag should I want to touch up later, but next time I will just pay the extra $8 for a lot more stain. Won't be buying again.