April 24, 2014 | 1064 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This cream is extremely greasy for a hand cream. The smell is bad and lingers. The packaging is nice as you can squeeze all the products out. I got it for $10 CAD and I would never purchase it at full price. All the hand creams from TBS is rather awful in smell and consistency. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by itstotallybea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The most hydrating handcream I have ever used by far. If all you care about is the feel of the cream and how moisturizing the cream is it would be 5 lipsticks however the smell is neutral and earthy which can be a negative for people and if you use even slightly too much cream yours hands can feel quite greasy for a while until the cream fully absorbs. I love it, will be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by bedeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A lot of my friends had this in high school and I would sneak some. The texture is thick and creamy. It settles into the skin very well and does help with cracking. However, I can't say that I absolutely love it. I've bought it for myself twice. It definitely works better than the Almond and Rose hand creams from TBS but it doesn't exactly hydrate my hands as much as I'd like. I'm a little turned off by the ingredients, too. The smell isn't bad, just neutral and earthy. It's an ok hand cream but I'd prefer to use pure shea butter; it works better for my easily dried out hands in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Adriana2013

My friend had shockingly dry hands, so rough and I thought it was beyond repair. She tried many handcreams but with no success. We were in the Body Shop and the cream was on offer. After 1 week of numerous daily applications, her hands started to heal. Within 3 weeks they were renewed - soft and healthy again. Amazing results. When I see any of my friend with a similar hand condition, I always give them this cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by lawlady88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail hand cream. Period. This stuff is amazing and you should own it. Everyone I introduce it to loves it, even though the packaging leaves something to be desired. My friend talks about wanting to fill a bathtub with it and soak. My boyfriend has bad and painful eczema on his fingertips and this is the only thing that does any good. I am obsessed with having moisturized hands. It's so great. Just get it, you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by nwww

Best hand cream that I've used so far.I put it before bed,it's brilliant.Greasy but work wonders for very dry hands.It doesn't smell nice but worth using anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by xga1125

After reading reviews for this product, I realize this works for a lot of people but I haven't used it enough to judge its quality. I bought the package that came with this along with two other scented hand creams. I am not a fan of the scent. I tried to use it more to get my money worth but the scent's really off-putting for me. The biggest con for me is the packaging - whenever I open the lid the product comes out uncontrollably without me squeezing the tube. If I want to give it another try I would have to transfer it to a container which is a hassle ..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Iīm not a big hand creme fan, and I use hand cream only once a day, when I go to bed. Thatīs why my hand creme has to be very effective and last through the whole day and through several hand washings and showers.

I have been using Niveaīs hand cremes for ages, but they donīt keep my hand soft and moisturized the whole day, so I decided to give a try and buy Body Shopīs hemp hand protector. And WOW- what a difference! Even my boyfriends super dry, flaky hands healed in a few days. My hands and cuticles look better than ever and I donīt have to use an separate cuticle cream as I earlier did, this one works well for them too. (Better than any other cuticle cream ever!) Iīm not a big fan of the smell, but Iīm already getting used to it :).

This one also lasts for ages, only a small amount is enough. The metallic tube is beautiful and nice but if you carry it around, it will soon look ugly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

It is one of the best hand creams for very very dry skin. It is a very rich product so your hand might feel a little bit oily after applying it. The scent is quite herbally but you will definitely get use to it (I used to hate the smell of the cream but after a while you don't seem to smell it at all). Its a very rich product but it also has a very strong stay on power. Even after 3-4 hours with touching stuffs and washing hands, I could still feel the cream meaning your hands are properly hydrated. I actually let my sister tried it on as she works in a coffee shop and always has her hands wet and dried repeatedly so basically her hands are red and dry and cracking and being disgraceful. After a while (I forgot to pay attention on time) I spotted a good improvement on her hands and now this is her favourite hand cream and she has been recommending it to all the people she works with. So if you have very very dry hands, I think this is a good product for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by cdias16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while ago and thought it would be really moisturiing.. Its not. its got a terriable hemp smell (yes i know thats what hemp smells like) but it doesnt dissipates... it lingers forever!

and i have this constant feeling like i need to wash my hands after applying it. In fact, i often go and wash it off. I only still have this thing because its a large tube and i feel bad wasting it. Actually... nevermind i think i'll just throw it out or give it away.

Another dissapointing Body Shop Product.

Going back to Glysomed