November 28, 2014 | 1817 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I seriously cannot get enough of this product. It's the best hand cream that I've ever used. It leaves my hands smooth, moisturized, feeling non-sticky, helps with cracked skin and cuticules, . At first I hated the smell but now I don't mind at all. I've just finished my second tube of this cream and I'm definitely going to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Retinyl

The smell is not the best, but it grew on me. My hands usually crack in the winter, but this actually prevents that. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really love this hand cream. I don't like wearing anything too fragrance anywhere on my body. I tend to stick to fragrance free or vanilla. This has a very subtle fragrance.

It sinks in really well. Always have a tube in my bag from now on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This hand cream works really well for extremely dry hands, and it does make my hands feel protected. I have very dry hands, and it is uncomfortable for me to touch paper or cardboard, but with this I feel fine touching anything dry. It's not uncomfortable.
The cream is very viscous, and a small amount goes a very long way, so one tube, even the mini tube, will last a very long time. That justifies the price more than the quality already does. It has a light, earthy scent that does not linger, and it is not especially noticeable upon application. I am not a huge fan of the packaging, particular the screw top, but I would still repurchase or recommend to others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this in the past when I was cleaning houses and bought a tube for my boyfriend this last Christmas. He swears by it to keep hands from chapping in harsh winter months due to frequent hand washing ( he works in health care. ) neither one of us were bothered by the scent, and we are both scent sensitive. It is thick and viscous, and ideal for the cotton glove treatment overnight. A little goes a long way; he's had the tube since December and hasn't run out yet. I intend to replace it for him when he does.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by KelsySJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with most of the criticisms of this product, mostly regarding the smell. But the fact remains that the lotion WORKS for seriously dry hands, especially in the winter. If the smell and greasiness really bother you, put it on at night before bed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The short review is: this stuff really works to soothe/repair dry skin. Very rich and emollient. The details are what drops this from five to four lippies.

1. The odor is very strong patchouli-ish, as I'm sure practically everyone else has mentioned. While it's not terribly offensive to me, it will linger enough that I don't want to use it before food prep or meals or before touching some items or in places where other people might be bothered by it. So, somewhat limits use.

2. The metal tube packaging is a pain because as soon as the cap is removed the product comes gushing out. Also the metal tube may split when bent or folded over.

3. Maybe a bit too greasy. OTOH, that's what helps it do its job.

That's about it. Price is okay, the body shop is always running specials. I'm not buying another tube right away due to the above criticisms, but if my hands were in a bad way, I'd not hesitate to pick this up. I tried the almond hand cream as a less smelly substitute and feel the hemp works better for really dried out hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't laugh. I use and love this cream... for my face as well as hands and feet. IMO the only Body Shop product worth buying. Some people aren't crazy about the earthy smell, I adore it. The only thing I'm not that keen about is the aluminum tube, but I can live with it.

This product shares a special place in my heart along with the Weleda Skin Food.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This cream is extremely greasy for a hand cream. The smell is bad and lingers. The packaging is nice as you can squeeze all the products out. I got it for $10 CAD and I would never purchase it at full price. All the hand creams from TBS is rather awful in smell and consistency. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by itstotallybea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The most hydrating handcream I have ever used by far. If all you care about is the feel of the cream and how moisturizing the cream is it would be 5 lipsticks however the smell is neutral and earthy which can be a negative for people and if you use even slightly too much cream yours hands can feel quite greasy for a while until the cream fully absorbs. I love it, will be buying this again.