August 27, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by KelsySJ

I agree with most of the criticisms of this product, mostly regarding the smell. But the fact remains that the lotion WORKS for seriously dry hands, especially in the winter. If the smell and greasiness really bother you, put it on at night before bed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The short review is: this stuff really works to soothe/repair dry skin. Very rich and emollient. The details are what drops this from five to four lippies.

1. The odor is very strong patchouli-ish, as I'm sure practically everyone else has mentioned. While it's not terribly offensive to me, it will linger enough that I don't want to use it before food prep or meals or before touching some items or in places where other people might be bothered by it. So, somewhat limits use.

2. The metal tube packaging is a pain because as soon as the cap is removed the product comes gushing out. Also the metal tube may split when bent or folded over.

3. Maybe a bit too greasy. OTOH, that's what helps it do its job.

That's about it. Price is okay, the body shop is always running specials. I'm not buying another tube right away due to the above criticisms, but if my hands were in a bad way, I'd not hesitate to pick this up. I tried the almond hand cream as a less smelly substitute and feel the hemp works better for really dried out hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't laugh. I use and love this cream... for my face as well as hands and feet. IMO the only Body Shop product worth buying. Some people aren't crazy about the earthy smell, I adore it. The only thing I'm not that keen about is the aluminum tube, but I can live with it.

This product shares a special place in my heart along with the Weleda Skin Food.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This cream is extremely greasy for a hand cream. The smell is bad and lingers. The packaging is nice as you can squeeze all the products out. I got it for $10 CAD and I would never purchase it at full price. All the hand creams from TBS is rather awful in smell and consistency. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by itstotallybea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The most hydrating handcream I have ever used by far. If all you care about is the feel of the cream and how moisturizing the cream is it would be 5 lipsticks however the smell is neutral and earthy which can be a negative for people and if you use even slightly too much cream yours hands can feel quite greasy for a while until the cream fully absorbs. I love it, will be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by bedeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A lot of my friends had this in high school and I would sneak some. The texture is thick and creamy. It settles into the skin very well and does help with cracking. However, I can't say that I absolutely love it. I've bought it for myself twice. It definitely works better than the Almond and Rose hand creams from TBS but it doesn't exactly hydrate my hands as much as I'd like. I'm a little turned off by the ingredients, too. The smell isn't bad, just neutral and earthy. It's an ok hand cream but I'd prefer to use pure shea butter; it works better for my easily dried out hands in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Adriana2013

My friend had shockingly dry hands, so rough and I thought it was beyond repair. She tried many handcreams but with no success. We were in the Body Shop and the cream was on offer. After 1 week of numerous daily applications, her hands started to heal. Within 3 weeks they were renewed - soft and healthy again. Amazing results. When I see any of my friend with a similar hand condition, I always give them this cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by lawlady88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail hand cream. Period. This stuff is amazing and you should own it. Everyone I introduce it to loves it, even though the packaging leaves something to be desired. My friend talks about wanting to fill a bathtub with it and soak. My boyfriend has bad and painful eczema on his fingertips and this is the only thing that does any good. I am obsessed with having moisturized hands. It's so great. Just get it, you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by nwww

Best hand cream that I've used so far.I put it before bed,it's brilliant.Greasy but work wonders for very dry hands.It doesn't smell nice but worth using anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by xga1125

After reading reviews for this product, I realize this works for a lot of people but I haven't used it enough to judge its quality. I bought the package that came with this along with two other scented hand creams. I am not a fan of the scent. I tried to use it more to get my money worth but the scent's really off-putting for me. The biggest con for me is the packaging - whenever I open the lid the product comes out uncontrollably without me squeezing the tube. If I want to give it another try I would have to transfer it to a container which is a hassle ..