Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum

4.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Naturally Derived Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

I'm another Sephora shopper who fell in love with this product. I read about it some years ago but back then, I thought the price was too high for what it claimed to deliver. After educating myself about the constant needs of my hair (I'm multi-racial as is my daughter and we're always learning something new about what our hair likes and loathes), I've learned to adjust cost and think in terms of how well a product performs as I feel it's worth a little extra if the product actually does what it claims.

When I had the option to pick up a deluxe sample of this as a VIB offer through Sephora, I figured why not? Cost wise it is right up there with another of my fave lines, Moroccanoil, and I could have kicked myself after spending 100 points when I could have gotten the same item for a song off Evilbay, which is just what I did after I tried Olio di Jasmine for a week and knew this was a 'must have' product. I eventually even went for the full size bottle since I found it on special for 15% off.

For a brief hair bio, my hair is just to my shoulders, tends to be dry with some split ends, and is relaxed. I try to keep heat usage to a minimum (a couple times a month) and usually wear it back during the day and wrapped at night. I also dye my hair a couple times a year and use olive oil religiously or coconut oil when my dye's faded and a little more fade from the coconut oil won't matter.

There are so many things I love about this product! The serum is very concentrated with a lovely bit of slip which is probably due, in large part, to all the 'cones', but my hair loves them and they play nice and don't cause me too many problems. I did use up one of my 5ml bottles in about a month and a half, but I have extremely thick and coarse hair when I get in lots of new growth, and sometimes have to use more product when it's been a while since I've relaxed it. It's been four months since I last relaxed my hair and I pretty much resign myself to a certain amount of frizz no matter my efforts. This product helped tremendously with the taming of that frizz. I apply it after spraying in a bit of a home made leave in conditioner by squirting maybe a dime size or less into my palms, rubbing my hands together and working it through with my fingers from roots to ends. Then I brush, style and go.

There is a definite difference in my hair when I use this. It's smoother, sleek and soft to the touch, smells just fantastic and is very easy to manage. It also works beautifully as a pre-treatment when using heated styling products (curling iron and dryer) on my hair and helps tame fly-aways. And while it isn't cheap by any means, I think the full size bottle will last me for months.

I don't think this product alone works miracles on my hair because I have such stubborn, curly and difficult to manage hair. But the fact that I detect an obvious improvement in my own irritating tresses speaks to the amazing quality of this product. I will definitely buy again, plan on trying it out on my daughter and have ordered other items in the line to see if they work as well. If you're tempted but are put off by the price, there are usually lots of the 5ml trial size bottles on Ebay for a steal. I'd say pick one up there and give it a try if you've been on the fence due to the cost, but don't be surprised if you fall in love, too. It's great stuff even for a jaded c/d/product junkie like myself.

on 12/29/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I, too, got a free deluxe-sized sample from Sephora of this lovely smelling serum that is loaded with 'cones. So of course it makes your hair shiney. Meanwhile, it smells good and works fairly well on my fine, dry hair. I will not purchase the full bottle though because the ingredients are too synthetic.

on 12/21/2010 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

First off, my hair is every girls nightmare. Dry hair, split ends constantly, oily and flaky scalp, curly and frizzy - especially in humid weather and I live in Mississippi...so yes, horrible hair. On top of all of that, it's extremely damaged from tons of heat. I straighten it religiously and the split ends start from my shoulders and go all the way to the end (midback).
I received this as a delux sample from sephora like other reviewers. Of course I wasnt expecting anything amazing because I was happy with my argan oil. I followed the directions but found that for my length, I needed about 6 drops in all, spaced out layer by layer, on my damp or wet hair. I haven't used it on my dry hair, but I'm blown away by how well it does work. It doesn't get rid of all the frizzies, but drastically reduced it. It smells absolutely fantastic and lingers all day. It's not greasy, but I only focus on ears down. The sample is lasting forever - it's already been over a week and I'm only used about 1/4. Price wise, I don't think it's too expensive, but I will say that it seems like I'll never run out at this rate. I will continue using Josie Moran but after I will buy this. Besides, it's way cheaper. What's not to love?

on 12/12/2010 10:37:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and I reluctantly decided to try it. I don't use anything in my hair mainly because it is fine without it and also because I'm afraid it will mat up my hair in the night (I do my hair at night, not in the morning) or it will transfer to my pillowcase and then to my face and break me out....
Well, I gave this stuff a try and its great! I apply a pea size to towel dried hair at the middle and ends and then blow dry. It really brings out my curls and makes me hair looks great! I haven't had any bad effects from this and I hope to buy a full size soon!
BTW - I love the smell! It smells like jasmine, really!

on 7/29/2010 3:17:00 PM

It gave decent shine and smoothness. It doesn't have much of a scent unless you really concentrate and smell it. It is expensive and I wouldn't repurchase for the minimal results I got.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

I bought my second bottle yesterday. I like the way this feels on the hair and the delicate jasmine smell. Makes my ringlets look blacker and glossy and when I blow it out, acts as a protectant. I would not buy another shiny hair serum than this.

on 4/10/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am on my third bottle of this. I love how well it works and the pleasant jasmine scent. The product helps smooth my hair to reduce frizz. My hair is softer and more manageable. My hair has only 'a little' bit of frizz which this product controls very well. I have tried many hair serums, high and low end. This is one of my favorites. Worth trying out.

on 3/22/2010 3:13:00 AM

The amazing scent makes me wish it were a perfume and not a hair serum! This is the nicest smelling product I've ever used. Very lightweight on the hair, frizz fighting, and travel friendly. I use it after I blow dry or flat-iron.

on 2/19/2010 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am obsessed with all scents jasmine so I decided to splurge a bit on this. I have VERY thick (a ponytail's width is roughly that of an American dollar coin), coarse, wavy hair that is halfway down my back. i wash my hair about 2x a week.

My main method of styling is to towel dry, put in a serum and let my hair air dry the rest of the way, adding a little more product at the end to smooth. this allows me to maintain the wave (my natural state is kind of that beachy wave look) and not spend too much time on my hair. unfortunately the jasmine didn't work with that -- not enough weight and control! so back to my beloved kerastase serum, which gives me a great scent and great control.

i will finish up the bottle for the scent, using it as a glossing serum or a pick-me-up on already dry hair.

on 7/19/2009 11:24:00 AM

There are so many quality glossing products on the market, and this one is average.

Pros:

Packaging and control are nice. Packaging and application are nice, as opposed to a mist.

Fragrance.

Delivers gloss.

Little goes a long way, so you'll have your bottle a long time.

Cons:

Heavier than I like.

No special "wow" factor.

I don't think there's anything special about this product, and I'll not repurchase. It's average. I prefer Pureology's glossing mist. Ojon has a nice glossing mist as well.

I have nothing bad to say about it, but I don't think there's anything to separate it from the pack.