Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum

4.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Naturally Derived Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

on 12/29/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I, too, got a free deluxe-sized sample from Sephora of this lovely smelling serum that is loaded with 'cones. So of course it makes your hair shiney. Meanwhile, it smells good and works fairly well on my fine, dry hair. I will not purchase the full bottle though because the ingredients are too synthetic.

on 12/21/2010 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

First off, my hair is every girls nightmare. Dry hair, split ends constantly, oily and flaky scalp, curly and frizzy - especially in humid weather and I live in Mississippi...so yes, horrible hair. On top of all of that, it's extremely damaged from tons of heat. I straighten it religiously and the split ends start from my shoulders and go all the way to the end (midback).
I received this as a delux sample from sephora like other reviewers. Of course I wasnt expecting anything amazing because I was happy with my argan oil. I followed the directions but found that for my length, I needed about 6 drops in all, spaced out layer by layer, on my damp or wet hair. I haven't used it on my dry hair, but I'm blown away by how well it does work. It doesn't get rid of all the frizzies, but drastically reduced it. It smells absolutely fantastic and lingers all day. It's not greasy, but I only focus on ears down. The sample is lasting forever - it's already been over a week and I'm only used about 1/4. Price wise, I don't think it's too expensive, but I will say that it seems like I'll never run out at this rate. I will continue using Josie Moran but after I will buy this. Besides, it's way cheaper. What's not to love?

on 12/12/2010 10:37:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and I reluctantly decided to try it. I don't use anything in my hair mainly because it is fine without it and also because I'm afraid it will mat up my hair in the night (I do my hair at night, not in the morning) or it will transfer to my pillowcase and then to my face and break me out....
Well, I gave this stuff a try and its great! I apply a pea size to towel dried hair at the middle and ends and then blow dry. It really brings out my curls and makes me hair looks great! I haven't had any bad effects from this and I hope to buy a full size soon!
BTW - I love the smell! It smells like jasmine, really!

on 7/29/2010 3:17:00 PM

It gave decent shine and smoothness. It doesn't have much of a scent unless you really concentrate and smell it. It is expensive and I wouldn't repurchase for the minimal results I got.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

I bought my second bottle yesterday. I like the way this feels on the hair and the delicate jasmine smell. Makes my ringlets look blacker and glossy and when I blow it out, acts as a protectant. I would not buy another shiny hair serum than this.

on 4/10/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am on my third bottle of this. I love how well it works and the pleasant jasmine scent. The product helps smooth my hair to reduce frizz. My hair is softer and more manageable. My hair has only 'a little' bit of frizz which this product controls very well. I have tried many hair serums, high and low end. This is one of my favorites. Worth trying out.

on 3/22/2010 3:13:00 AM

The amazing scent makes me wish it were a perfume and not a hair serum! This is the nicest smelling product I've ever used. Very lightweight on the hair, frizz fighting, and travel friendly. I use it after I blow dry or flat-iron.

on 2/19/2010 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am obsessed with all scents jasmine so I decided to splurge a bit on this. I have VERY thick (a ponytail's width is roughly that of an American dollar coin), coarse, wavy hair that is halfway down my back. i wash my hair about 2x a week.

My main method of styling is to towel dry, put in a serum and let my hair air dry the rest of the way, adding a little more product at the end to smooth. this allows me to maintain the wave (my natural state is kind of that beachy wave look) and not spend too much time on my hair. unfortunately the jasmine didn't work with that -- not enough weight and control! so back to my beloved kerastase serum, which gives me a great scent and great control.

i will finish up the bottle for the scent, using it as a glossing serum or a pick-me-up on already dry hair.

on 7/19/2009 11:24:00 AM

There are so many quality glossing products on the market, and this one is average.

Pros:

Packaging and control are nice. Packaging and application are nice, as opposed to a mist.

Fragrance.

Delivers gloss.

Little goes a long way, so you'll have your bottle a long time.

Cons:

Heavier than I like.

No special "wow" factor.

I don't think there's anything special about this product, and I'll not repurchase. It's average. I prefer Pureology's glossing mist. Ojon has a nice glossing mist as well.

I have nothing bad to say about it, but I don't think there's anything to separate it from the pack.

on 6/18/2009 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Okay, this is my HG hair product. I love the smell. It is well worth the money. FYI, you can get a small travel size at Ulta (maybe other places too) for about $15 or so if you donít want the more expensive glass bottles. I dropped the large bottle and was very upset when it cracked.

But, this is a nice anti-frizz/smoothing serum that gives a lot of shine. I use a little when my hair is wet before drying. Also, I use a bit before I use my CHI flat ironÖ.gives nice shiny (not oily or greasy) bouncy hair. You donít need a lot of this product so a bottle lasts.