April 18, 2014 | 1846 users online

Fragrances - Molinard - Nirmala

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I was told that Thierry Mugler created the much loved/much hated Angel based on Nirmala, but I don't smell it. On first whiff, because I'm such a lover of sweet fragrances, I was swooning... and about an hour later, hello headache. It's tropical, yes. It's sweet, yes. It's creamy, yes. All things I love, but in moderation! I'm not sure what the base notes are in this, but I do know that on me, it settles into a mango-vanilla-musk, as if I took a bunch of Body Shop oils and mixed them into a single container. I've noticed you can buy this online for quite a low price, but the boutique I sampled this in was selling it for $85CDN for 100ml. No thanks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2005 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mimosa05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very similar to Angel; I got the blue bottle... On drydown it goes through a gorgeous creamy sweet phase, but then later, on me, it gets a "corn" note that is annoying. Alas, not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2005 1:14:00 PM More reviews by bunnisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think it's really fascinating how fragrances change from day to day. Yesterday, I experienced a major mango / prune accord, which took a while to die down to a lovely incensey base. Today, the fruit doesn't shout, and the incense is prominent.

I love this fragrance - it's very mysterious and old fashioned. I think of dark gothic castles and red velvet -- it smells sumptous & grounded.

I actually love this more and more as time goes by. It's a perfect fall scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2005 9:59:00 PM More reviews by newproducts

The first time I tried this, I thought it was a little too sweet, with a touch of the "body odor" that some people have mentioned. Still, I kind of liked it in small doses. The more I wear it, however, the more I hate it. I don't even think it's the b.o. aspect of it that's sickening. I can't put my finger on it. It's not the cloying sweetness of it either. I own fragrances sweeter than this that I still love. I tried Nirmala again today after many months, and I couldn't stand it. It had me literally putting my nose in the air the better to get it away from my neck, where I had spritzed a tiny bit. After an hour and a half of enduring this, during which time the scent did not abate at all, I had to wash it off. I can still faintly smell it though, ten hours later, but it's tolerable at this faint level.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2004 11:33:00 AM More reviews by cucas87

I've been looking for a vanilla-y scent for a while and am not having luck finding a woodsy vanilla that doesn't smell sharp on me. So I went to a local perfume boutique and played and played and liked how this smelled on the little strips of paper they gave me: like vanilla and fruit, and I didn't get any kind of Angel or Angel Innocent thing. I bought it and have worn it for three days and now I definitely see the similarity to the Angel fragrances. But on me, this is much more wearable and light and, thankfully, lacks the heavy waftiness I get with the Angel family. I'm also happy because this smells what Prada smells like in the bottle (on me, it's nothing but Patchouli). The fact that it is available for a low price is an added bonus. For once, an inexpensive item works well for me. That's good news.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Moodyone

Nirmala….where do they come up with these names? Maybe Nirmala is some character in an obscure opera that I will never get to see. The last time I tried to go to the opera was when my husband said he had a baaaaad stomachache and so we turned around and went home. He seemed fine later though, when he was watching the superbowl and eating Taco Bell. I think he just wanted to see the Buccaneers beat the Raiders. How was I supposed to know when the Superbowl was? Geesh! Anyway, I don’t know who Nirmala is, was, or if they just made this name up while they were playing Scrabble. What I do know is that Nirmala hates me. I was all excited because I read that it smelled sort of like Angel, which I think is wonderful in small doses. But it wasn’t meant to be. Nirmala slapped me in the face with too much grapefruit and ended up smelling like an armpit on a hot day with not a lot of deodorant. If you know you can do grapefruit and not offend, give this girl a whirl but otherwise…stay away.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Inez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scent was love at first sniff.
Though I am usually not a citrus-scent lover, in this one, the citrus and the other fruits are absolutely lovely.

This scent is lovely, sexy and cozy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2004 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

Impish Nature has it exactly in earlier reveiw! This one went total stinky body odor on me, and it went stinky body odor on the friend I tried to give it to. Her daughter took it, but I suspect as a teenager working on grunge, she liked the idea of stinky body odor.

Description: apple, beeswax, sandalwood, stinky body odor, body odor arising, arising, arising... it has stormed the palace doors and taken over the castle!!! FLEEEEEEEeeeeeee!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by NancyT

My first impression upon applying Nirmala was that it smelled like a mixture of pineapple and sweet tropical flowers. After about 30 minutes the powdery note set in and continued throughout the dry down. Also in the dry down was a caramel and chocolate candy note. It's a nice fragrance and a bit more unusual than most (except for Angel, it really does smell like a lighter version of that). It's sweet, but sexy in a way. I like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2004 2:44:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A very nice scent. I don't agree that it smells a lot like Angel. It is gourmand, but I don't get the heavy patchouli and chocolate that Angel has. It has top citrus notes, spices like cinnamon, and a definitely gourmand base, I'd say vanilla-amber, but it does not have the sillage or lasting power of Angel. It's a lot lighter to me. It's lovely in a different way. You could wear this one in warm weather.

Great bottle and price.