April 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Brows - Kevyn Aucoin - The Precision Brow Pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Meliamalia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dark brown near - black eyebrows and I use this in BRUNETTE. I give this 3 1/2 lippies because it's not exactly my HG,and it's expensive- but worth trying anyway. I like the color: dark neutral brown (No RED, no Ash), and it's a skinny lead so there's no sharpening needed. The price is a killer though. $24! For that kind of money, the lead should run darn near the length of the container! It's a bit of a pain to use in some areas of my brows for definition. Sometimes when I'm working on a spot that needs heavier coverage, it seems to pick the color back off as I mark it. The staying power is decent. Just can't touch my brows, especially if i'm sweaty or I'm in humid conditions. I may repurchase if I don't find something better, or maybe to use as a "back up" if I do find something else. I'd recommend you give this a try though. I've tried so many brow liners and even used eyeliners for my brows, and this one is pretty good.EDIT: Even though I can't see red tones on the pencil itself, I notice after a few hours it fades to a reddish tone on my brows. There's coverage, but it's a slightly different color. Weird. My skin isn't that oily, but that's the only thing I can think of that's changing the color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by pugtales

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG,the only negative thing about this is the amount of product you get,the rest is simply perfection,i have it in Brunette,the color is perfect,no red at all,i have dark brown eyebrows.The texture also perfect,application easy,the brush on the other side is stiff,perfect also.
Update:THis is still an amazing product,but the price for the amount that you get it pretty ridiculous,Anastasia's Brow Wiz in Medium Ash has replaced this,it's just as amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jenren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Kevyn, you didn't let me down! I have been a fan of Kevyn Aucoin for years, after reading about his work and Face Forward and Making Faces. He was a true makeup genious. I purchased the brow pencil yesterday after reading the raves on here and my eyebrows now look like perfection! For years, the perfect brow pencil/shadow eluded me. What can I say other than it looks absolutely, 100% natural. My brows look well defined and better than they ever have! The thin little pencil makes drawing those little "hairs" and blending them effortless.

Although I'm a redhead, the sales lady recommended I try the blonde as the red looks a little unnatural. The blonde is perfect for me. If I could give this more lippies, I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by lauraet

I qiute liked this pencil; even though it wasn't holy grail for me, it is a pretty good colour for my naturally quite dark eyebrows, and it was very easy to use.

The colour doesn't seem to have any red tones in it, but it wouldn't be suitable for someone with black eyebrows. It is amazing though how depending on how hard you press on the skin with it, it will appear lighter or darker. This means you can a have few different brow looks using the same pencil.

The spoolie brush on the end is also handy for brow grooming.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by missilita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have found the BEST eyebrow pencil ever! The pencil is slim and tiny (about 5 inches long) and the skinny nib is dry, matte and firm... none of that soft waxy crayon-y stuff that most other brow pencils are made of (that can be easily rubbed off). KA's brow color really stays put and lasts much longer than any other brow colors I have tried. The "brunette" color is also perfect - neither too warm/chocolatey brown nor too dark. A muted taupey brown that looks very natural on me. I also love the stiff spoolie brush on the other end. Downside is that it is SO expensive...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the SUPREME eye brow pencil! Before I had bought it, I'd been looking high and low for the perfect pencil that's both delicate in application yet fills in spots realistically and this is IT. I really can't see anyone being dissappointed or going wrong with it - it fits all shades of brunettes and the pencil tip creates very fine lines that don't have that "drawn on" look that many thicker eyebrow pencils have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is eyebrow pencil perfected. Convenience is excellent due to the small size, spoolie brush is on the end, and no need for extra sharpener. The color is natural and soft. I don't know if I could ever use another brand again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG brow pencil. I love how the lead is thin enough that you can make very precise small strokes. My second favorite brow pencil is Lancome's in taupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by SandraBonita

I decided to give this eyebrow pencil a try, and it is a great product! At first, I was a little reluctant to believe this brow pencil came in just one color and that it would match my eyebrows, but it did! And my eyebrows are not always the same color due to tinting. What I like most abut this product is its ease of use. It does not require an eyebrow brush to apply. It goes on smoothly and the fact that its retractable makes it so easy to travel. Depending on how much pressure you apply determines how light or dark you want the shade to look. I will most likely continue to use this product rather than the Smashbox brow powder and wax because this product will most likely last longer and requires less time to apply.
+++++UPDATE
Although I love the quality of this product, I opted not to repurchase it because the brow pencil only lasted me for 2 months. I ended up buying the Anastasia Beverly Hills eye brow pencil, and it's been 3 months since I purchased it, and still have plenty of the pencil left. Even with frequent sharpening!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

I am fair skinned and have very sparse eyebrows and it is so important to have a "natural" looking brow when doing eyebrow makeup. I was hesitant at first since it only comes in one color. But this is my eyebrow HG! I have tried waxes, powders etc and the color just does not match or the powdery application is just unnatural when your eyebrows are thin and sparse. So happy about this! I have always loved his work and trust really paid off! This is a wonderful brow pencil. The strokes really make the difference and it goes on beautifully! You wont be disappointed!