November 28, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lip Gloss - C.O. Bigelow - Mentha Lip Tint No 1138

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 10:30:00 AM More reviews by esmeraldas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Again, I love the minty tingle! And you know what I've found? If you get dry lips overnight, apply one coat of this before you go to bed, and viola, wake up to super soft lips. The color is very sheer glossy red, hardly has any color, so it's great for over lipstick, or alone. And I love the rubbery texture of the tube. And the overall "look" of the tube, looks like I got it in a foreign place. :P

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2007 1:21:00 AM More reviews by shayrah

I like this gloss a lot. I tend to lick it off so it really does help freshen my breath. I like the tint--could use more. But not as long lasting as I'd like. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this shade in a pack with 2 other colors (1136 & 1137) when Bath & Body Works was running a holiday promotion last year. I love all the colors in the pack, but 1138 was my hands-down favorite. I initially didn't like it and thought the color was too red for me (I was in my "everything brown or neutral" phase). But one morning I tried this after finishing my full makeup routine, and I was thoroughly impressed! My lips looked glossy and full and VERY rosy, but in a beatiful, natural way. Not to mention I got a refreshing, always-welcome shot of peppermint. It is the perfect compliment to the polished, natural makeup look I wear every day to work.

The formula is not as long-lasting as I would like, but more frequent touchups are a small price to pay for such great-looking lips. The peppermint taste is yummy and sweet, so if you accidentally lick some off, it is rather pleasant. The fragrance is nice as well, and anyone you breathe on will think you just popped a Starlight mint. I almost exclusively wear Mentha Lip Tints as my lipcolor. I wear them with a nude liner when I want to look super-hot, and alone for everyday hotness. :) This is a great product, in any color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by dbriones

I never, ever finish a gloss. Just not possible. I usually get sick of it and try something else new. I'm not saying that I have finished one of these, but I have high hopes. It is just tacky enough to cling to your lips, moisturizing enough not to need a separate balm, and the shine is more misty than glitter glow. Truly a great gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by twobluestripes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Ever since I was little, all I wanted was a minty lip gloss that TASTED as good as it smelled! This reddish one is my favorite shade of the Mentha Lip Tints, though I also liked the berry-ish 1136, and should probably try the pink 1137 again. It gives amazing shine that is perfect for wearing alone, but I also enjoy putting it over various reddish lipsticks to add gloss and make the color brighter. It's not very sticky, but still thick enough not to get all over the place. And of course, it tastes and smells wonderful.

The only thing that bugs me is when the tip of it gets all gooey, so I put it on with my finger instead, and then lick the excess off my fingertips (gross, I know, but it DOES freshen my breath that way). Also, after I've been using it a while, the tube gets kind of dirty and gross, and it's hard to clean that off. But usually it runs out before it's TOO horrible. And while on the packaging note, the light green tube is pretty, but it's hard to identify in my messy purse, especially when I've got five other C.O. Bigelow lippies rolling around in there.

Price is so-so. I don't really like to spend a ton on lip products, especially since I lose them, they can get taken away at the airport, etc. $5 is great, but it's not always on sale, and the $7.50 price can bug me. But it's worth it, in the end!

I really recommend this specific product, and don't fret about the color being too bright; it's very sheer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I would've liked if this had shown up as more of a red on me, but it ended up looking mostly clear with just the slightest tint of pink. Just the combination of my natural lipcolor and this gloss, I suppose. Nonetheless, I love everything else about these balms, so I can't really complain!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by rljp

Wonderful product! I love, love, love this stuff! I have almost all of the colors and these lip shines are divine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by BroncTeach

This stuff is great! It really adds LOTS of shine and softens your lips so beautifully. The mint is definitely tingly but refreshing. My only complaint is there isn't much color in it at all, at least on my lips, which are naturally pretty rosy. I'll repurchase it again, though, because I love what it does for my winter-dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by theoriginalbeautyjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My boyfriend gave this to me as part of my Christmas present and I love it! I like mint flavored products, and this definitely satisfied it! The color is pretty, and lasts alright for a lipgloss. I think the only thing I don't like is, after I use some of it, often times the tube will let out more as I close it, making my hands sticky trying to clean it up. But hey, other than that- great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by michellabella

Outstanding! I love this product. I finally tried this after reading the many rave reviews and seeing it on sale for $5 at BBW. Usually products that purport to be balms and lip colors are good at neither--but this one is the prettiest shade of sheer rose red (looks like a glossy MLBB on my pigmented lips) and makes my chapped lips feel comfortable. My lips have been so dry this winter, and this does the perfect job moisturizing and keeping them conditioned, with the added benefit of refreshing, tingly mint. Kind of reminded me of the little burst of mint you get in the center of a Girl Scout Thin Mint. Not irritating to my sensitive skin. Fairly long lasting for a glossy balm--only needed reapplication after an hour or twom or eating a big sandwich on baguette (but hey what wouldn't?). I will definitely repurchase.