October 24, 2014 | 1694 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I took the ultimate test and decided to paint my nails before I went bowling. Why would someone do that? Well I was dying to try the bonder and my new OPI polish purchase at my Sally's haul the day of (My paprika is hotter than yours, a pretty corally color) and I thought, why not set this up and see how this performs during bowling lol.

I used the bonder, OPI polish and then Revlons Extra life topcoat all 3 which I have never used before. I can say that although I painted before going out, my nails stood up to the numerous beating it took with the bowling ball.

Now, I painted my nails on Monday, it is now Thursday, which is the reason I am giving 3 lippies for now. I have a pretty big chip on my pointer finger and I was *hoping* that my manicure would last longer. I could see though, that I have a good amount a tip wear, this baby is hanging on for dear life and I could see that overall it's trying it's best not to chip. But... I don't know if it's because of the Extra Life topcoat I used in conjunction. I will update my review once I know for sure, but 3 for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by SarahLiz04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Although I've only used it a couple times I can definitely see the difference in my nails. My manicure lasted pretty well. I change my polish often so I still haven't given it a real "endurance test" though. My favorite part was how easy it was to remove my dark polish and glitter polish after using this base coat. The polish came off very easily with no extra fuss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by diamandis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Without a doubt the best base coat that has ever entered the nail world. The rubberized texture not only helps the polish stick the the nail, but fills out ridges and protects my nails. For those of you that haven't gotten the same results I have, try letting the base coat sit for about 1-3 mins, until it gets a rubberized texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by sandsvespa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wonderful product! Manicure lasts up to 10 days no chip! I use 1 coat Orly, 2 coats polish, 1 coat Revlon Extra-Life No Chip Top Coat.. Amazing product- well worth the money and it gives you a smooth gel-like nail base to apply nail polish too its great!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Courtneybrynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this base coat! I have tired quite a few and this is the best one of them all. It really helps the polish last longer without chipping.

Unfortunately, I have a problem with it, it makes my nails weak. I have never had any problem with weak, peeling, splitting nails before, and this base coat is the culprit. I love this product so much that I still use it, just not very often and make sure to rotate it out with other (less effective) base coats.

Overall, I recommend you try it, it is just that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by tgawron2233

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best bonder. I Use 1 coat bonder 2 polish and out the door top coat. I get 10 days to two weeks out of my manicures!! cant complain !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by queeniekasey

This stuff makes my nail polish last a good 5-6 days instead of 2! Unless I'm washing my hands a lot at work... then I'll still get about 2-3 days out of my nail polish. But when I'm not using harsh soaps everyday this stuff definitely helps the color last longer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by hmsw4rtz

I've tried a lot of base coats and WOW this stuff is good. With my old base my manicure will chip after a couple of days because I spend all day typing on a computer, I also had some shrinkage (seche vite). With this base coat my polish stays perfect for at least two weeks and no shrinkage! HG for sure :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am feeling very underwhelmed by this product. It applies very nicely, dries quickly and my polishes go on nice and smooth on top but not only does it not seem to extend the wear of my manicure, it actually seems to shorten it. I only used this for 1 mani/pedi for which I used two polishes I have used before with other basecoats. Previously, my mani lasted about 5 days and my pedi around 10 without noticeable chipping/tip wear. With Orly's Bonder, I noticed minimal tipwear on both hands and feet after 1 day, a few small chips on day two, and now it's day 3 and I feel like I REALLY should have removed this polish before leaving my house today - it seriously looks like my mani/pedi are two weeks old :( It may work well with other brands of polish, but one of the ones I'm wearing is a Zoya, which MOST of my stash is, and I'd rather have a basecoat that works with the polishes I have and love already. (FWIW, the other polish I am wearing is by Picture Polish and I didn't have this problem with it over Zoya or SpaRitual basecoats).

Overall: Wouldn't rec, and won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by GlamourMom3

This did not help my nail polish last at all. In fact it seemed to make it chip more easily. I had significant chipping after only five hours of wear. I tried it with different brands of polish, with different top coats etc but they chipped badly within a day every time. I have dry brittle nails. For my nail type this was a total flop.