Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray

3.7

Water (Aqua); SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.); Dimethyl Ether; Hydrofluorocarbon 152a; VA/Crotonates/Vinyl Neodecanoate Copolymer; Acrylates/Hydroxyesters Acrylates Copolymer; Fragrance (Parfum); Aminomethyl Propanol; Sodium Benzoate; Cyclohexylamine; Dimethicone Copolyol; Cyclopentasiloxane; Silk Amino Acids (Alanine; Glycine; Serine; Arginine; Isoleucine; Cystine; Histidine; Glutamic Acid; Lysine); Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis) (Palmitic Acid; Stearic Acid; Linoleic Acid; Oleic Acid; Eicosenoic Acid); Glycerin

on 3/28/2008 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This hairspray does absolutely nothing

on 1/18/2008 2:13:00 AM

This isn't really a great hairspray. It leaves my hair feeling sticky, heavy and then gets oily. It doesn't allow your hair to move very naturally. It also dulls your hair, no shine at all.

on 10/18/2007 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I own the non arasol version of this hairspray and I like it very much. My hair is dry, brittle, and fried, so I've been trying to use as few styling products on it as possible (esp anything with alcohol ot buildup). This gives just enough hold to keep my updos up without adding crunch or residue or dryin out my hair. I still try not to use it often until i get the condition of my hair back under control. I love the blue bottle and so far the spray nozzle hasn't gotten plugged up on me. The smell is nice and you don't have to worry about your hair feeling stiff or dry. However, when it says sofr flexible hold, it really means that. It is very mild and just gives that extra touch to keep fly aways under control and the hairstyle in place (barely).

on 9/22/2007 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

What can I say, this is more memory spray then hair spray. It will not keep every piece in place but it will hold it's shape. However, it is an excellent setting spray when you spray a small section of hair just before curling it with hot curlers, the curlers will last all day. The nice thing about it though is your hair is never sticky and you can easily brush it out. Will buy again

on 9/2/2007 3:21:00 PM

I don't like hairsprays that give you stiff hold because I need to be able to brush through my hair. This is perfect-it gives you light hold and I can still run my fingers through my hair if I want. When I put my hair in ponytail or any updo I just use more hairspray for extra hold and it works great. With this product, the more you apply the better hold you get. I have been using it for the last 3 years and see no reason to switch to any other more expensive brand. This is my HG hairspray!

on 6/13/2007 5:59:00 AM

This hairspray is awesome. I had always used hairsprays that had too much of a hold for my hair. I just wanted something that would keep my hair controlled, but not sticky. I was thinking that this hairspray wouldn't do anything for my hair, but it did wonders.
Before I straighten my hair, I spray this on sections of my hair, comb it out, and straighten. I go ahead and comb my hair again, and my hair feels really soft, and it looks amazing.

P.S. This is a product from Dove, so it smells amazing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I dislike hairspray with a passion. In fact, I went 34 years without buying or touching the stuff. Then I realized my naturally wavy, normal to thin thickness hair could use a bit of help gaining height at the roots and holding its general shape. Enter Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray (non-aerasol version). This is a very, very light hold hairspray. I mean uber light hold -- lighter in hold than most spray gels even. My hair doesn't require a lot to get a bit of lift at the roots, nor does it need too much help holding its waves in the shape of my hairstyle. I love that Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray delivers on both counts and does not in any way feel as though I'm wearing hairspray. I can run my fingers through or brush my hair without a hitch. I use this on wet hair, after I've applied Garnier Soft Curl Cream. I spray my fingers, turn my head upside down, and apply to my roots. I then spray my hands and scrunch the hairspray into the length of my hair. I use probably 10-12 squirts once a day for my just above the shoulder length wavy hair. If you're looking for a superduper light hold hairspray and your hair already possesses a good deal of body on its own, give this a try. If you need a hairspray to deliver body, lift and hold, I don't think this one will satisfy your needs.

on 7/28/2006 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I usually HATE hairspray. Even the NOTION of hairspray makes me cringe. That being said, I have come to accept that my fine but thick hair needs some help keeping volume at the crown when being set on velcro rollers. Since this has the word "flexible" in the name, AND since it was inexpensive, I decided to give it a try.
To my surprise, I really, really like this product. As a previous review mentions, the scent is fresh and clean, and it does provide some hold, but does not create a shellac-like coating on the hair. What a relief! After using this, my hair has volume and hold, but I can still run my fingers through it - a must, because I *despise* hair that doesn't feet "touchable."
Way to go, Dove!

on 5/9/2006 12:31:00 PM

I'm always on the hunt for a better, non-crunchy hairspray, and for the season, this is it. I love the smell--not alcoholy or overpowering, just clean. Secondly, it does a very good job of keeping my (hot-rollered) curls curly. Here's my method that I've used for years to avoid the crispies: after blow-drying, I brush my hair out and spritz hairpray all over, and I lift up to do layers underneath, too. I let it dry for a minute or two, then brush it all out. Then I use hot rollers. When I unroll, the curls have staying power! I occasionally do a one pump spritz for extra holding power, but I end up with very touchable curls that last. This method also work very well with Thermasilk flexible hold.

on 3/3/2006 4:26:00 PM

I also like this product. It gives medium strength hold and does not dry out my hair leaving it stiff and strawlike like most hairsprays I have used. Has a nice light scent.