MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation brush! I had my eye on it for a while but couldn't bring myself to pay the price for it although I'm glad I eventually gave in. I use it with my Chanel liquid foundation and it gives a lovely finish. It's easy to get into hard to reach areas aswell such as round the nose etc I would defo recommend however the packaging it comes in is rubbish! I got mine in a plastic disposable pouch thing they should all come in the proper clearly stoic pouch like the short powder/blush brush does

Great brush, soft and feels good on skin. Applied foundation evenly and easily. Handle is too long.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my favourite brush to use when applying bb cream or tinted moisturiser. It doesn't pick up a lot of product like a 187 does which is good in my eyes, I hate to see the brush soaking it all up. I have to work quickly with this as if you don't sometimes your foundation can go streaky. But once you get the hang of it it's all good. A classic staple in my stash. X

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I know it's a foundation brush, but I prefer to use it for the concealer or to reach to difficult areas like inner corners of the eyes or the sides of the nose. Using it for foundation doesn't work for me: it gives a very high coverage that I don't need and the result looks pretty heavy and unnatural for my taste. I prefer the flat duo-fiber buffer or a damp sponge for the foundation. I wouldn't repurchase it because I simply don't use it much; if I could, I would turn back time and chose the 187 duo fiber face brush from MAC instead of this one. I use my Coastal Scents one for blush, foundation, blending, highlighting pigments. I would love to see if the MAC one gives different results, but I just can't afford it at the moment :(
However, if you're looking for high coverage results, this brush does a great job, so I'm just gonna 5-lip it because it does its job; the problem is I need another job and I didn't know it 2 years ago when I got it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I use this brush with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and they are like a match made in heaven! I used to apply this foundation with my finger, (what was i thinking?!) but then with a bit a bit of debating about the price,i got my paws on this brush. If you do it right, it leaves your foundation looking absolutely flawless and feels like it improves the coverage and even the lasting power of the foundation. Its easy to use, soft and doesn't shed. The only this is that the price is a little steep, but nevertheless it was worth the money and i'd do it all again!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This brush is a good alternative for stippling brushes or sponges especially because you can apply easily makeup into the corners of your nose and the the eye whereas it's more difficult with other foundation tools. However I have to say that I prefer the MAC 187 stippling brush because I find that the #190 can leave streak marks but that might also depend on the foundation used. I use the Revlon Colorstay which is quite hard to blend already so the stippling brush is easier but nevertheless the MAC 190 is a good brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product to apply my MAC Studio Fix Foundation four years ago. I remember it being quite pricey, but I will admit that it has never shedded in washing it, and the brush remains really soft. Thing is, I never was happy with the application results, but perhaps I don't have the technique down/clear enough skin. Having said that, I rarely reach for it and wish I invested in the 187 instead.

I recently bought this brush to use with my studio fix fluid foundation and I love it! I never really tried applying foundation with my fingers, but I feel like it's faster with a brush, and the foundation looks more airbrushed. Once you get the hang of using the brush correctly, applying foundation is a breeze. You should be using short, quick strokes and pat down every now and then. If your foundation is streaking, your strokes are likely too long! Don't forget to make the last few strokes go down so all the little invisible hairs on your face aren't sticking up. The brush hasn't shed a single hair in close to a month and I use a sephora brush shampoo to clean it. The only thing I wish it had is a cap so it doesn't get ruined when I throw it in my make up bag. The sephora pro brushes have the little caps, and I was able to find one that fits this brush! YAY!

I bought this to use with StudioTech, which it went perfectly with. Not sure what else it is good for, but I'm happy with my purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was new to liquid foundation when I began to use this and i found it great. Now that I have experimented with other brushes I came to realize this is crap! It left my foundation too streaky no matter how much I buffed. To make matters worse it is expensive and its poor quality. After less than a year of use the brisles became detached from the handles. Total fail! Save your money and invest it in their 130 brush or if you are on a budget elf has a $3 foundation brush that works alot better than this junk

Popular Makeup Brushes