October 20, 2014 | 1898 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I bought this to use with StudioTech, which it went perfectly with. Not sure what else it is good for, but I'm happy with my purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was new to liquid foundation when I began to use this and i found it great. Now that I have experimented with other brushes I came to realize this is crap! It left my foundation too streaky no matter how much I buffed. To make matters worse it is expensive and its poor quality. After less than a year of use the brisles became detached from the handles. Total fail! Save your money and invest it in their 130 brush or if you are on a budget elf has a $3 foundation brush that works alot better than this junk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have read some great reviews on this brush and had it and never used it because I'm a BB Cream convert and was using my hands. Well no more with this bad boy I have their other foundation brush but in my opinion this brush is far superior. I'm using it with my BRTC Blemish Recover Balm and holy grail!!! I never thought it would work but it does:)

A lot of people don't like that BRTC because it's hard to blend but not with this brush! Seriously no streaks when you use the mid part of the bristles and gently pat when done or I pat while I work. It made me skin look better and I didn't have to use my hands which, was nice because otherwise you know the deal you have to get it off before you finish your makeup cause it gets everywhere. It also this is silly but I can put on my makeup without taking out my nose ring because the brush goes right around it. Ha I luv that! :D

With this brush I find myself getting done much faster! The application is smooth and no lines when you use the mid part to blend. If you want to go light i use the top but I pat my skin and it removes any trace of brush handiwork:) If you use BB Cream you should pat anyway which I find makes it look really good. Right now this brush is brand new but I would repurchase as I'm a beauty junky and would get it for serious makeup lovers only. It's to expensive to have and not use.

It really is that good! I'm so happy I read the reviews here because you ladies did not steer me wrong.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by keishanshan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this brush so much! before I bought this brush, i usually use my own hand or sponge to put on liquid foundation. I have oily skin and I sweat easily and whenever I used my hand to put on foundation, it obviously give me an uneven-spread of foundation on my face! But I used this brush just now! and the result is surprisingly awesome! Now I believe why my bestie recommended me to use a foundation brush!!!! this definitely delight u guys!!!!! A MUST HAVE FOUNDATION BRUSH!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Great foundation brush for liquid and waterbased formulas. When using 2 pea sized blobs of foundation and this brush, I get a great, everyday medium coverage. I dip the brush in the blobs and literally paint my face in smooth, fast short strokes, starting around my nose and brushing outwards towards ears and below jawline. I pat with the brush or a damp sponge all over my face afterwards since the brush will leave slight streaks. Other than that, it's fuss free and easy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation brush. It feels silky smooth. The rounded edge is good for getting in corners around your nose and blending near the hairline. Most of all it washes well, not one bristle has come out of my brush. It has retained the shape perfectly. The only thing I can say for all MAC brushes is that the numbers & lettering rub away. I think that for the price you pay for the brushes this should not happen at all, especially since after using cheapie brands that had lettering- this did not happen. Other than that I like this one and others I own.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by emiliagorgeous

This was the first M.A.C brush i ever purchased. I was eyeing all their make up brushes for a very long time but I could never make myself pay for any of them. Then I finally went for it and invested in this one. After that I was sold on them and continued to invest in more although i like some of their brushes more then others. This is one of the more basic brushes that M.A.C has to offer. The secret that I see with using this brush correctly is the the type of foundation that you use. The other thing you have to realize with using this brush to apply light coverage foundation is that it will streak no matter what, but using heavier foundation will be a lot easier to get good results and it is always it is better to use a brush to apply then your fingers or a sponge. It also depends on the brush stokes you us when applying your foundation as well, using long stokes will tend to just cause steaming while small stokes will give you much better foundation application. Now I use a different M.A.C brush to stipple my foundation on. Unstead of using the 190 to finish a full foundation application I actually use the the 190 brush to apply foundation to my face first (so i don't gum up the 109 with product) then use the 109 brush to stipple the foundation so I get more of a airbrush finish. I still like my 190 brush, it is much simpler then some people to get a full coverage and precise foundation application then some people think. It doesn't always streak. It would be a great brush for someone to use that isn''t interested in learning how to stipple, i would just advise using a heavier foundation if you have a lot of skin imperfections, or shorter quick stokes so you don't get streaky foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I love my Mac foundation brush. I have had it for well over 5 years, and yes it does look battered lol, but the brush itself is perfect still. I think i paid around 30 for it, cant be sure, but its a worthwhile investment. Makeup, imo, looks awful when applied with fingers so this is a must!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In response to KitKat, the brush comes in a very thin cellophane sleeve open at the top and with a bar code. It is a very good brush, I had the same one for at least 5 years, cleanse it once a week with the MAC brush cleanser and also with shampoo. I also got the 190SE which came with other brushes before Christmas from Nordstrom, but the bristles are definitely different. The shorter special edition brushes are made in China, whereas most of the normal length ones are made in Japan, US or Canada (the country is printed next to the bar code). Do not buy from Ebay, although they look very similar, they are not authentic, therefore they are of an inferior quality.
The brush applies the foundation more thinly than with the fingers, so you use less product. You have to be careful to pat after applying, otherwise you would get streaks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by sbiringer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In response to Kitkat001's question, it is sold in an open plastic sleeve. Just bought my first one at the MAC counter in Macy's.

After consulting with a fellow MAC friend and fan, I decided to buy this brush. So far I like it and use it with the Studio Fix powder foundation. I like a medium coverage and this brush helps me achieve the look I want, better than any sponge I have tried. I haven't used liquid in many years so I cannot say how well it works with that. The price is a little high but you do get a high quality product. I also do not like how long the handle is. It will not fit in my brush bag :(